The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Docc Hilford's The Vault (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Thank you. I just noticed, those are green. The set I have (old as the hills) is purple. I wonder if anyone has multi-color sets? (It would save me some work on the new ones.)

Tony
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
666 Posts

Profile of Bedford
I just ordered a couple of sets from Daytona. I requested 2 different color sets if available.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Joe Pon at Misdirections Magic in San Francisco has the different colored sticks.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Quote:
On 2010-07-12 11:20, dennfox wrote:
Joe Pon at Misdirections Magic in San Francisco has the different colored sticks.

What is it called at this web site. I couldn't find it in a search.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
http://misdirections.com
Joe is closed on Mondays. It's best to phone him and he mails everywhere. Tel # 415-566-2180

I don't know what he calls it. But I was playing with them yesterday at his shop.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Joe Pon is going to let me know if they still make the Mental Logs! The link is: MENTAL LOGS by Magic King.
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
My friends,

Thank you for all the encouraging words.

As many of you know, we who create tricks that are seen on DVDs produced by independent companies, make only a small fee at the time of production.
After that, we sell a few copies. Then the profits made are for the production company and the magic shops.
I'm grateful to those of you who support the authors and creators by purchasing directly from us during the initial stages of release.

Of course, because of a hectic schedule of performing, lecturing, new creations and other activities, delays in filling orders can be made. Sometimes delays are caused by volcanos, oil leaks or nefarious postal handlers.

Recently, there was a problem with a handful of orders.
They were immediately taken care of, but I never feel good about a mishap at the expense of someone else's patience.

Most of you are so understanding that I want to express my appreciation in an open forum.

If, however, you're angry at me for a delay in getting your DVDs, I can only apologize and assure you that everything possible has been done to ensure their prompt arrival.

Thank you again,

Docc
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
666 Posts

Profile of Bedford
I just got my Mental Logs from Daytona Magic. They are made by Sam's Magic Service in Calcutta, India, and called Improved Mental Logs. They look like what Docc is using on the DVD and work exactly the same. Although I requested two different colored sets if available, I got two sets of red. I would guess that's all that Harry had in stock. They look good though and I'm looking forward to working with them.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I also just ordered a set (mental logs) from Daytona. Misdirections did not have them in stock.
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Docc, you are a true gentleman - and thanks for taking the time to post a response here.

I enjoy your work immensely and use your nightmare coins as well as T42 all the time at a gig where I perform 3 nights a week.

Thanks, for releasing all the great material you have over all the years.

Cheers.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Certainly no middle ground when it come to Docc. You either love him or hate him!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I just got my "The Vault" set and stayed up to 4 a.m. watching them. I've always been a big fan of Docc's work, but this, in my opinion, is the finest work he's done.

The L&L set was wonderful, with some classic work from him. But The Vault dvds captured exactly how he is in person. Kudos to the filming crew for nailing this.

These dvds should have been $200 or more. The interview segments alone were worth the price of the set. The 'real' work tipped is the finest instruction I've seen.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MikeTheRed
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of MikeTheRed
Docc wrote: "Recently, there was a problem with a handful of orders.
They were immediately taken care of, but I never feel good about a mishap at the expense of someone else's patience.

Most of you are so understanding that I want to express my appreciation in an open forum."

I was one of those handful of orders. Docc took care of everything immediately and with an unmatched level of professionalism and customer service. Sometimes how people handle challenges tells you more about a person than when everything is going well! Docc gained a customer for life with this transaction. Also, "The Vault" is excellent!

Mike
Shayde Phoenix
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
116 Posts

Profile of Shayde Phoenix
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I wanted to chime in here too as I feel Docc deserves it.

There's not much that I can say that hasn't already been said. I really enjoyed this release. So much great work here using simple props that are often overlooked. I'll certainly be using the Pendulum material and dusting off the old Ball and Tube as well.

Highly recommended.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1152 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2010, Hilksha wrote:
I love the effect Styx. Great DVD set.

Can you explain the effect, or how he structures the effect?
Michael Mindreader
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Michael Mindreader
Everything from Docc is a no brainer. There I said it.
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
541 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2010, Looch wrote:
"Slit" is very very powerful...the girl who Docc did this for looked genuinely disturbed yet amazed

Great DVD

What exactly happens in the "Slit" effect? The name suggests it's the same from his penguin lecture... but is not listed there. Is it the same?
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Docc Hilford's The Vault (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL