The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Your Best Performance on Stage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
RobertTemple
View Profile
Regular user
Newcastle, UK
174 Posts

Profile of RobertTemple
This has become a very interesting thread, although I'm just joining it now after a few days away from this place.

I agree with Danny implicitly that for me, as a professional, there is very little in the way of an 'outstanding show'... because its my job to turn EVERY show into an outstanding show for the audience. But for me, it was just another Friday night show.

However, in request to Doc Regal's post on Page 1, I'm willing to be the first to throw myself to the lions and present some footage from a recent show. And I'll accept any criticism that may come hurling.

I'll preface this by saying that I've performed my show for over 6 years now in 7 countries and hypnotized thousands of people and this IS my full time income.

1. This is the 60-second trailer/montage from my DVD:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1gbZt0-x74

2. Here's a short clip from a recent University show in Wales, UK: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0513mGWea8

3. Here are three clips taken from a show I performed on Friday night in Scotland:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INS6OqCw6zs
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rqPKKAbMJg
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gL5oPRT-_E

And the results? Well, people do things like this:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpvsC4tEhCU

Of course I should also point out that I GENERALLY play my branding as the most outrageous hypnotist who doesn't give a sh*t what occurs, will make anyone do anything and just doesn't care.

Whether you agree with that or not is up to you.. but it works for me, keeps me gigging, pays my bills and allows me to live a lifestyle that most people can't.. all by the age of 23 (It's my 23rd birthday in 2 weeks).

Enjoy..
R.
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
You appear to be enthusiastically entertaining your audience, Robert. Well done! Thanks for stepping forward with your work. Your confidence is clearly visible, considering the explicit nature of some of the material you choose to present on stage. Do you find that outlandish props are important to use as an entertainer? Have you always had them in your performances? What inspired you to do shows like this?
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Todd Robbins? Isn't he that left wing liberal that is divorcing Susan Sarandon??
RobertTemple
View Profile
Regular user
Newcastle, UK
174 Posts

Profile of RobertTemple
Doc, many thanks for the kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Personally, I think props are great but its the performer who brings the use of them to life.

Props or no props, a terrible performer will always be terrible and a good performer will always be good.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
You have great stage energy and presence Robert. Plus you Euros have a cool accent. Smile -Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
RobertTemple
View Profile
Regular user
Newcastle, UK
174 Posts

Profile of RobertTemple
Thanks Shane.. I'll take credit for the first part but the second half I can take no credit for, LOL!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yes.

Quote:
On 2010-06-23 16:52, Rotten wrote:
Todd Robbins? Isn't he that left wing liberal that is divorcing Susan Sarandon??
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
Wonderful to have your participation in this thread, Todd. Your high ranking status must have at least one amazing story you can share. Please honor us with that. Thanks for your encouragements!
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
Quote:
On 2010-06-27 22:35, Doc Regal wrote:
Wonderful to have your participation in this thread, Todd. Your high ranking status must have at least one amazing story you can share. Please honor us with that. Thanks for your encouragements!

Yeah, Todd, tell us about being married to a Hollywood star and how it helped or hindered your career...and how you got Susan to call you "Tim." ;-)
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

I took a moment to examine Doc Regal's website. I find that he's an NGH Certified Trainer with his own school. He sells his training for $6450 per student and yet he comes to this forum and expects to be handed information because he asked. You have to admire that kind of nerve.

MindPunisher wrote an excellent and highly informative post that was one of the best I’ve read on the Magic Café. Mr. Regal, You should go back and read it again and if you don’t understand what he said, read it again until you get it.
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Let me correct that. The post was by MindPro not MindPunisher. I got my "Minds" mixed up. It's been a long day. ;-)
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am sorry for dragging Todd into this. It was simply the conversation we had is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
Mindpro's perspective is indeed at one extreme. I am at the other. As a teacher, I reveal what others conceal. That is what trainers do. We teach the art of hypnosis. I instruct my students: what is hypnosis, what it is not and what are its benefits. Master level training is for hypnotherapists who learn how it works and at the elite level, why it does. I have studied metaphysical arts and sciences for over 40 years, so my skill set is a tad beyond novice. In addition, I do appreciate what others feel comfortable sharing. I am not twisting anyones arm. Perhaps my words are bending the egos of a few who post here though. Realize, however, that pride of ownership is not being "mindful" in my book.
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-06-28 11:10, Doc Regal wrote:
Mindpro's perspective is indeed at one extreme. I am at the other. As a teacher, I reveal what others conceal. That is what trainers do. We teach the art of hypnosis. I instruct my students: what is hypnosis, what it is not and what are its benefits. Master level training is for hypnotherapists who learn how it works and at the elite level, why it does. I have studied metaphysical arts and sciences for over 40 years, so my skill set is a tad beyond novice. In addition, I do appreciate what others feel comfortable sharing. I am not twisting anyones arm. Perhaps my words are bending the egos of a few who post here though. Realize, however, that pride of ownership is not being "mindful" in my book.

While you sound noble as a "teacher" you "reveal" for a price.

Here you're asking people to reveal for free, to give you the results of decades of experience for nothing...because you feel entitled and use manipulative language which is easily recognized for what it is.

You obviously see your knowledge as having high value. Were I to walk into your office and ask you for your insights into what makes you a better therapist you would almost certainly want to charge me for that knowledge because it gives you a competitive edge over your competition. You're doing much the same here only with something you value less because you want it handed to you as you don't seem willing to invest the time, energy, and money that others have to become educated in their business.
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
While you sound noble as a "teacher" you "reveal" for a price.
-----------------
I charge for my time to share my expertise.
-----------------
Here you're asking people to reveal for free, to give you the results of decades of experience for nothing...because you feel entitled and use manipulative language which is easily recognized for what it is.
----------------
Share a part of your success, not your life story. i.e. a sample to entice, inspire, lead and perhaps redirect.
----------------
You obviously see your knowledge as having high value. Were I to walk into your office and ask you for your insights into what makes you a better therapist you would almost certainly want to charge me for that knowledge because it gives you a competitive edge over your competition. You're doing much the same here only with something you value less because you want it handed to you as you don't seem willing to invest the time, energy, and money that others have to become educated in their business.
----------------
Samples are given in all industries. Usually, they are the real McCoy, not second best, in order to make the sale. I and others are willing to pay for training. You have something worth sharing, then give us a demo of it, David. But, please stop blathering.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea this has been fun. My guess is that he is used to manipulating people and thought we would fall for it. Then tried to goad is into it as if we were children on the playground, now tries to act superior as some sort of guru or whatever. It is a laughable pattern. Yes he reveals for a price plain and simple.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
Danny, what is fun for you is somewhat disturbing. You have to have an abundance of talent to be a successful performer. One show is hardly asking for much. I am shocked that you dally rather than post. As you can see only one member here in this forum was able to oblige and satisfy my request without grumping or complaining. He is a pro in my book. Fear is obviously a concern of yours and a few others. Maybe someone else will follow up with another meaningful contribution. Thanks for trying to be the leader. I just cannot follow your approach though.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
So someone is a pro " in your book" so long as they give you (Doc) free material? Which book is that? Wizard of Oz?

You come across as distinctly creepy.

If you want to see endless clips do a search on youtube. You can stay up all night with a pen and pad and get ideas for free. There are also many links to clips posted on this forum already.
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
" Mind Punisher" this is a voluntary request. If you have nothing more to offer of substance or value to this thread then it is best to not be obstinate and display obeisant behavior for this craft instead of ignorance.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Sounds like our Doc also has an agenda as I referred to in another post. I was only trying to provide you with a better understanding of perspectives. Excuse me for not understanding you "elite level". It's a shame you are not accepting some of the advice and information offered from such pros as David and Danny. It's seems to be a more common occurrence here lately at the Café of someone asking questions or advice and then not liking or being accceptive of the info or answers offered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Your Best Performance on Stage (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL