The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » David Affieri's - Thriller Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tavish01
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of tavish01
Hi People:

My name is David Affieri, I have a Television prrogram here in México and I invented a Trick on 1993 and today, I made some chapters of my program "Entre Calles" using this trick.

You can check the trick at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYV_SZDruM and it's called "David Affieri's - Thriller Trick". It's a little bit dangerous and people who are requesting to make a DVD with them are telling me it's dangerous but, super funny Smile

David Affieri
http://www.youtube.com/entrecalles
http://www.davidaffieri.com
facebook: David Affieri
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
David...what the hell was that?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
David, the idea is fantastic, but the video does not show the change AT ALL--I would love to see it in close-up, if it is for real--?
Skylippo
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Skylippo
Wow. David, you need better lighting but that is freaky. You should get some of those retractable vampire fangs for your next promo vid.
tavish01
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of tavish01
Yes, I'm sorry, unfortunately, I made the recording IN DOORS, I need to upload the clip form my TV program when I made a performance of the trick Smile
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Nothing less than freaky. There is a market for this effect.

Personally, I'm guessing that my eye doctor would frown upon the method for somebody with my specific eye condition, but I'm also being encouraged to not start wearing contact lenses for any reason.

That being said, I know some people obsessed with changing the look of their eyes as a part of their costume or character, and this is something that they would pay to be able to do.

Chris
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Go bald...wear a wig or shave head
Loose your teeth..get dentures
P*ss about with your eyes.......forget it

Mark
E.O.I
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
David, is the title 'Thriller' an homage to the Michael Jackson eye transformation ib his music video? Contacts are available in a variety of colors and even animal eyes, i.e. snakes and cats. If worn under the lids and the eye rolled to reseat the new color, there is the danger id scratching the iris, I do not know this or a fact, but I believe the WWE star known as The undertaker, uses the white lens to good advantage. It looks very eerie.
Good luck with this product and your method.

Kotah
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Nope, the Undertaker just rolls his eyes in the back of his head for a moment - no contacts. Sorry, I'm a bit of a wrestling geek...
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Chad, that's good to know. who do you favor for the fatal four way?

Kotah
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Quote:
On 2010-06-20 21:36, KOTAH wrote:
Chad, that's good to know. who do you favor for the fatal four way?

Kotah

I'm not sure, but for the Smackdown 4-way - Kane will definitely make an appearance and effect the outcome in some way(He is my all-time favorite wrestler by the way) and for the Raw 4-way I wouldn't be surprised to see the NXT rookies make an appearance and effect that outcome.

But if I had to make a prediction - Swagger retains the title, and while my gut says that Cena retains...I'm going with the Viper Randy Orton to be the new champ on the Raw side.

Now then, back on topic so all the nonwrestling folks will be happy. I'm going to read updates of the pay per view!

Chad
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Chad, the UNdertaker is my all time favorite westler. I also like The Big Show and Mysterio. All are classic almost iconic personas. Swagger is a real piece of work. Brilliant actually. Using the same personality and mind techniques to get the audience to hate him, just the way Gorgeous George used psycology, pioneered it in the 50's

I've enjoyed this brief exchange CHad, thanks for sharing.

You're right, I Shall move on, before I tick somebody off

KOtah
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Quote:
On 2010-06-21 08:55, KOTAH wrote:
Chad, the UNdertaker is my all time favorite westler. I also like The Big Show and Mysterio. All are classic almost iconic personas. Swagger is a real piece of work. Brilliant actually. Using the same personality and mind techniques to get the audience to hate him, just the way Gorgeous George used psycology, pioneered it in the 50's

I've enjoyed this brief exchange CHad, thanks for sharing.

You're right, I Shall move on, before I tick somebody off

KOtah

We should continue this conversation elsewhere. I find wrestling fascinating as a long time fan and from the perspective of a magi. As you mentioned - I enjoy watching how they manipulate a crowd with a few simple words, an expression at just the right moment, a pause in just the right place - all in a live performance in front of thousands of people. Besides Swagger, Jericho, HBK, and The Miz are all great at having the crowd either love or hate them depending on the storyline.

And then there is the Undertaker - the one who has outlasted wrestlers from every era and is able to come out and entertain the fans to the point that they willingly suspend their disbelief and invest in the character that he has fine tuned over the last few decades. Yes, there is much to be learned from observing those in the squared circle.

Alas, again I am side tracked.

The eye trick is very neat - I wish we could see it up close and slower!
Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
I saw a dude on Halloween on the A train as I was on his way to the Greenwich Village parade who
Caught my eye (I was in costume), he flicked his eyes to vampire white.
I nodded at him and took a pull from my flask.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » David Affieri's - Thriller Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL