The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » MagicDraw iPhone/iPodTouch App now available (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
My favorite iPhone App is now available on iTunes

MagicDraw
There are three reasons why this App is not for everyone:
1) It's not cheap.
2) We are keeping it out of the hands of the mere curious.
3) It was created by a professional magician for other magicians.
Here is the amazing effect for those who recognize the value:
Using our special drawing App on your iPhone/iPod Touch, you make a concealed prediction and place it face down on the table. Next, have someone name any playing card or secretly write it on a piece of paper. You then reveal your iPhone prediction in the form of random scribbles -- they groan. "No really, that's your card. You can't see it?" You now shake the phone and the scribbles visually animate to spell the name of the selected card! They're not groaning now!
And best of all, it doesn't have to be a card trick. You can draw a scribbled prediction of anything! Simply shake the phone and the scribbles magically transform into your "anything-ness."

Programmed by Carl Andrews 
Inspired by Richard Sanders "Identity"and Jeff Prace's "Scribbles of Destiny."
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Well it looks interesting. I'll be sticking to my Scribbles of Destiny [Genii, January 2010] but I like the look of this.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Jeff You won't stick to it if you see this, believe me it does SO MUCH MORE! It's always ready, no force card, visual animation and it does not have to be a card trick. It's really cool! Send me an email or PM As I emailed you a while back, I would like to send you a copy.
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Hey Carl where is the app available and also any way it could be applied to the Droid?

Norm
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Ok, my bad, I see its abvailable on ituns. dahhhh! But my second question stands. Thanks dude!!

Norm
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Norm it is on iTunes and for the iPhone/iPod Touch, sorry no Droid at this time.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I couldn't download it to my iPod Touch (which is only 6 months old). It said I needed the new iPhone software to run it. Is that right?

Thanks,
Robert
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
MagicDraw is for iOS 4, make sure your software is up-to-date before trying to download.
Thanks!
jekyllandhyde
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of jekyllandhyde
Been using Scribbles of Destiny since just after the magazine's arrival and it gets great reactions. I'm curious as to how the perceived effect is different with this.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Jekyllandhyde the difference is AMAZING! it's like Scribbles on Steroids Smile
Let me mention a few enhancements
- No set-up, always ready to go
- Instantly repeat with a different card or different object all together
-No force card needed, you can do it with any card named or selected
-The scribbles are animated as they form the words
-IT DOESN"T have to be a card trick
If that's not enough to get you excited, it's not for you Smile
jekyllandhyde
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of jekyllandhyde
Appreciate the response Carl. I'll think about it as I love the effect.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
From Nick Lewin "Your MagicDraw is just great. Even better than Freakin.' SO many possibilities.
great job, keep 'em coming!"
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Veteran user
Scottsdale, AZ
331 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Sounds cool -- I only wish it didn't require iOS4. I'm using an iPhone 3G and don't want to upgrade because of the speed issues I've seen on other 3G iPhones that have upgraded (plus, if I upgrade I'll lose my tethering ability).

Just curious, is there stuff in it that requires iOS4 or did you just go with the defaults when you compiled?

Jay Jennings
Mystery arts articles and thoughts: https://ExclusiveMagic.com
Free video crash course for numerology readings: https://LoShuNumerology.com
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Hey Jay,
I understand. I was using the new SDK and just trying to keep up with the newest software Smile
All the best,
Carl
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Carl sent me the app and I must say it's very cool! I like it a lot. Well done!!
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Carl, you can compile for older OS compatibility even though you are using the latest Base build. I think what Jay was asking is if there is any code that is iOS4 specific. If not, you can still compile for 3.x devices.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Hmmm... looking at the screenshots, it appears that the lines do not "morph" into the final revelation, rather that there's random lines that are simply moved "off" the reveal. Perhaps the shaking action might conceal this discrepancy? Is it possible to see a video of the change?
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
MAOmagic
View Profile
New user
Columbus
97 Posts

Profile of MAOmagic
I've been messing around with it, and it seems a little odd. Not my favorite magic app. There are a few things that could be added. But Maybe this will come in future updates. I don't wanna say here because it exposes. the secret.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Philemon there is a demo on youtube although best seen in person, it really does appear to morph and yes the movement does add to the illusion. To the person watching they will tell you they saw the lines morph into the prediction, it just looks amazing to them. I get amazing reactions with this.

MAOmagic feel free to email me privately with any update suggestions, I would be happy to hear them.

Scott I may go back and do 3.2, thanks!

All the best,
Carl
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
MagicDraw now backwards compatible to OS3.1
Enjoy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » MagicDraw iPhone/iPodTouch App now available (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL