The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Revelation technique (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Can anyone contact Millard to verify this?
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1853 Posts

Profile of Prager
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Of course, Millard's generosity with those who will take by force what isn't offered freely is legendary.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
On the article one of the comments post a video of Xavier performing, which confirms his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qodt0BfVxdg
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Does anyone know if he can be contacted by emailing mevproshop?
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Just got a laugh reading the comment below Xavier's video: "wat were you doing?" Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Trying to get more detailed information. I agree, though, with what JohnWells posted. Particularly in view of the following from the anonymous poster "therevelationeffect."

Therevelation effect wrote:

Quote:
Firstly, full permission has been given by Millard Longman after viewing the entire video to teach and sell this instructional video and therefore has not been stolen.

The way I am reading this is that they are claiming permission was obtained AFTER the "instructional" video had already been produced.

It is also interesting to note that both Al Mann and Millard have both described the technique as being intended for professionals and advanced amateurs, while therevelationteffect's post states that the effect is designed for "beginners to intermediate."

That the effect is being marketed to the public via numerous affiliates is also telling, especially since Millard's own DVD is still being sold for $125 or so at the mevpro site.

Good thoughts,
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1853 Posts

Profile of Prager
Anyone knows where can we contact Millard?
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2850 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I've already done so. He asked for the link to this thread last night and I haven't heard back from him yet.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

So it is not lost in the morass of this thread- Millard's "Acidus" is, bar none, the epitome of peeks - one of the most versatile moves yet devised.

That's by I'm a bit disturbed about it's being marketed to the public by affiliate "squeeze" sites aimed at the "ellusionist kiddy crowd."

Good thoughts,

Bob
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
^^^^^^

What he said.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
The good Doctor speaks the truth.
Millard123
View Profile
Regular user
Millard Longman
170 Posts

Profile of Millard123
Hi guys,

First I would like to thank all of you for defending me and my creation!

Second I would like to thank Bob Cassidy for his kind words about Acidus Novus! I am so pleased that he likes it! Thank you very much, Bob!

Thirdly I apologize for being so late with this response; if not for my dear friend Bill Cushman, I might never have known this thread existed.

And finally here is the story as well as I remember it:

Sometime in May or June of 2010 I was contacted by a friend and told that someone had marketed a routine using Acidus Novus (AN) and wondered if I had authorized it. I replied that I knew nothing of the effect and had not authorized it. The matter seemed to drop off my radar and I subsequently forgot all about it. Since AN has been ripped off so often I have grown accustomed to the theft. I know how awful it must seem that I feel this way, but such is life.

I have published on various talk groups my requirements for approving the use of AN in another writer’s effect.

Briefly, here they are:

1) The writer must be the owner of record of my product as published by Loren Tindall: http://www.mevproshop.com/acidus-novus.html
2) The writer should merely give a link to my product for his customer to learn the details of the method
3) If there is a real need to actually teach my method in the new product, then the lower right corner peek as originally published in Al Mann’s Acidus Plus manuscript is all that can be taught
4) A link to my product must be placed in the writer’s new product

Now most writers would have almost nothing to write if they complied with item 2) above, so they all seem to feel the need to teach the method. This adds many pages to their text and many minutes to their videos. After all these years, it seems to me that all mentalists should know the basic lower right corner peek of AN already!

Some writers actually comply with my request, while others say they will, but then do not!

I have given many writers permission to use AN – and in a few cases, Bill Cushman in particular, I have provided the explanation myself. I even gave Bill a video to use in his product.

I also gave a unique routine using AN – and the right to explain the method – to Elliott Bresler. He published it in his ever-growing-larger book on billets. (Elliott’s book is the definitive guide to billets and the deal of the century – every one of you guys should own his book!)

So back to Revelation – in November of 2010, I was contacted by Michael Vinci (the author of Revelation) via my publisher Loren Tindall to ask for my permission to publish. Loren and I discussed it at length and decided that being the nice guy that I am (and considering that he had already been selling it for several months) I did give him permission!

He also agreed to give every customer a link to my product. I have no knowledge of whether he has done so, but I tend to trust people when they tell me they will do something as simple as that.

I hope that this clears up any questions you guys have about my role in Revelation.

As far as my being a nice guy – I do try to be one, but if someone rips off my Acidus Globus method – well then I will try very hard to become the nastiest guy on Earth to that person!

BTW, my email address is millard@psychic-skills.com if you wish to contact me personally.

Millard Longman
Readings and Healings

Please see all my products at http://www.mevproshop.com

PS Here are some thoughts from my friend and publisher, Loren Tindall:

“As I said in our phone conversation the other day, I've always thought that giving someone the right to divulge the AN method should be based on whether or not that person was bringing something new to the table, as Bill Cushman did with his original presentation.

In reviewing Michael Vinci's presentation, however, I see absolutely nothing new or creative being added to the original AN as published by Al Mann. In fact, to have someone write down their thought and then simply reveal that thought, there is a higher likelihood that there will be more heat on the billet as the spectator tries to deconstruct the procedure later. As valuable as the additional corner peek handlings in the Pro Shop edition of AN are, I think the numerous professional presentations by world-class performers are what really make it worth the premium price, since the presentation is ultimately what will elevate AN from a simple magic trick to something truly meaningful.

To add insult to the injury of having someone sell AN with no more creative effort than renaming it "The Revelation", there is the issue of the ridiculously low price being charged for it. If Michael Vinci's affiliate marketing is in any way successful, it shouldn't be too long before the AN method is standard fare in children's books on magic, and balloon twisters drop the mind-reading portion of their act because all the kids shout, "I know how that's done -- I read it on the back of a cereal box!"

And for me, I think that's what I find most troubling about this whole situation -- whether this is a case of yet another rip-off, or merely the effort of someone completely devoid of creative thought, in the final analysis, I mourn the passing of a beautiful technique that has served me and countless others for many, many years.”

And BTW, Loren is an even nicer guy than I am!

M
Millard Longman

See all my products at:
www.mevproshop.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Millard-

Thanks for the clarification. As I suspected, they only asked your permission AFTER they had already been selling the effect.

You are WAY too nice a guy. For the record I agree totally with Loren on the subject.

I think everyone can now arrive at an informed decision regarding the ethics of the "creators" of the "Revelation Effect."

Good thoughts,

Bob
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
Hi Everyone,

I am extremely unhappy that my name has been used in this thread as I am often confused with another Xavier back home. My name is Xavier Moody and the other magician is Xavier de Soul.

Please check out my youtube videos to confirm my identity. My user name on youtube "xavier21magic".

Xavier was my friend until I found out he had pretty much stole my entire act.

I am even more upset that he has got my name and reputation linked with stealing other magicians effects.

If you need a background check, please ask Dave Lord, Mark Parker, John Taylor as they will confirm I do not rip off magicians or their effects.

Thank you Dave for supporting me and my magic.

You are a true friend.
tristanarcinue
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of tristanarcinue
This is the first time I've seen his ad and was thinking the only way to do this with no switch, tear, gimmick would be a peek and at the same time what if it was not a peek, have I stumbled into a mentalism treasure? (Acidus Novus IS a treasure in its own right, and I have been using it in my performance. Thank you mr Millard) Luckiliy I checked the Café before flashing my credit card, thanks guys Smile
jimlad1066
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jimlad1066
For your information, the sales pitch seems to be back. I was emailed by one James Propst, email address info@magicalapparatus.com, offering this Revelation Effect, described as "this new trick going around the internet", with a link to website https://therevelationeffect.com/home?hop=timmerrit.

Sounds very much like the same Aussie video, and the same sales pitch, but no mention of Millard Longman or 'Acidus Novus'. So much for intellectual property ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Revelation technique (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL