The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Picking up cards from the floor - good exercise? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Furniture
View Profile
Elite user
London
415 Posts

Profile of Furniture
My girlfriend said that I have a flat stomach because I am all the time picking up the cards I drop on the floor, that are a lot! If that is true it means that the good magicians, this is, the ones that don't drop cards to the floor, don't have a flat stomach.

Do you drop cards to the floor all the time? Is the flat stomach related to how good you are with cards? Help me to solve the dilemma.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
900 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Well they say Bicycle`s are good exercise..................... Smile
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Not much of a dilemma. If you are REALLY interested in "solving" it, well, how old are you?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I doubt that's the case. If you bend at the knees to pick them up, you're exercising your quads and probably calves, if you're bending over on the back, your back muscles are getting the work done, not your abdominals.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Good one Adam1975.

I'm a person who enjoys Card slinging and jugglery.

Picking up cards is great exercise. It's good for your knees and back if done correctly. It's not only the picking up but also the reaching under and couch moving and running from your partner who's been pinged by a card one too many times.

Willingness to pick up cards when you are in the awful beginning stages of a flourish or throw is your ticket in to a really fun type of Magic. Many people think all cut monkeys begin adroit. Perhaps that is true of some but I earn every stunt I achieve with multiple pick-ups.

I'd love to think my fat stomach is a sign of mastery but sadly no.

If Card slinging weren't good for you would you be able to stop? I doubt it.

- Mary Mowder
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
685 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Every exceptional card worker I know is rather rotund. Jason England use to refer to this phenomenom as "Card Lard". You know what's really good for your core? Ducking tomatoes...
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm fat cuz I don't drop cards.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
They are not mutually exclusive.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2010-06-29 17:06, rawdawg wrote:
Every exceptional card worker I know is rather rotund. Jason England use to refer to this phenomenom as "Card Lard". You know what's really good for your core? Ducking tomatoes...

The good thing is, if you're big enough, you always have a working surface.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Picking up cards from the floor - good exercise? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL