The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Out of print but not out of mind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
One thing many magicians don't realize is when a book is out of print. It doesn't always mean that it can't be found in magic dealers shops or is very hard to find. Out of print just means the publisher no longer has a supply of said book.

I agree the Garcia books should be reprinted. At least All in a nut shell, The real secrets of the 3 ball trick. Those and maybe one or 2 other books of Frank's is all that would really be needed. But that is only my thoughts.

It would be great to have Greater magic re published. Even tho it's rather easy to find I think someone should reprint Bruce Elliot's Classic Secrets of Magic. That is such an underrated book in my opinion. It's worth being made more easily obtained.
mike greene
View Profile
New user
Manchester
80 Posts

Profile of mike greene
I'd rather not see Greater Magic republished, I want to keep it to myself and taunt my peers!

Seriously though, one of the greatest books on magic ever written. I picked it up at a charity shop completely by chance when I was first starting out, as I'd heard whispers about it being rare and brilliant. Skimmed through it once, decided it was a dusty old piece of crap and put it in some cupboard or other. A few years go by and I've matured quite a lot as a magician, and I come across this again during a clear out of my things.

WOW. For a volume of its size, its still packed with gold. Card magic, coin magic, gimmicked cards, card fans, rising cards, silk magic, billiard magic, stage magic, prearranged decks. You name it, it's in this book, and the best of the best techniques and effects are presented.

It's often said you could make a career as a professional magician using only the Tarbell course. If you throw in Greater Magic, there's more material than you could ever possibly use.

If anybody owns this book and doesn't appreciate the material in it, try the Tuned Deck on an audience just once. The techniques used are chosen specifically to stay one step ahead of your audience, and it's an absolutely fantastic routine.

Some books are placed above others simply for the fact they're out of print and unattainable. Greater Magic is so highly sought after not only because it's out of print, but because it's the most important magic book published since 'Our Magic'. Find it, read it, use it.
ALL I NEED IS ONE LIFE, ONE TRY, ONE BREATH, I'M ONE MAN, WHAT I STAND FOR SPEAKS FOR ITSELF - NAS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Out of print but not out of mind (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL