The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where is Arizona? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Don't ask Peggy West...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQp8M0bkarM

It's one thing when kids struggle with geography, but when it reaches the level of policy makers, it really underscores that there's something fundamentally wrong with our education.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
What is a county supervisor?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
Interesting, I would like to visit Arizona someday, I am sure my travel agent knows where it is.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
When the US was first considering adopting Daylight Savings Time there was a senator - I don't recall who, though I believe I know where I can find his name again - who argued against it on the grounds that an extra hour of daylight each day cannot come without cost; for example, draperies fading more quickly because of the extra hour of exposure to the sun.

Just because someone's elected isn't sufficient evidence that they have knowledge or reason. Alas.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
In California a county supervisor represents a town or city in the county and they are part of the county govt. which maintains country property and roads while other properties and roads are city while again others are state. In my experience county supervisors are less important than a city supervisor but that is only my county which was Santa Clara, California. There is a huge amount of redundant work at county, state, and city level, the county only has real pull in rural areas that are not sanctioned by a city.

Here where I live now the county supervisors really are important. For example they decide how much money goes into each district for roads, property, human services, etc.. The reason they are important is in my county we have two 'towns' which have mayors etc while there are four population points that have no govt and thus the county runs things for us and provide all services and police protection (sheriff).
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Ah, thanks Santa. Rather like a Reeve, I think.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Where is Arizona? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL