The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Excel Help - This is a good one I think (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
To me the answer lies somewhere in the question but I can't piece it together unless it can not bo done through a Function.

Example

Same Workbook

Worksheet 1 Cell A:1 IF someone enters a value (numeric or text) I want that same value to appear on Worksheet 2 in Cell A:1

It's driving me nuts and I know nothing about macro or whatever the other one is VBA?
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
On Sheet2, type an equal sign in cell A1, click the Sheet1 sheet tab, click cell A1, and then press Enter. Your formula in cell A1 on Sheet 2 should look something like =Sheet1!A1.

You could also just type the formula =Sheet1!A1 directly into the cell on Sheet2.

Curt
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
...and that's how you get your sheet together in Excel.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
If you want the cell on Sheet2 to be blank when the cell on Sheet1 is blank, you'll need to go a bit further:

=IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!A1),"",Sheet1!A1)

If you just use

=Sheet1!A1

then when the cell on Sheet1 is blank, the cell on Sheet2 will have a zero.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I personally prefer a zero if a value is suppose to be in a cell.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
613 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I like IF statements...
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Thanks a million guys I appreciate the help. This will make our 6Sigma data entry work a heck of a lot more stream line.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Excel Help - This is a good one I think (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL