The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Wholesale fuzzles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
First I'd like to thank you all for all your great advice and wisdom, I have decided to start pitching Svengali's and Worms. I have my first batch of Svengalis coming.

Can anyone tell me the best place wholesale Worms?

I found:
http://www.magicfuzzle.com/wholesale.html

But people are talking 60cents - 75cents. I am struggling to find worms at that price. Also I am happy to pay extra for quality worms. I do not want to pitch trash.

Thanks for any advice, Tony
Magic-Sam
View Profile
New user
Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Magic-Sam
I buy my worms at http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sear......&CatId=0 they all seem to be really good quality!
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Sam,
There seems to be several places selling the same worm. Do the worms you buy come in the packages like the Squirmle? Is yours shipped from China to you or do you get 'em from a store in the US?

Don has mentioned several times that there are "good" worms and some not so good. It'd be sad to get 250 worms and have them NOT work. Which one of the suppliers on that page do you recommend?

Thanx
Jon
sideshowsam
View Profile
New user
I see you staring at my
86 Posts

Profile of sideshowsam
Sam,

Do these worms come pre-threaded and does the packaging look nice & consistant?

./sam
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Thanks magic-sam. I have pretty much the same questions as sideshow sam. thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction.

Tony
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Guy's I have told you before,do a search http://www.toysontv.com This is the good worm in a good package and pretied. Be sure to tell who ever answers you are a pitchman and don't own a store as Carl has different wholesale prices.

I'm in Ocean City Md.watching all my busker friends....

Don
sideshowsam
View Profile
New user
I see you staring at my
86 Posts

Profile of sideshowsam
Hey guys and gals,

I was in walmart earlier tonight and look what I found in the check out line:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/T51......rectlink

I'm used to seeing Squirmles at walmart...no big deal even the ones with Carl's picture on them, but these have BABIES! Holy Schnikes - that is Awesome...can you imagine all the little ankle bitters when they see momma and baby...sounds like a Sawbuck to me Smile

take care everyone - have a great weekend

./sam
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Guys,
I have been recommended by two people to use Carl's Squirmles. I have reached out to him a number of times via e-mail. Dropped some names ;-) but no reply. Now I am not expecting next day, but I am wondering how do I get through to Carl, he is obviously very busy.

Can any one PM me a telephone number perhaps?

TIA

Tony
sideshowsam
View Profile
New user
I see you staring at my
86 Posts

Profile of sideshowsam
Tony,

Just go to the website Don quoted above and call the number - anyone who answers will be more than happy to help you - I've talked to at least 4 people there and all are most helpful - I got my squirmle shipment in 2 days. Good luck Tony.

./sam
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
WalMart can display 10,000 of these in their checkout lines and sell them at retail for less than you can buy them wholesale. But they won't sell very many unless they are pitched properly. Unless people see the worms in action, they have no idea what they are or what they can do.

I know a guy who set up a Magic Worm display on a busy seaside boardwalk. It was a pegboard with about six dozen worms on it. At mid-season, the worms were actually dusty -- they hadn't sold! Without a pitch, those worms weren't worth two cents. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Good Advice Seth!

ROD
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
OH! pick the phone up Duh!

Sometimes I have the dumbest mind blocks..

Thanks. I'll call them Monday.

Tony
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
I second what Seth said. 7 Elevens had them on display at the counter a few months back. I haven't seen them since. I'm sure if they were selling they'd still be there next to the Slim Jims.
Has anyone tried selling squirmels in a strolling situation? Wear several squirmels displayed in a row along suspenders or clipped to your shirt and just walk around demonstrating and pitching? You could hit all the good tourist traps and beaches without paying a dime for the space. Even a NY subway train or station. I'm not saying I'd do it but I've been hit up for money in a subway for nothing. All he did was make an announcement that he needs help and would appreciate any spare change. He walked up the aisle with hand out and right into the next train car. Don, while in NYC did you experience this? I'm not saying pitching would be in the same category as begging but they have their pitch too. I bet a lot of people riding home from work would pay a buck or more after a small performance and to put a smile on his kid's face when he walks through the door. Would take a lot of guts but sounds like it has potential. Input?
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Did I just describe busking? Only difference being not for tips?
sideshowsam
View Profile
New user
I see you staring at my
86 Posts

Profile of sideshowsam
Cardfather,

That is sheer wizardry - what a great idea! It is true that the Squirmle attracts a lot of attention when it's being worked so I can imagine that if you were strolling around any highly populated area you could make a buck both with the entertainment and with selling them. Like you said though it would take a lot of guts, but would the love of making a buck override that? I'd be interested to hear if anyone has tried this and what their success rate was.

./sam
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Thanks Sam. I think the visual appeal and economics of space makes squirmles plausible to stroll with but only guessing. Hope to try some day. With my full time job and 5 kids I put my pitch joint in storage till retirement. I figure they've been pitching Svengalis for 80 some odd years. I'm sure they'll be pitching them when I'm ready. I'm always chomping at the bit though and would like to try strolling Squirmles just to see the potential.

Posted: Jul 5, 2010 10:59pm
Was at Wallmart tonight, saw the twin pack of Squirmles red tagged for $1.50 Playing with one right now. I put a call into Carl and emailed his comment page. If I get an an order in time at the price I like I'll be headed to Venice Beach, CA (40 minute drive). Take a look at this clip. This was taken in January. Mostly locals but look, hoards of them and that's only January. Summer time the boardwalk is shoulder to shoulder tourist families. I took my relatives from NJ last year and was amazed. If I go I will definitely let you know how it goes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EVNSlaC74E
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Here is my good friend Brett at the Venice Beach Freakshow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rUsq-5jI3o

Later,Don
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Amazing! I mean the swords. I'm sure he could really swallow the balloon as well but if not mistaken he used the layman's version. He's smooth, great stage presence. I enjoyed it from beginning till end.

Posted: Jul 6, 2010 12:17am
Anyone interested in pitching Venice I did a little research. $25 for a permit good for 1 year. I'd rather do this without looking over my shoulder for cops. I found this post from another website. She gave the skinny on it. I'll need to think of some kind of theme for the squirmles. May need to show them out of package and say I made them myself. They have some kind of image they're trying to promote at Venice. Non corporate, non commercial. Homegrown, feel good only. Here's her post:

May 11 2009, 06:34 PM Post #7
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,985
Well, I went there today and got a permit to sell there. Basically it costs 25 dollars and the permit is good until the end of the year. They were very concerned that my product had enough of a "message" to it and was very clearly displayed as having a message...which I found weird because if you look around at who is already vending down there, most are selling kind of generic imported trinkets and jewelry or henna tattoos...not sure the message there but that's cool. I am going to go tuesday morning to get hopefully a good spot in the lottery and that spot is good for either the week or the weekend ( there are 2 drawings)
So, that's the scoop so far. I am interested in sharing the space with someone, but I'll check it out first to see how strict they are about that type of thing...

Posted: Jul 16, 2010 9:27pm
I didn't realize my store #2609 was the only one selling squirmles for $1.50. Walmart has a price matching policy. See at: http://walmartstores.com/7659.aspx
I don't think they had it in mind to be used against one of their own stores but give it a try. Store #2609 carry both the double pack and single for $1.50. May be a quick easy way to create inventory. No shipping cost may make up the diff.

Rick
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Rick think...How many could buy from Wal Mart? At $1.50 and you can get them for $1.00 each wholesale shipping surely dosen't add up to .50 each.You can't take the double pack apart,you won't have a good package to sell.

It just dosen't make any sense to me.

Don
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
You are 100% right Don. With ONE BIG EXCEPTION, no one can get in touch with Carl or anyone @ the company. I have been trying by phone and email, but to no prevail. If you need product now I can understand. Other people have commented on how tough it is to get through to Nowstalgictoys. Heck even Carl has a message on phone that they are swamped with orders so please be patient.Unfortunatly if you are pitching and need product you cant afford to be patient. Time is money. Carl is a great guy, I really like him, but I think he got to big to quick and can't handle it by himself, girlfriend and sister. I have needed stock for almost 2 months trying to get in touch with no luck. So I had to go elsewhere. It is much cheaper elsewhere,leaving more profit. I can afford to sell it at the same price Carl is selling to everyone and still make a good profit.
Mike

Magic Legacy - Low prices on great magic!
www.magiclegacy.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Wholesale fuzzles (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL