The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Performance World Championships (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
The Street Performance World Championships are being held in Cork and Dublin, Ireland, at the moment, and there are some wonderful acts on view. Jugglers, unicyclists, magicians, sword-swallowers, mad scientists, break-dancers and dare devils. It was inspirational to see so many quality performers in one park. It has certainly inspired me. I am going back on the street next week.
There were very few magicians this year, but local lad Jack Wise is flying the flag well for our art, and drawing (and holding) big crowds.
Quick change act David and Dania are also taking part.
If you are in Ireland or the UK check it out this weekend at Merian Square, Dublin. You'll have a great day. And a big thank you to all the performers for a wonderful day today.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
It would be great if you could get pictures.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
831 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Tony - I saw it in Cork last year, and it was a GREAT day. Jack Wise was having his first time out. I would have liked to see how he's progressed since then, but I was working the weekend - so had to decide - work and earn? or have the day off? I worked! You know what the weather can be like here in Ireland, and last weekend was extremely good.
Jazzy Snazzy - last year, there were a load of pics posted on the site. Take a look at the website.

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Jack Wise has come on tremendously since last year. He gave a brilliant performance.

Like you DCB I had to decide to take the gigs, so I could not see the event in Cork. But I had Thursday off and took the train to Dublin. I'm glad I did. I caught some good acts. And next week I'll be on Grafton Street with my hat.

Check out the website of the Southern Brotherhood of Magicians for some pics of the day. http://www.sbm-magic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Performance World Championships (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL