The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Garage ventilation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
622 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Hi,

I setup the garage as another room in the house and looking for ideas on how to get fresh air and sunlight inside without having to open the garage door every day. There is a door that goes from the hallway to the garage also, but no windows in there. One good thing is it stays cool in the summer but still would like fresh air. It is a townhouse so windows can't be added on either side.
The closest thing I could find to an idea on this is to add a row of small windows to the top of the garage door and that would let light in but no fresh air. If they were functional windows with a screen that can open/close, it would solve it, but wouldn't know where to find them.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
That shouldn't be a problem, getting windows certainly isn't, ones that open should be easy too. You may have to see what the association says about it. The coolest garage door thing I saw was a glass front like a store front and it had a regular door, glass as well. That was in California and you had to be able to convert it back to a garage if selling the place.

Check with garage door shops cuz you could just add a panel or even a place that puts in portable rooms, they may be able to cut and put in a window.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
We have three "Solar Tubes" in my formerly too dark house. These are like skylights, but someone on the roof can not see through them. They add wonderful sunlight to a room.

Ventilation is harder, but there are roof mounted fans that are similar to the solar tube I described. They block the direct view of light and wont let rain in, but they can ventilate a room fairly well.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Garage ventilation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL