The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Fake or something else??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Anyway when did you become particular about hypno shows? Tickets are now moving for the HMV. Posters are up everywhere. I think they will sell out.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Jeez I assumed I'd just turn up and pick one up, that's fantastis news, well done you!!!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well they still have loads left they are just moving them from the front to the back...then to the front again.

They are selling a few already...though.. It's a fantastic location. It will be buzzing on the night. I think they will sell out though.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Do you want me to catch for you? I've got this new black lurex tight fitting T- shirt I wanna try on. And you can nip oot for a fag while I do 'the invisible sex machine' with 'em.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Could you resusitate the rubber dolls?
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Orally or the other way?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well I'll leave that up to your artistic intepretation..
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
If there are rubber dolls and Bobser in a tight fitting T-shirt involved...I want in on it!! Just send me a passport and a plane ticket.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Rubber dolls, black lurex T shirt and a guy called 'Shane Masters'.
My wife thinks I'm online looking up: 'steam trains of the 1930's'.
She simply has no idea I'm this wild other person!!!
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Is that steam trains or steamy trannies of the 1930's ?-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
It does not matter if they are hypnotized, faking, or socail compliance. WHat matters is that the host paid you (or they bought tickets) for an entertaining show. Entertainment is far more important than hypnosis at a hypnosis show. I could care less who is and who isn't hypnotized, and if they are "deep or not"
What I do care about is, did everyone have a good time and were they entertained.

As for the "coma command", telling someone they "Just threaten to take her out and never allow her to go to that place again " is totally UNETHICAL and it is contrary to any humanistic appraoch to hypnosis. If someone is "stuck in hypnosis" (which is an imposibility) it is becasue they want 5 more minutes of fame screwing up the hypnotist, or are drunk or asleep, or drifting off into la-la-land and neither consiously or unconsiously listening. And so
1.) Snap/clap loud telling them to open the eyes
2.) Blow sharply into the closed eyelid, they WILL pop out
3.) Let them sleep - Tell them, they can emerge on their own when they are ready and you will be there cleaning up and packing up, so they have all the time they want.... Trust me, they WILL wake up...
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>>As for the "coma command", telling someone they "Just threaten to take her out and never allow her to go to that place again " is totally UNETHICAL and it is contrary to any humanistic appraoch to hypnosis<<<<

How can the above be unethical if you believe your volunteers are faking it or are just responding to social compliance? Nothing is unethical since hypnosis doesn't exist right?

>>>>1.) Snap/clap loud telling them to open the eyes
2.) Blow sharply into the closed eyelid, they WILL pop out
3.) Let them sleep - Tell them, they can emerge on their own when they are ready and you will be there cleaning up and packing up, so they have all the time they want.... Trust me, they WILL wake up...<<<<<

Occasionally you will get a volunteer who doesn't wake up or respond to any of the above suggestions. I have had at least two in my career. In one case a female had two hearing aids one in each ear. She came up on stage went into trance and lay there for the duration of the two hour show. After the show it took 45 mins before she eventually woke and didn't know who her boy friend was. It took another 20 mins to re-orientate her into the room. Pretty good faking. Yes they will always wake up unless you deliberately kill them. Unfortunately there were too many witnesses.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Richard,

As a big fan of yours, I am interested in why you would consider this tactic unethical. It is not something that is actually ever going to happen. It is a scare tactic, but, so is clapping your hands. I had a girl urinate in her pants when I did this. No kidding. She wouldn't come out and I didn't have time to wait for however long it would have taken her. I tried everything else , but the scare tactic.... I use that as a last resort. I tried flicking cold water on her face. Nothing.

I clapped my hands and she looked at me like I was Freddy Kruger. She litterally peed herself right there.

I told the other hypnotist to do the coma tactic to my wife to get her out. The reason is: If you don't, she will lay they for hours. She is one truly lazy individual. -Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2010-07-07 00:01, Nongard1 wrote:
It does not matter if they are hypnotized, faking, or socail compliance. WHat matters is that the host paid you (or they bought tickets) for an entertaining show. Entertainment is far more important than hypnosis at a hypnosis show. I could care less who is and who isn't hypnotized, and if they are "deep or not"
What I do care about is, did everyone have a good time and were they entertained.

That has to be the best comment on hypnosis I have ever heard.

Mindpunisher and Bobser, you might be right. I might be completely wrong. But until someone proves it for me I will continue to operate on the basis that it is all social compliance. When I walk on to a stage I am looking for compliance, not trance. And that works for me.

Mindpunisher, you are right. I have been missing a lot. I've finished three books in the last three months (the last one today) and I have almost forgotten what my kids look like. But it's great to hear you are cracking the fringe. Best of luck with the show.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Thanks Tony I'm now looking forward to doing a few shows. I couldn't have got a better venue its been a long time coming back round again.

Ok theres no point trying to prove anything. Although I disagree respecfully with Richard I think it does matter a lot. Otherwise why not do card tricks instead?
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Richard,

I actually found your point of view posted over at hypnothoughts.com regarding the " coma command ". I definately see and understand your point of view on this matter. I have trained with several other certified hypnotherapist ( keep in mind, I am a hypnotist...... not a hypnotherapist ), and all of them stated this was an acceptable way to get someone out of this level of relaxation. Some prefer an altered form of this method so that it appears to not be so.....aggressive.

I am not saying who is right or wrong, I am just wondering why there are different views on this with people who are successful and have the same credentials as far as certifications and trainings go. I am assuming it has more to do with personal beliefs and interpretation than anything else. -Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think I first read about this way of waking someone up in a Dave Elman book? Its been a way used by stage hypnotists for a long time.

I don't think its unethical or has any negative effects. I think there are better ways. But very occasionally you might find someone that doesn't respond to any of the usual methods. But they will wake up when ready. Although you need good people management skills or you could find yourself in an awkard situation.

I am both hypnotist/hypnotherapist and have developed ways of using hypnosis in a number of contexts.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
The only time I ever saw someone not come out immediately on being instructed to was someone who was stoned out of his mind. I dismissed him from the stage quickly, but when I finished the show I was told that someone was in another part of the bar, where his friends had taken him. The plonker was stretched out on a snooker table.

I told them to take him home and sober him up. If that didn't work they could take him to the hospital and have his stomach pumped. In either case his condition had nothing to do with the hypnosis.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
That's because your a fake hypnotist. They should really hire a real one.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
We have a "real" hypnostist here in Cork. He takes twenty minutes for a quick induction, and does a show that makes saying the Rosery seem like entertainment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Fake or something else??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL