The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Your Best Performance on Stage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He also can't seem to figure out that what we are or are not in "his book" means quite little.

Odd how a huge percentage of his posts are on this thread asking for free things, while offering zip in return.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10137 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I believe he must be from the Jonanthan Royle camp.
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
Perhaps those who have nothing further to add with any substance can stop posing as losers and step aside for a few days. Those who choose pestilent and obnoxious behavior as their modus operandi are tiresome and immature. Get a life already and find another thread to lean on. You have already stated your issues and concerns. Get a grip and realize that it's your responsibility to heal them. Whining about your failures in life will get you nowhere fast.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That should bring a FLOOD of people to your cause LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10137 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Nothing like a newbie with 19 posts coming on here and A.) asking for free information (the best stuff), B.) not appreciating or willing to accept the great advice that's been given to him FREE, and C.) has the audacity call (those trying to help him) regular and longtime members "losers with obnoxious behavior", and with his "elite" status thinks he can determine who adds "any substance" to this forum, and then thinks he can tell them to "step aside for a few days".

Remember it was YOU that came storming in here exclaiming "I PERSONALLY AM LOOKING FOR DATA, FACTS, IDEAS AND OTHER HELPFUL INFO", from "Your Best Performance."

Real class act, maybe you should take your own advice and if "the posters here are not impressing me at all" maybe it's you that should step aside.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
I figured it out!! Mindpunisher is acting like Doc Regal to get all our secrets!! MP you crazy nut!! All you had to do was just ask.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
Yes..."obeisant"...take that. I'm sure you've wounded Mindpunisher to the quick with that rapier-like response.

What a hoot.

Doc, you still don't understand that you're not playing with needy people on this thread. The guys here are all long-time working pros who know their stuff. Your transparent and rather childish attempts at manipulation simply won't work.

Since you're not getting what you want you go from "demanding" and "entitled" to "arrogant" and "petulant" in one short step. I guess that 40 years of study you're so proud of hasn't taught you basic human decency, common courtesy, respect for others, and how to "play nice."
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
Understanding need not be something beyond simple comprehension of text.

obeisance |ōˈbāsəns; ōˈbē-|
noun
deferential respect : they paid obeisance to the prince. See note at honor.
• a gesture expressing deferential respect, such as a bow or curtsy : she made a deep obeisance.
DERIVATIVES
obeisant |ōˈbāsənt |adjective
ORIGIN late Middle English (in the sense [obedience] ): from Old French obeissance, from obeissant ‘obeying,’ present participle of obeir.

If other words are not self-evident, then I suggest referring to a dictionary.
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-06-28 23:27, Doc Regal wrote:
Understanding need not be something beyond simple comprehension of text.

obeisance |ôˈbâsəns; ôˈbç-|
noun
deferential respect : they paid obeisance to the prince. See note at honor.
• a gesture expressing deferential respect, such as a bow or curtsy : she made a deep obeisance.
DERIVATIVES
obeisant |ôˈbâsənt |adjective
ORIGIN late Middle English (in the sense [obedience] ): from Old French obeissance, from obeissant ‘obeying,’ present participle of obeir.

If other words are not self-evident, then I suggest referring to a dictionary.

If that is what you think you deserve then you should look up ""Noblesse oblige."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20539 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Or "North end of a South bound horse".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
David, since you appear to be one of the more intelligent of this lot, I urge you to review this thread "in its entirety" and let "us" know how these "conclusions" got inferred. If any dissenters can be accurately identified, then explain your reasoning why if not how. From my POV this feedback so far is almost as driveling as IM posting, yet I am eager to give you a shot.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Yawn!

You know how to really contribute and bring something of value to a forum Doc eh?
Seriously I don't think entertainment is your thing. I think you should stick to simple stop smoking programmes and weight loss groups. And keep away from complex problems since you might have to communicate with your clients.

I think you would be wasting your time and money pursueing stage work. Last thing the industry needs is another incompetent performer with no personality.

On the other hand have you ever thought about swallowing razor blades? That might work.
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-06-29 09:55, Doc Regal wrote:
David, since you appear to be one of the more intelligent of this lot, I urge you to review this thread "in its entirety" and let "us" know how these "conclusions" got inferred. If any dissenters can be accurately identified, then explain your reasoning why if not how. From my POV this feedback so far is almost as driveling as IM posting, yet I am eager to give you a shot.

Well, smart enough to see that you manage to come across as pandering and condescending simultaneously.
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
Thanks again for this mystical enlightenment. It's good to know that many who regularly post here in actuality show no merit. Then again I may be surprised, because there may be other contributors who want to demonstrate their ability to influence.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well you certainly have little ability to influence for sure. I don't think any merit coming from you would have any credibility. "mystical enlightenment?" you can't even see when someone is being straight to the point. Perhaps you should leave now while your behind and lurk for a while. You might find something useful or of value.

But somehow I doubt whether you would recognise it. However there is lots of valuable stuff here if you take the time to search for it.

No I don't know what your expectations were before coming here but they obviously don't match reality. So take the feedback and alter your attitude. And you might get some value from here. Sorry about the lack of mystical enlightment. But sometimes reality is more useful.
Doc Regal
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Doc Regal
I am moderately pleased so far with the nuggets of wisdom shared in obtuse ways, MP, and eager to experience a bit more that is practical and applicable to stage work. Calming down is a natural and effortless skill that is taught in most hypno 101 course training, so that is expected to take effect soon. In the meantime, I look forward to offering a few more lessons before this fraternal "hazing" subsides.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10137 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I am quite confident that it won't be long before the good "doctor" has a high ticket stage hypnosis course or seminar claiming to be an "Elite" Stage Hypnosis Master Guru, which of course will be a compilation of rehashed material and any pieces of info he can obtain here and from other such sources. All of his activity and supposed interest here is simply "research" for his upcoming project or venture. We have seen it done dozens of times before and can easily spot these guys a mile away. And of course the works will include his misperceived views of his adventures here and gross mis-generalizations about the entire stage hypnosis community. Mark my words...stay tuned.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Since I am new here as well and act more reasonable, can you guys tell ME all the secrets? No?!?! Guess I will just to make it up as I go along. "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, just baffle them with BS". <---- Quoted by the great Shanezini Mastersonia...the greatest hypnotist in the world....or within a 2 foot circle of wherever his butt is physically located.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2909 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I've been dragged into (and out of) worse places.

Quote:
On 2010-06-28 08:17, Dannydoyle wrote:
I am sorry for dragging Todd into this. It was simply the conversation we had is all.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2909 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I do have people ask me if I am related to Tim Robbins. I tell them "no" and follow it up with this line, "But I get that a lot. As a matter of fact, Susan Sarandon once said to me, 'You remind me of Tim' and I just told her to roll over and go back to sleep." Even when I tell people I am no relation to Tim, some will not believe it. Some time ago I was working on a TV show in Vegas and when I checked into the hotel they had somehow gotten a note into the reservation that I was Tim's brother. When asked about this I told them that I was no relation. The desk clerk just smiled a knowing smile, said "I understand" and then comped everthing for the week I was there. It's good to have a famous brother, even if you don't

Quote:
On 2010-06-27 22:49, David Alexander wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-06-27 22:35, Doc Regal wrote:
Wonderful to have your participation in this thread, Todd. Your high ranking status must have at least one amazing story you can share. Please honor us with that. Thanks for your encouragements!

Yeah, Todd, tell us about being married to a Hollywood star and how it helped or hindered your career...and how you got Susan to call you "Tim." ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Your Best Performance on Stage (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL