The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Revelation technique (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
I just received an email advertising this: http://therevelationtechnique.com/

Anyone know anything about it?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I like the sales letter I can see it selling loads to newbies and lay people.

There didn't seem to be much technique in the revelation....it should be called info getting technique. I think most people with a little experience would already know.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Nothing! I just looked at the ad and it looks like the standard crap ad pimping material to beginners and lay-curious by name dropping. The ad did not appear to be worth a full read. I did do a look up and the owner is hiding his information, but it is registered in GB, that there could be a clue... Hmmm, do the initials JR ring a bell? (No not John Riggs.)

Tony
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Not familiar with the effect advertised; however, if something looks/sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'd also be leery of buying anything from someone who performs in his t-shirt and lacks the "root count" needed to grow a beard, but is too lazy to shave.
Dick Christian
stashu
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of stashu
Quote:
On 2010-06-18 12:03, Dick Christian wrote:
Not familiar with the effect advertised; however, if something looks/sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I'd also be leery of buying anything from someone who performs in his t-shirt and lacks the "root count" needed to grow a beard, but is too lazy to shave.

:rotf:
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-06-18 11:57, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Nothing! I just looked at the ad and it looks like the standard crap ad pimping material to beginners and lay-curious by name dropping. The ad did not appear to be worth a full read. I did do a look up and the owner is hiding his information, but it is registered in GB, that there could be a clue... Hmmm, do the initials JR ring a bell? (No not John Riggs.)

Tony

I doubt JR is involved he would be in the video! But the sales letter is good from the point of view of taking money off newbies and lay people. I think it will sell supposing there is traffic going there.

I thought the "performance" was awful. Would fit nicely with all those street hypnotists though. They probably think the presentation was wonderful.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

I did not watch the video; I'd rather use that time in the potty or someplace more worthwhile.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I look at all marketing. For me its time well spent. But then it is an interest of mine...
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
Guys who need a shave and are wearing white undershirts always come across as authority figures...NOT.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Pure hype
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
The sales page is pretty good. Voices are Australian, doesn't look like GB in the videos either. The production quality is also far too good to be from the mighty JR.

I don't know what video you guys have been watching, but it certainly doesn't look too good to be true from where I'm sat. The participants all have pens in their hands and I'm sure at least one had a bit of paper. I'll be amazed if this is anything more than a ripoff - so much so that I'm happy to point out that he uses Vimeo to host his sales letter video. It's against the Vimeo TOS to use their service to host commercial videos for a commerical purpose. I'm sure a closed Vimeo account would hit his sales page conversion rate pretty bad.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Wow, kindergarten for psychics. Guess you must start somewhere.

Here a cute bunny Smile

Just my two cents worth.

The sales ad was reasonably well done. Points for that.
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
I agree. Great "squeeze page" as they say. The effect, if it really works as well as it's presented, totally baffled me. But I doubt that it plays like the video shows it does. BTW, I thought the accents were Australian, not British. Perhaps one of our Ozzie friends will tell us if I'm right.

This has inspired me to invent a new and astounding effect that's 100% impromptu and works 100% of the time. And it's great for picking up chicks too. Instead of charging $19.95 for it I hereby offer it to the mentalism community for free and release all performance rights irrevocably and worldwide.

I call it Rocketeer's Perfect Panty Prediction. The effect is that you tell women what color panties they're wearing!

It's easy peasy:

Don't shave for a few days.

Wear a T-shirt or wifebeater you've been wearing since you last shaved. Don't comb your hair.

Go to a public place like a park, boardwalk, zoo or amusement park. Approach women at random and after the requisite small talk, tell them you know what color panties they're wearing! Await shocked response and denials.

Then tell them what color panties they're wearing and blow their minds (and maybe get their phone numbers!

Secret: Before you go to the park glue a two by three inch mirror to the top of both or your shoes. As you walk around the venue, nonchalantly stick one of your feet between the legs of random women. Observe the color of their panties then quickly but subtly remove your foot. (If any of them have gone commando it's a nice bonus.) A few minutes later, accost the woman and reveal to her what color panties she's wearing. Believe me, it kills.

I'm sorry but I cannot be held responsible for any legal actions taken against you for assault, sexual assault, invasion of privacy, criminal mischief, creating a public nuisance and the like.

A bonus here in the States is that if the girl is under 18 you may win a fully paid for sabbatical to practice your back palm for ten or twenty years. Not to mention learning the closely guarded secret that's more sought after than "The Tossed Out Deck", It's called "Toss the Salad". A wild experience you (and your audience) will be talking about for a long, long time.

Best of luck!
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
The effect, if it really works as well as it's presented, totally baffled me.

It obviously doesn't. Otherwise why would they all be holding pens in the middle of a park.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Quote:
Hmmm, do the initials JR ring a bell? (No not John Riggs.)

Tony

Hope this wasn't implying I have some tie here...

No ideas what this is.

Jay Are
xxx
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-06-18 23:39, Jay Are wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm, do the initials JR ring a bell? (No not John Riggs.)

Tony

Hope this wasn't implying I have some tie here...

No ideas what this is.

Jay Are

No, I was referring to a member of the Royle family. But for reasons mentioned above by others, it is more than likely not him.

Tony
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Oh I feel like SUCH a noob. I wasn't watching closely last night and didn't even notice the pens.

Not only is the guy selling an idea you practically absorb in your first week or so studying mentalism, in order to do so he edits each performance he shows so he can get away with it.

Moral of the story: Never buy an effect based on a video, unless maybe it's from a TV show. Stick to effects by and/or endorsed by well-known (at least within the industry) performers.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I bought that. I was too eager to learn how Derren Brown and other people can perform this stuff on TV.

Amazing... No riffle forcing, no writing down, no pre-show, no editing...

This may well be the perfect xmas gift for some young kid I know who posts in this forum...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-06-19 12:22, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
I bought that. I was too eager to learn how Derren Brown and other people can perform this stuff on TV.

Amazing... No riffle forcing, no writing down, no pre-show, no editing...

This may well be the perfect xmas gift for some young kid I know who posts in this forum...

I will give you the benefit of doubt here and assume that you were referring to Eshla.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Sadly the method was given away even though his video was tampered with. What's funny is that he further confirmed my suspicion in his own ad text "No tearing, no palming, no switching anything" makes it painfully clear what he is referring to as far as "anything".

I did love the page though nice to see some work put into a page and video. XD His voice was terrible though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Revelation technique (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL