The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy's Jazz Q&A (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Jeremy has asked me to let you know that the DVD set for the Seattle Q and A workshop held earlier this year is now ready. Please PM or contact him at jeremysweiss@yahoo.com him for details.

The set is:

The set is:
Day 1: 1-4
Day 2: 1-5
Day 3: 1-3

12 disks!

Good thoughts,

Bob
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Bob
Is this for only participants, or is it available for purchase?

Cheers
Frank
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

This is for those who registered for the workshop. They should be available for purchase sometime soon. Jeremy will keep you posted.

Bob
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Thanks Bob

Looking forward to it.

Cheers
Frank
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
#%!%$, Bob!

Why'dja say anything? There are only 14 sets left.
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Just finished talking to Jeremy. The 14 DVD set of my Q and A workshop is now available for purchase. Contact Jeremy at theshockdoc@gmail.com for details, ordering information and to take advantage of special limited time only discount.

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
I just received the DVDs and wanted to say the quality is excellent! Will prove to be an invaluable and the most extensive resource dealing with Q&A available. Highly recommended!

Bobby
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2010-11-19 00:21, mastermindreader wrote:
Just finished talking to Jeremy. The 14 DVD set of my Q and A workshop is now available for purchase. Contact Jeremy at theshockdoc@gmail.com for details, ordering information and to take advantage of special limited time only discount.

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy

14 DVD!
Epic Smile
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
I have to correct myself, not 14...12 DVDs. But more material than anyone can shake a stick at.....plus the nearly 70 page workbook.

For those of you consideing it, it is cheap compared to those $30 one trick DVDs. This is hours and hours of material folks. Much more in depth than the high-production-value-in-front-of-fake-audience set (not that I haven't purchased every one of those too, they have their place--this is just different! Super in depth..)

Ben Harris was nice enough to forward me a graphic for the DVD cases, which looks super cool. (Thanks Ben!). I just haven't had time to forward it to the purchasers, yet.

Torkova, I heard that your QA in your show went well. There can be no greater reward for me. I am sure Cassidy feels the same way.

Jeremy
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Bobby-

Glad you are finding the DVDs useful. Once again I'd like to thank you for your wonderful contributions to both of my workshops.

Best-

Bob
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
I am getting the same inquiry over and over, so I will respond here: Total time on the 12 discs is about 14 hours.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
192 Posts

Profile of Torkova
Bob

My pleasure. However in full disclosure, my lecture on Foster and Reese is not on the DVDs in case anybody might think it is.

Bobby
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Ok. I am getting overwhelmed. Hang on. I will answer everyone's inquiries later today. There are only a few of this set left. I am going in order.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

For those who have asked about it, yes, the 70 page Q&A Workshop notes are included with the 12 DVD set.

Best-

Bob
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Just in from JulieAnn Johnson:

"I was not able to attend Bob Cassidy's Jazz Mentalism Workshop on April 23rd, 24th, and 25th 2010 in Seattle, Washington, but Jeremy Weiss, who co-organized the event with Bob, did make a limited number of DVDs of the three-day presentation available, and I received a set of the DVDs and would like to review them here.

First: packaging: My DVDs arrived in individual jewel-box cases, which had been placed loose in a padded mailer. Not good: more than half of the cases had cracked and shattered by the time the USPS was through with them, and the plastic fragments also made a big scratch on one of the disks, causing some playing problems.

========================================

Side note: This is the fourth time I have ordered a limited edition item from someone I know through MP, in which insufficient packaging resulted in breakage, damage, or loss.

Christo Noelle sent me a big, beautiful, handmade, gorgeous OM billet box from England wrapped in one thin layer of two-ply cardboard and one corner was crushed. It cannot be repaired.

John Riggs gaffed a special palmistry journal book for me (and did a beautiful job) then, instead of returning it in the stiff mailer I had sent it to him, he put it into a padded mailer within a larger padded mailer. The cover, which is cast resin, cracked in half. I had to buy a second Journal and rebuild it all with his gaff in it.

Dennis Perez sent me a copy of his wonderful tarot pitch book, personally inscribed, loose in an envelope, and the corner was bent back and creased at a 45 degree angle.

And now Jeremy used a padded mailer and a shower of broken plastic fell out when I opened the seal.

Guys -- PACK YOUR ITEMS CORRECTLY. I get better packing from random folks at ebay than I do from my friends at MP. Bill Cunningham actually knows how to pack, by the way -- but he is an old hand at ebay too.

========================================

Okay, back to the DVDs:

First off, I already love Bob Cassidy's mentalism and have several of his books and ebooks, so I was extremely excited to see his presentation at the workshop. I got everything I was hoping for and more. The DVDs came with a printed work-book in a 3-ring binder, and the filming, though rather casual, to say the least, was clear, clean, and crisp. I really felt like I was in the room.

The material covered ranged widely through time and space, as we would expect from Bob.

He outlined the structure of a Jazz Mentalism style act,with comparisons to, and contrasts with, stand-up, jazz music, and historical acts, including the formal structure of a Q&A act.

He presented a lengthy exegesis on billets and envelopes, which sequed into and out of an equally fascinating lecture on impromptu impression devices of a dozen kinds, and more steals, center tears, and peeks than any one person ought to know, lest his head explode.

This steals, center tears, and peeks portion of the workshop was spectacular, as Bob ripped through one variation after another, naming the people who had devised the techniques, repeating points of presentation if asked, presenting his own improvements and variations on handling, and then rapidly moving on to the next peek or tear or billet handling, and the next, and the next, and the next. I actually lost count of how many ideas he ran through.

It was amazing to watch -- almost a complete download of his brain. (I say "almost," because suddenly, on day 3, he was asked a question about an envelope peek that he had once partially described at a long-ago Mindvention -- and that led him to present four or five different and further envelope techniques out of the clear blue.)

The centerpiece of the workshop was the fabled clear plexiglas box on a plain table, and involved demonstrations of historical, highly novel, and never-before-seen-anywhere variations on how to peek and steal from this box. Bob had me fooled, he had his audience of professional performers fooled, and he just went from one variation to the next like a cascading waterfall of techniques. It was stunning.

Then Jeremy gave the background to the plexiglas box, which was the central prop in his own first Q&A act, which Bob had helped him routine, The act, which they called "Fool the Guesser," was very good and actually could be sold as a routine in and of itself.

Some of the participants bravely allowed themselves to be filmed doing switches and Q&A, then we got to watch and listen as Bob critiqued their work on camera. Some participants apparently did not want themselves filmed -- one had a pixelated face, and others were named and we were told that their turn would be up next, but there was no footage showing their acts -- which was, of course understandable, as they had paid to study with Bob, not to have us watch them learning.

Bob has a prodigious memory for the history of ... everything. At one point he took off on a long rampage about second sight and blindfold acts; at another point he revealed some variations in his Russian Roulette act; he went into pocket writing and nail writers. He told us about his tattoos (not frivolously -- one was used for a stolen word reveal!). He digressed about occultism, Aleister Crowley, Wicca, and tarot; he digressed mightily and to great effect about cold reading, Herb Dewey, and Thomas Saville. This was all of interest to me, and although it was a bit unexpected in a seminar or master's course about billet-switches, center-tears, and Q&A, it was excellent material in its own right, and demonstrated the breadth of his knowledge.

Other fun points for me included watching Bob pull off a quick Bill Murray impression (there is a physical resemblance between the two) and also seeing his evocation of "Mr. Memory" from Alfred Hitchcock's "The 39 Steps." He talked about the development of persona, the qualities that make for a naturalistic act, and several ways to close -- and NOT to close -- a show. In other words -- it was pure Jazz Cassidy.

I am not sure if any these DVDs are still for sale or what the price is -- as I said, mine came by way of a complex trade-in-kind for some goodies I had. If they are being sold, I ought to mention one oddity, though -- the final two discs contained portions of sections of other discs, as well as unique material. I don't think anything was missing (I hope!) but I got the Aleister Crowley and the cold reading portions twice, right after a section in which a demonstration by Chris was spoken of, but not seen in my copy of the material. (However, as I noted above, this may not have been filmed or it may have not been approved for distribution.)

All in all, this was a wonderful week's entertainment for me, and I learned a LOT. There was one super-smooth peek-tear in particular that I am now working on that really opened my eyes to a new way of center-tearing.

If this material is for sale, Jeremy Weiss will be the one to contact. I assume it is VERY limited in distribution. If you have to kiss Bob and Jeremy's toes to get it, go ahead -- it'll be worth it."
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

For the record-

Jeremy listened to Julieann's advice and is packing the disks securely.

If you'd like a set contact Jeremy for info.

Good thoughts,

Bob
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Yes, yes. My response was:

"Naturally....the one part of the seminar I had to handle (the shipping) was lousy. Dammit. It's like trying to be thin, standing next to the fat guy.

I don't know why Bob hasn't purchased a shirt that says, "I'm with stupid" to wear when we hang out.

Ok, thanks for the critique/review. I am glad the content was worth it. JulieAnn, I will send you new jewel cases if you like.

....and I have learned my lesson....mega-packing going forward."
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
This is a jaw-dropping set. As noted above, this is really like downloading parts of Bob's brain--and boy, it churns with insight, nuance, and wisdom.

Thank you Bob. Thank you Jeremy.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
I'm in!
Sounds incredible...!
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Stop downloading my brain!! It's undergoing a Denial of Service attack!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cassidy's Jazz Q&A (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL