The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Epic Boards (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The problem with Epics that use white boards is that the glare renders them unusable under stage and club lighting. I've seen too many prediction effects ruined when the performer turns the whiteboard toward the audience and half of them can't see what was written due to the reflection.

For close-up it's not a problem. But why would you use a whiteboard instead of paper and marker/pen/pencil for close-up work?
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3896 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I close most of my shows with ME. It's a perfect fit for what I do.

And the perfect board is Osterlind's ME. It's a plain chalkboard that performs flawlessly, looks innocent and poses none of the lighting problems whiteboards do. I love this thing.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
bobgill
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of bobgill
Do yourself a favour and go to www.johnbreeds.com to see what I consider the rolls Royce of mental epic boards. You'll never look at your grandpa's clunky magician-y mental epic with its six tiny squares and lame presentation again. Hand made by John, whose name might be familiar to you as the inventor of the much ripped-off Visible Magic Painting. Everyone who has seen his Pro Epic has given it 5 stars. as he is not a mainstream dealer it is likely to remain an underground triumph.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3854 Posts

Profile of JanForster
You do not give up Smile That is o. k., but nevertheless what do you say about Bob's and David's valid points? Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1465 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Or use an ordinary artist's sketch pad. Here's one I made earlier. Reusable with 15 minute preparation between shows.

Sketch pad courtesy of IKEA.

Mike

Click here to view attached image.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3854 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Very nice! Interested people should look up also Marc Oberon's version. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
Bobgill,

All I see at the link you posted is a link to Enter which displays a page with no links. Can't see the board.
John
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2014, jstreiff wrote:
Bobgill,

All I see at the link you posted is a link to Enter which displays a page with no links. Can't see the board.

http://www.johnbreeds.com/pro-epic-pp.htm
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
909 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Check out Richard's excellent performance using his Classic Epic board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpQD1_798qE
John Breeds
View Profile
Veteran user
England
336 Posts

Profile of John Breeds

I put this image up at the beginning of this 2014 topic but somehow it got deleted.

It was just to illustrate that one of the big advantages of Pro Epic is the width area that's now available with this method - no more squeezed up scribbles or dubious abbreviations.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Epic Boards (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL