The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Thank you all for your words of encouragement regarding Americas Got Talent. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Scott, no need to reply to the negative posts .. you don't have time for that.

You did an awesome job and your theme is exactly what they're looking for. We're proud of you and your performance.

Hope you went far on the program ... we salute you!

Steve
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Ditto everyone else ...well, except one...

Awesome performance. Looking forward to more.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7414 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2010-06-24 09:49, dahih beik wrote:
Can anyone post a video of the performance

From another part of the Café, Dodd Vickers from Magic Newswire is posting the videos on his site:

http://bit.ly/AGTString

and

http://mnw.squarespace.com

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Scott,

I served in the USAF as an enlisted and then got commisioned as an Officer for many years. I was over in Romania for the 2003 Iraqi war and performed magic in all the orphanages (misspelled most likely). In fact the wing commander took me every where. It was a universal language that brought smiles every where. There is a point to this. My point is that to others outside of America our military uniforms are scary as they see us only in war but with what you did you showed them that you are a real person. When I started performing at the orphanages they were stand offish but after a few tricks they came around and were all over our other military members. Wanting to know more about them. It was not only appropriate for your to wear your uniform but it is now expected. I only hope that they can see you for your true talent and not only your honorable and selfless service. You have talent and I can't wait to see how you are going to top this. Thank you for your service.

BTW - Do they provide consultants to you in Vegas? I have often wondered about this. Anyway, I will understand if you cannot tell yet. Good Luck and make us proud.

Patrick
lemon ice
View Profile
New user
Memory Alpha on my PADD making
34 Posts

Profile of lemon ice
One thing I've noticed watching many of these performances: I like them a lot more the second time I watch them. Good job Scott! And thanks for your service.
"I could do the hop de passe de shift sauter la coupe."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2010-06-24 11:18, w_s_anderson wrote:
Thank you all very much! To answer the critisim of the miliary....the name of the show is "America' Got Talent." It is plastered with American flags, and it is all about patriotism. I was in uniform, because in my act I perform in uniform. Each routine in my act has a real life story from a place I have been to go along with it, some with video's/slideshows. It puts a whole new twist on magic....true patter. Anyhow, it is clearly apparent that you know nothing about that show, and how the majority of magicians are treated. We have 90 seconds to perform....that's it. We have only a few seconds to connect with our audience. It's not like a singer who goes out there and sings a song that everyone knows and they can immediately tell that he/she is good. So the best way to not get chewed up and spit out....give them what they want. Also, did you hear the judges comments afterwards, apparently it worked. You might not get this being a foreigner, but American's are very patriotic....as you can tell by the responses to your post. On top of that....are all Soldiers from your country considered mercinaries, or was that just your way of taking a cheap swipe at Our Nation's military? I can honestly tell you with all my heart that I am glad the whole military/patriotic theme of my act disturbed you. There are many great stories that come out of the hell holes we go to, but thanks to guys like you many of them do not get out. Fortunately, I have been able to get this story out to the general public. Please stay tuned, I will be sure to disturb you with future military/patriotic themed performances. All the best,

Wm. "Scott" Anderson

BOOYA!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
sileeni
View Profile
Loyal user
UK.
268 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Awsome mate. You got my vote.

Best,

Sileeni.................................
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Aside from my original post, and response to what's his name, I also neeed to make a point to thanking the members of this forum for helping me to shape this routine. I had received much advice about that illusion from many of you on here, either on another thread or via PM. I was even a little hard headed at times, but I took all the advice to heart and I really applied it to that act. There were many things I changed from the original performance ideas based on the help I received from many of you. So I again thank all of you who offered your advice and assistance during the development of the 90 second Origami. This was definately a product of Magicans helping Magicians!
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
881 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Scott, yours was an extraordinary act! Very, very enjoyable and an extremely effective use of 90 seconds! On top of all that, your little boy is adorable too. I really enjoyed the stuff with your family backstage. WELL DONE!!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Scott, just saw the re- run 30 seconds ago, as I missed the show from earlier in the week. But fantastic job! Great back storey, great act, great personality! Your family is beautiful also! Wishing you all the success in the world! Good luck!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Will. Just like everyone else on here I'd like to tell you how very much I enjoyed your performance. Also coming from a military family who's father served 3 tours in 'Nam, I'd like to thankyou for your service to our country. I hope you made it far in the competition and can't wait to see you on tv again!!! Be safe out there!
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Scott, I just watched it on youtube! And like one of the judges mentioned, I can imagine a very military style illusion show. All the best with that!
MagicOfDamon
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of MagicOfDamon
Thank you for serving our country the illusion was well done but personally, the real magic was putting smiles on those innocent little faces while on duty.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Great job Scott!!! It was a top notch performance from beginning to end.

On a side note, Eshla is a loser. Now this post will probably get deleted...so I made sure to copy my thoughts to him in a PM. Be a shame for him to miss it.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Thank you Kevin! I must say it has been quite a humbling experience being complimented by such fine and established performers.

TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Again Scott... (as I have said elsewhere...) THANKS for being YOU! Thanks for serving and representing Magic and Our County so well where ever you go!

God Bless You and your Family brother!

“Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."

Find Your Passion… DO Your Purpose… Make It Profitable!

Live “L.O.V.E.” Everyday!
Life Of Vibrant Expression!

I am at your service and in HIS Service,
Deano (Helping You Succeed) in Reno
<><

PS – MORE KILLER FREE STUFF!
Grab Your 100% FREE, No Foolin’ Success Event Playback AND Downloadable GIFTS Now?
http://www.EntertainersSuperConference.com
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Quote:
On 2010-06-25 01:31, w_s_anderson wrote:
Thank you Kevin! I must say it has been quite a humbling experience being complimented by such fine and established performers.

I think, from first impressions, Will has a good shot at winning the competition. I expect to see him in the finals atleast, though I haven't seen the non-magical talent in the competition.

Americans would love the act, and I am curious as to how he will keep up the army spin on the rest of the illusions. I can't see how such things as a Shadow Box illusion could be linked in some way, but I'm sure you'll find a way Will. Smile

Tom
xx
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
JasonB
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of JasonB
Not a fan of censorship, sheez. Scott is a Soldier and therefore sworn to uphold the Constitution I believe (free speech and all) so lets just ignore comments we don't like and stop beating the drum of censorship (slippery slop and all).

That said, good job Scott. You made the Origami more interesting than I've seen in a while. You also held the swords in such a way as to make them actually look like weapons without being over the top and you occasionally even had a sort of menacing warrior presence which was cool to see. Hope you do well and enjoy the benefits and experiences of the show.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Quote:
On 2010-06-26 10:04, JasonB wrote:
Not a fan of censorship, sheez. Scott is a Soldier and therefore sworn to uphold the Constitution I believe (free speech and all) so lets just ignore comments we don't like and stop beating the drum of censorship (slippery slop and all).

That said, good job Scott. You made the Origami more interesting than I've seen in a while. You also held the swords in such a way as to make them actually look like weapons without being over the top and you occasionally even had a sort of menacing warrior presence which was cool to see. Hope you do well and enjoy the benefits and experiences of the show.

What that guy said.

The way you held the swords and thrust them made them feel actually dangerous, and even I felt like she was in danger, dispite knowing she wasn't. You could tell the whole audiance felt a sense of horror at the swords being thrust into the box. For a second we all believed she was genuinely in there, dodging the blades.
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2775 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Scott, I'm sure I am twice your age, been around a long, long time. Meet a lot of people,
but you are one of those that I am proud to call Sir.

Thank you Sir, and never, never, never waste a breath on those not worth wasting it on.
It's sad that magic does seem to attract more than its fair share of jerks,
but that is just something we have to deal with.
Pay no mind to them, they can't teach you a thing.

You got our vote any day of the week.

Like someone else said, I think I enjoyed the clips of you as much as the performance.

Looking forward to seeing more, and wishing you the best.
Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Thank you all for your words of encouragement regarding Americas Got Talent. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL