The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sword through neck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Does anyone know where I can buy a sword trough neck illusion? I want it to go like you balance all of your weight on the point of a sword....everything is going perfect for a few seconds then something goes terribly wrong and the swords impales your throat. I think that would be sweet! Blood flying everywhere! hahah lol. Anyway does anyone know where I could get something like this?
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Check out Dexion's performance on World's Greatest Magic 4. It's pretty much exactly as you describe (w/o blood). This was custom made for them.

The problem with typical sword thru neck is the "stability" of the sword. This can be a problem even if your not planning what you are. Anything like this would have to be made custom made (think Impaled) for the user, plus you would be copying another's original effect. Sorry.
Smile
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Abbott's Magic Company in Colon, Michigan still sells it, I believe.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Hexagon
View Profile
Regular user
London
198 Posts

Profile of Hexagon
Check out 'Magic Stage Illusions, Special Effects and Trick Photography' edited by Albert A. Hopkins. It's got a nice illusion that could be modified.
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Go to http://www.maggievalleymagic.com . They might not have it on the website but all you have to do is call them. It is around $120. Tell them Tyler sent you.

-Tyler
Matthew the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, California
27 Posts

Profile of Matthew the Magnificent
Just a bit of a 'wet blanket'. It seems to me like AT THE MOMENT such effects are going to cause an audience to POSSIBLY be reminded of the actual 'head choppings' in the Middle East. May not be the wisest effects for the time being. Smile
Many years & Many experiences in Magic and Related Arts
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Or...that might be to the advantage of the performer, having a timely factor in the public consciousness. It could even be performed as a "protest" to the barbaric activities of terrorists in Iraq.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sword through neck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL