The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 'The' page you must see. Period. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
And let suppose, only for a moment, shall we?, that we are the only intelligent life in the universe.

Are we really then so small?
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
893 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
I think if we suppose we're the only intelligent life in the universe, then our egos, at least, must be gigantic.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Right. But if it were really the case that we were the only intelligent life in the universe?

It doesn't even matter. My point is that size doesn't necessarily have anything to do with dimension.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
With those numbers?

If we suppose that we're the only intelligent life in the whole of the Universe, imo, then we're not very intelligent.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Y'all are missing my point.

It happens.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I see your point and agree completely, since we're speaking strictly in hypotheticals.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Then this is Olympus.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
"It is so large, Technically it shouldn't exist according to current physics theory's"

I'm sorry, Which theory is that? I know there are many, many theory's out there, But I think I may have missed this one. (Among others)
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15874 Posts

Profile of tommy
If you wish to appear ruinously scientific you might want to start by knowing no one could have counted all them stars.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Meh... Canis Major ain't so big!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3212 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Thanks for the great picture Doug.

I also like the video, Expansiveness of the universe, although I think the picture is better in some ways.

On a related subject, the video Powers Of Ten... the unimaginable size of our universe shows moving out from earth into distant space.

The video Powers of 10 is somewhat repetitive of the previous video, but the ending goes from the very large to the very small.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 'The' page you must see. Period. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL