The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Reading Machine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Hello all,

Just had a very intriguing idea after playing around with some interesting ideas of how to create a mind reading computer. Basically imagine someone walking into a booth, thinking of a playing card/number etc., and computer reads their mind.

Without influence, or psychological forcing. They could think of it outside the booth.
Without contact.
No typing, speaking, making sounds, nodding of the head, or other movements.

Obviously it wouldn't work 100% of the time, but with a just, say that even with just a 40% hit rate on a receptive client, my question is, do you think it could stand as a commercial venture?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
A Cold Reading Machine?

They have those already, at least here in Malaysia.

Some are Palmistry based. Some are Horoscope based etc...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-06-17 18:58, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
A Cold Reading Machine?

No, I was referring to a mind reading machine. In other words you think of a number between 1 and 100 and it displays text on the screen for about 60 seconds then it tells you what number you are thinking of. (No math done to it, just your original number).
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
I think it was Jack Dean who many years ago made a mind reading "machine" that went with a Koran Deck. My old friend Ray Hafler had one.

You peeked at the card and then flipped switches on a box. The performer never asked a question or said a word. A light went on and told you the value and suit of the card. This was years before personal computers so it was quite a novelty. It wasn't cheap. As I recall it was around $100. Ray's was the only one I ever saw.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2010-06-17 21:19, magicFreak2 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-06-17 18:58, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
A Cold Reading Machine?

No, I was referring to a mind reading machine. In other words you think of a number between 1 and 100 and it displays text on the screen for about 60 seconds then it tells you what number you are thinking of. (No math done to it, just your original number).

But at a 40% hit rate, wouldn't a "coin flip guessing Machine" be better? At least that is always at a 50% hit rate.

Think about it.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Reading Machine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.59 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL