The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Self hypnosis for performance anxiety? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Does this include spooning? How about deep insightful conversation? We really need to be able to connect on an emotional and spiritual level for this to work MP. I just don't fall for anyone anymore. I have had my heart broken too many times.
The Cerebral Assassin
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Shane, good point. Yes, there are a lot of ineffective hypnotists out there!

Regards,
Mike
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
If you are looking for a good self hypnosis method I recommend "Shultz's" which I teach all the time to my students at the university and has excellent results for a lot of things. You can find it for sure for free on the internet because it is a well known method used specially in Germany since the 1920's.

The only clues for it to work well are a couple of language patterns at the moment of repeating your goal in the end of the relaxation/hypnotic process.

Hope it Works for you as good as it has worked for other people I have recommended it Smile

Giovanni.
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Hi again!

I just googled the Schultz relaxation method in English. (Because I normally do it in Spanish) And there are a lot of good references to it, like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogenic_training

Giovanni.
outsider-80
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of outsider-80
I looked it up - sounds promising. I just purchased Mindpunisher's MP3s and aregiving them a go. I just started with his MINDVITALIZER this morning, I'll let you know how it goes after a few tries. So far so good.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The thing about these recordings is that you don't have to do any work they do the work for you. They are also custom programmed with isochronic tones which entrain brainwaves for maximum absorbtion of the suggestions.

They took me many days to write and record. And are based on years researching hypnosis.

Mindvitalizer is a general peak performance recording that will improve mood and emotional state and assist in healing. Good for anxiety, stress, and over active minds et.

The Hypnotic presentation is designed to improve any kind of performance and assist with internalizing material, generating performance behaviour and dealing with stage fright.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Wow! "isochronic tones which entrain brainwaves."

Good for you!

The rest of us are forced to actually learn how to successfully use hypnosis and suggestion.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
This definition might help. 'Isochronic tones are regular beats of a single tone'.

Like a drum beat then?

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-06-28 16:39, dmkraig wrote:
Wow! "isochronic tones which entrain brainwaves."

Good for you!

The rest of us are forced to actually learn how to successfully use hypnosis and suggestion.

One day you might even catch up with modern technology. combining them with hypnosis gives you much more control over what you want to achieve for the listener.

A very basic definition of entrainment

Our brains give off electrical activity which will change depending upon what you are doing. This activity is “cyclic” and emulates waves which is why we refer to brain waves. The most commonly known are.

Beta

This brain wave is our everyday waking state. No good for mind programming however stimulating beta is said to help with intelligence and emotional stability. Although on a personal level I have found messing around with this not to have much impact for me so I never use this brainwave in my programmes.

Alpha

Relaxed and receptive to suggestion. We are in this state usually first thing in the morning. And also the brain produces Alpha almost as soon as you close your eyes and relax. A dreamy relaxed state. Good for visualising.

Theta

Known as the “hyper suggestible state”. Light sleep or extreme relaxation. This is the best state for mind programming and one I use in my recordings Mindvitalizer and Hypno Presentations.

Delta

Deep dreamless sleep. Your body is healing itself at this level and is in the slowest band of brainwaves. Usually you do not dream in this band are completely unconscious. This is not much good for mind programming suggestions. But great for installing deep sleep and improving the immune system.

Isochronic tones and binaural beats work by entraining your brain waves. Much like multiple pendulums will synchronise with each other. The can be programmed to take you from beta all the way down to delta and in between.

Isochronic tones are said to be the most effective compared to binaural which require headphones. “ Sleep Alchemy” is recorded completely with isochoric tones entraining Delta with no suggestions as they aren’t required.

Mindvitalizer uses Isochronic tones and Hypno presenting uses binaural beats because I recorded it before I knew about Isochronic.

But they both work.

A simple definition. Although it can get complicated

And binaural beats pumpt two different frequencies into each ear which creates the target frequency inside your head which is why you need earphones.

Isochronic is a singluar frequency which for various reasons is more effective plus you don't need headphones. Although Mindvitalizer requires headphones because of the stereo effects combined with suggestion.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
For those who want to blast through all of MP felgercarb of quoting from on-line sources, "isochronic tones" are simply regularly placed beats. It's been done with drums for thousands of years. It's nothing new. Note that MP says, "Isochronic tones are said to be the most effective ..." but that he doesn't reveal WHO said this. That's because there is absolutely NO research of any kind showing that it is some modern system of miracles.

All of this stuff is wonderful gloss meaning nothing. If you can't do hypnosis and suggestion, cover it up with wave and theory without any sort of supporting documentation or research.

Of course, I could be wrong. If so I'll gladly admit it. Just provide a list of, say, five, double blind studies that have appeared in peer reviewed journals indicating that Isochronic tones have any value at enhancing the receptiveness of suggestion.

Frankly, you'll be far more effective with your suggestions if you just provide some chronic rather than isochronic froo-froo.

Oh, and just FYI, MP, I was creating tapes with binary tones and others using isochronic beats over 30 years ago using a Yamaha DX-7 to produce sine tones, a frequency counter, and a Tascam 4-track recorder. You're decades out of touch. But that's okay, Sell your felgercarb. I'm sure you'll be able to dazzle your customers with BS. Besides, as you well know, when Barnum said there's a sucker born every minute, he was being an optimist. You're just taking advantage of it.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
********. I can´t find my headphones.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Craig

I'm not going to argue with you since you know everything. However the thing about beats and tones they can be programmed to exact frequencies known to have certain effects and stimulation of brainwaves.

The sleep alchemy is a great example. NO suggestions yet it has knocked out really hard core insomniacs. One client used to drink a bottle of wine every night to get to sleep. And had done so for years. Yet this recording did it first time.

I use it myself when my mind is over active it works.

I am not going to go into the details theres plenty stuff online. Its not really important. Whats important is that they work. Combined with suggestion they rock.

I love entrainment and have been using it for years.

However if it doesn't work for you - you get your money back. I only offerd these to the Café after a thread in penny on stage fright.

Recordings will never replace therapy for serious problems but for stage fright and general anxiety they are great.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Good news - I found my headphones.
I´ve used MP´s MP3´s each night for the last 3 nights.

I suppose that in order to post a proper review I should have used them separately but I´ve been using them together.

The sleep alchemy mp3 I can recommend whole-heartedly. I think I´ve been asleep on at least one ocasion before the recording finished. Regarding the other two mp3s, I haven´t had a chance to test the results yet, but I feel more lively and motivated in general. I´ll report on the performance anxiety relief recording next time I "perform"

:)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Use the three of them at same time if you want the more you use them the better the results. Give the stage fright at least a couple of weeks performing will never be the same. But use after when stage fright has gone to improve performance and learn new routines quicker.

The fact you can listen to the three of them tells you that these recordings are so easy to listen to they slip into your mind.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2010-06-29 05:39, mindpunisher wrote:
Craig

I'm not going to argue with you

And then, mindless as you are, you go right on and do it contradicting yourself.

Quote:
since you know everything.

No, I don't know anything. But I do know more than you in this area.

[quote] However the thing about beats and tones they can be programmed to exact frequencies known to have certain effects and stimulation of brainwaves.[/quote)

That's very true. I was doing it more than two decades ago.

Quote:
The sleep alchemy is a great example. NO suggestions yet it has knocked out really hard core insomniacs. One client used to drink a bottle of wine every night to get to sleep. And had done so for years. Yet this recording did it first time.

That's fantastic! Would you please give the URL of the peer-reviewed journal which did a double-blind test of this rather than just some anecdotal evidence which is interesting but doesn't prove anything? We'd all like to see it.

Quote:
I use it myself when my mind is over active it works.

Anecdotal reports are not scientific evidence. How about a study in a peer-reviewed journal?

Quote:
I am not going to go into the details theres plenty stuff online.

Don't go into details. Just provide a couple of URLs to peer-reviewed journals of double blind studies.

Quote:
Its not really important. Whats important is that they work.

Good. Then provide the URLs.

Quote:
Combined with suggestion they rock.

Fantastic. Please provide the URLs to peer-reviewed journals with reports showing that isochronic tones a) are effective and b) are more effective with suggestions than hypnosis and suggestion alone.

Quote:
I love entrainment and have been using it for years.

So it's really more of a religion for you than and a belief system rather than anything that is factual. OK.

Quote:
However if it doesn't work for you - you get your money back. I only offerd these to the Café after a thread in penny on stage fright.

But if they're so good and "they rock," why would you bother with this? Are you saying that you have little faith in isochronic tones and suggestion that they're going to fail with lots of people? I have to admire you for offering a money-back guarantee. I just wonder why, if its as good as you say, you think you need one.

Quote:
Recordings will never replace therapy for serious problems

On this we agree.

Quote:
but for stage fright and general anxiety they are great.

Ah, I see. What you're doing is letting individual with NO training diagnose themselves and write a prescription which you'll fulfill. So for you, it doesn't matter that stage fright could be a presenting problem covering something much more serious. For you, allowing someone with no training to self-diagnose "general anxiety," even though such feelings could be anything from general anxiety to a neurochemical imbalance to a tumor is okay, just as long as they buy your wares.

It doesn't matter to you that someone is delaying receiving real medical care by getting your suggestions with beeps in the background. So what if that tumor grows so large that it becomes inoperable while they listen to your beeps and suggestions. After all, you'll give them back the money they spent--just not their time...or their lives.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You are such a pillock craig.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Get your buckets at the ready, you may experience feelings of nausea after reading this:

Without any frills or the use of any superlatives, MindPunishers MP3 records work.

The sleep induction works so well I don´t think I´ve ever heard the end of the recording.

The stage fright MP3 works - to what extent? I think that will depend on how bad your stage fright is. I used to get rather nervous, shaking hands, nausea, sweaty palms (makes a great first impression when you shake the subjects hands!).

I no longer get nervous, so at last I can work on my patter and presentation, without having to worry about being able to "not worry".

"What´s the down-side?" I hear you ask. I´ve thought long and hard about that, because I´m naturally suspicious of reviews that have no criticism in them.
As far as I remember there was a money back guarantee provided with the purchase of the recordings, so at worst you´ll just waste some of your time.

Overall rating: 9/10 (because otherwise MP might put the price up!)
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Wait just a minute!!!
How do we know you're not related to Mindpunisher? Post a photograph of yourself on here.
If you don't have glazy eyes and saliva coming out the side of your mouth we're less likely to believe you're a plant.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
I thought about that also bobser! perhaps there´s a subliminal message in his recordings? Smile

but that´d mean that they still work, and in more ways than one! hehehe.
I´ll get around to posting a photo soon.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 11:54, Owen Mc Ginty wrote:
Get your buckets at the ready, you may experience feelings of nausea after reading this:

Without any frills or the use of any superlatives, MindPunishers MP3 records work.

No. They worked FOR YOU.

You've provided no evidence that they'll work for others. It's great that they worked for you. Fantastic.

However, it's what's called, scientifically, "anecdotal evidence." Anecdotal evidence is considered "interesting" but not scientifically important.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Self hypnosis for performance anxiety? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL