The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Alameda County Fair & DVD update. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
If you are in the Bay area the next few weeks, I'll be selling at the Alameda County fair in the young California building. Come by and say hi. It is a really nice fair.

I will start the filming of the DVD at this fair and hope to have filming wrapped by the end of the California State fair at the beginning of August. Editing and such will take a couple months so I hope to have it released by the end of the year.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Honestly, I will pick it up I expect it to be good. Will it be in stores?
P3
practice practice perform.
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
Should be in magic shops.
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
The fair was a little slow this weekend, only 3gs in two days. Next weekend should be better. Have tuesday off and should have the script finalized for "pitch this" and ready to start filming during the week.

Does "B.B.C." mean anything to anybody?
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
Today was the best day of the fair so far
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Will, we don't hate the player or the game. But I'm not sure what purpose it serves to continually post your grosses here (unless you love paying income tax to the Internal Revenue Service). The purpose of this BB is to give and receive advice about pitching, not to keep score.

While it's usually true that the ultimate test of a good pitch/pitchman is whether it/he brings in the bucks, I see nothing gained by this. In fact, I have learned that it's generally considered bad manners to discuss your take with other vendors at a show. If you did well, they can see it, they will know it. And if you did well and they didn't, why make them feel bad?

So if anyone asks me how I did at a show, I always just say I did OK, since it's really none of anyone's business anyway. If I want to be more specific, I may say that I did "a couple of yards" (slang for "a few hundred dollars") and let it go at that. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
You are right Seth, it is bad manners. My bad, I won't let some people get under my skin. Thanks for the posts. Happy 4th.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
BTW I think your right Seth even though it is nice to see someone proud of the sales figures. Funny thing I have learned a lot about what to expect from pitching from this topic.
P3
practice practice perform.
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Seth, do you mean I can't brag I sold 4 decks on the 4th? Smile

Oh well, never mind....

Jon
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Jon -- only if you meant 4 gross of Svengali Decks; then I'd like to know exactly how you did that! SETH
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Magic! Smile

Jon
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
The last 6 days I worked 72 hours on my feet, but it was worth it. Tomorrow is off and then 5 more days at this fair. Still havn't filmed anything but will this week for sure.
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
Another good day at the fair, still on track to do 20 miles in 17 days. 4 days left then off to Cal Expo.
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
Did my 20+ miles in 17 days, I'm very happy, got the money and the honey. Cal Expo starts Wed. Did some test footage of the booth, request if you want to see the link of the video.

I'll do most of the filming for "pitch this" at cal expo. This will be my last post on this topic, I'll start a new one for cal expo. Too many of my posts have been deleted by responding to the haters.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Man I knew you had low speed limits in the states but 17 days to do 20 miles is really slow! Smile or am I miss understanding.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I believe Will is referring to the amount of money he expected to make, not a measurement of distance.

In carny slang, a "yard" is $100, and you can extrapolate it from there. SETH
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Veteran user
Scottsdale, AZ
331 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Quote:
On 2010-07-12 11:36, sethb wrote:
I believe Will is referring to the amount of money he expected to make, not a measurement of distance.

In carny slang, a "yard" is $100, and you can extrapolate it from there. SETH

If it's literal, then 20 miles X (1,760 yards in a mile X $100) = 3.5 million. Seems like an awful lot for *any* booth at a fair, but maybe I just don't know how profitable fairs can be.

Jay Jennings
Mystery arts articles and thoughts: https://ExclusiveMagic.com
Free video crash course for numerology readings: https://LoShuNumerology.com
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Jay, you are right, I guess extrapolate was not really the right word, since I doubt that it's to be taken literally.

I am guessing that a mile equals $1,000, but only Will knows for sure. I have never heard the term myself, only "yards," but then I haven't been pitching all that long -- it just seems that way! SETH
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Well I've been aroung a long time as you all know and I never heard of it either.
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Okay, Will, hip us all to your new terms.After all, you are the one writing the book of it all. "...responding to the haters." What is this all about? Do I detect some delusions of grandeur? What is it again you are pitching at these fairs, trick decks, splat balls, kitchen cutlery?

Doc
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Alameda County Fair & DVD update. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL