The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Crap! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
So, our town has an annual event that has a lot of different acts doing different things. I decide that I'm finally going to try my hand at "busking" & go to the lady in charge to make sure I don't step on any toes. That's because I live here & want good rapport with as many town people as possible. So instead of giving me permission the lady decides to put me into a paid event "indoors" at a local restaurant. I go on for 2 hours Friday. If it's raining I'll be indoors & the other acts will be in tents & under awnings; which means their audiences will have to find shelter...maybe even at the place I'm performing. Oh well, maybe I can try busking some other day! In the land of Murphy....

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
I wish you well at the restaurant gig. It's disappointing for you that you missed out on busking on the day, but at least if you are table hopping you will be developing skills at relating to small groups.
If it rains on the day, you'll be glad to be inside. On the other hand, it's things like having it rain when you are out busking that help you to develop skills like knowing when and how to grab up your gear and take it and your spectators to get under shelter and know how to continue your show. Or learning to take a break until the rain's over.
The presentation makes the magic.
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
I am sure you are disappointed that you didn't get to busk the event but any paid gig is a wonderful thing.
...the magic that creates Memories!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Crap! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL