The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » How to use a mem. deck? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MysteroMagic
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MysteroMagic
The system that worked best for me was a video by Rick Lax teaching you how to memorize the Mnemonica Stack. The video is sold by Penguin for $19.95. I found the name. Mnemonica Trainer by Rick Lax (Instant Download)$19.95. It’s well worth the money if your planning to memorize the Mnemonica Stack
DragonLore
View Profile
New user
Toronto
72 Posts

Profile of DragonLore
Doug Dyment’s thoughts on full deck stacks are also very much worth reading:
https://www.deceptionary.com/aboutstacks.html

It throws algorithmic stack in the mix of stacks to consider.
JuanPoop
View Profile
New user
Australia
86 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2022, MysteroMagic wrote:
The system that worked best for me was a video by Rick Lax teaching you how to memorize the Mnemonica Stack. The video is sold by Penguin for $19.95. I found the name. Mnemonica Trainer by Rick Lax (Instant Download)$19.95. It’s well worth the money if your planning to memorize the Mnemonica Stack

Plus 1 to this. It took about a week to get the system locked into my head, then about a year to make it almost natural. It was quite workable after just a few weeks, but I reckon a true mem deck takes quite a while to become second nature, with instant recall of every card to number and vice versa.

What is interesting is that, whilst I still have all of my Rick Lax notes, I cannot recall what many of the mnemonics are now. The deck has become its own thing.

One more comment is that, given I am not from USA, I altered quite a few of the mnemonics to things that meant something to me. Several of Rick’s associations were very USA centric, which is understandable, but it was easy to adjust a few and make them my own.

I agree - a good value purchase for any aspiring mem decker.
aka Lucky John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » How to use a mem. deck? (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL