The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Job site my $@# (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I hate people. I'm job hunting and if I see a job I may qualify for, or in my case over qualify for, I apply. I get sent to some staffing office and put in my info and it says I have to call them to answer some questions. I call at the time stated and they say it will take about 45 minutes...the entire work discussion went as follows:

Her: So where did you work last?
me: AT&T
Her: I'll submit your resmume. Would you like to get a degree in Business, computers, or criminal justice
me: Excuse me? Is this a staffing office or do you try to give out educational loans
her: We are a staffing office. Let me get some information so we can look at getting you the financing to go to school.
me: I don't think I'm interested in discussing this with you.
her: How much do you make a year?
me: I don't work, did you send off my resume
her: yes but we need to discuss the financing available.....
me: Just let me know if a job comes up.....

Can you imagine that? A bait and switch..
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2914 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Not much work as a Mall Santa in the summer, I'm afraid.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Yipes! That's a new one. Everywhere a scam.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16247 Posts

Profile of tommy
Its big business exploiting the unemployed and the low paid today. There was a fellow explaining it on The Max Keiser Report a week or so ago. He was speaking of loans etc. He was saying it was a hundred times cheaper to borrow from the mafia loan sharks than from the legal places. He mentioned rates of up to 650% as I recall.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
My brother has trained for some of the "jobs" they give loans to learn. that's a scam too. There were no jobs when he got out and the equipment he trained with was outdated as well.

Diogenes could find full time work now a days.

- Mary Mowder
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I applied for a lot jobs as well, somehow, though, my information ends up at all the diploma mill strip-mall colleges. Legitimate staffing offices are of little help too, but at least they're not jerking me around.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Looks like we are not the only deceptive ones around. It appears the entertainment value was not there though eh?
You know why don't act naive.
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Any VA facilities in your area? http://www.usajobs.gov is your friend for federal/state jobs, especially for vets
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Thank you. How in the heck do you apply for a federal job? Every time I've tried I've either ended up in a pay service or the site doesn't work. The one time I did get through they emailed and said it was only open to the spouses of service people!
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Santa, as a veteran have you tried Military.com? They set up legitimate federal, state and private job fairs in and around the military centers here in NC and VA; surely they do the same in your area. You can also check in with your local VA office for federal connections. Best of luck.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
That's a good tip Skip. Last time I was at the VA hospital, I saw lots of job postings. Most of them paid well.

It might also help to pass the word to your local member of Congress.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Thank you. I had an interview this morning. First person I see worked at the criminal company that I refused to do false docs for! Now if she has bad feelings for me I'm SOL, but the interview went well. I'll check out military.com and I do check USAJOBS
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
AWESOME post guy's thanks....
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm curious, which part was awesome? My part was sexy but not sure of the rest...
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2909 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I really hate to say this, but it seems to be the new American way: find a sucker and sell him snake oil. I was at Costco just the other day and saw so many "diet" plans it was hilarious.

Find a niche and fill it? Heck. The unemployed, the obese, the ones who have bad credit, those who have trouble paying their mortgages, DUI cases, divorcees, high school dropouts, singles, old folks who need to sell their homes to pay for long-term care, you name it: there's a niche and someone willing to fill it.

I guess it's easier than making a real living. [Sigh]
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
It's getting tougher and tougher to find real livings to make these days, George. All our manufacturing jobs seem to have high-tailed it to China or Mexico when we weren't looking, and all our tech jobs took off to India when we went looking for our manufacturing jobs. Just about the only livings left are jobs selling stuff, and hairdressing.

Not that this excuses taking advantage of those who are down on their luck.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2909 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I know, I know. Smile

Let's see, what can I come up with? How about a tonic that makes you creative, and laid back, and gives you lots of energy, and helps reduce depression. Only a few calories, low on caffeine, low on bad cholesterol, low on sodium. Low on sugar. And organic.

Main ingredient would be organic snake oil. No, make that purified spring water and then the snake oil.

Guess I'll spend some time in my lab this weekend... Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
See....my bay area brothers feel the pain....
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Fish oil's better than snake oil- it's in vogue now.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Did you know that tests have shown that the purist (least amount of contaminants) in fish oil is the Costco brand???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Job site my $@# (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL