The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cards For Kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1240 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Does anyone have a good source for a deck of picture cards for kids? I need colorful picture card that are the size of normal bicycle cards. Any help would be appreciated...
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Creative Magic do a range of Flash Cards that include the normal trick decks. Kids do like the look of them, especially younger one's who are used to seeing flash cards at home and in school.

http://www.creativemagic.net/flashcards.htm
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1240 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks magiciansapprentice - that is exactly what I needed.
Tony
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Every toy shop in the country stocks suitable cards. So does every tourist shop. Just look around.
Top Trump cards will prove a winner.
LVMagicAL
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of LVMagicAL
Try a teacher supply store for picture cards.....
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1240 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Y'all are right cards for kids are all over, drug stores, wal-mart, target, dollar stores, teacher supply stores, etc. But in all my looking I haven't found any that were the size of actual poker cards. Every place I have looked the flash cards are larger than normal poker cards. For most things that wouldn't matter, but for my purposes, I needed poker size flash cards, and I believe that is what Creative Magic has done.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I have two sets of each of the Creative Magic card decks: Standard, Memorized, Force Deck, One Way and Stripper. I use the ingenious Memorized deck all the time. Brilliant. Tony, you can find standard kid flash cards out there, but these decks were specifically created with magic in mind. They duplicate the four suits and 13 card values of a standard card deck without being at all obvious. Stick with these!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I'm looking for an alphabet deck - but WITHOUT pictures. I love the Creative Magic decks, and also have the full set - but I'd like to find a deck which has JUST the letters of the alphabet, printed large, with NO "index" letters.
Does anyone know where I may find these?
Thanks, Doug
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7408 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2010-07-04 12:57, Potty the Pirate wrote:
I'm looking for an alphabet deck - but WITHOUT pictures. I love the Creative Magic decks, and also have the full set - but I'd like to find a deck which has JUST the letters of the alphabet, printed large, with NO "index" letters.
Does anyone know where I may find these?
Thanks, Doug

Like this?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Doug, the cards Donald suggested are great. They're poker size and quality with just the letters. I use them in several effects, as well. I can highly recommend these.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Thanks, Donald and Skip. I placed my order. I also noticed (and bought) a couple of new Barry Mitchell items, I especially like the look of the "Thumb tip C****e Bag".
http://www.barrymitchellproducts.com/sto......ange_bag
What a great little item to have in your pocket for walk-around magic! For the price, it's a steal. I can envisage using this one a LOT. YOu could even come up with some cool routines using this - how about vanishing a large silk in a regular C****e bag, and then producing a miniature one from the TT bag? Lots of comedy potential.
Thanks for the link again, guys. I should keep my eye on Barry's site, he's so creative, and there's always something new and interesting he has to offer.
Doug Smile
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Every now and then I run into a kid with a magic kit who loves to explain to his friends how my regular change bags work. After the show, I'll pull them aside, congratulate the kid on his magic knowledge and invite him to demonstrate the bag for his friends. I'll pull out the TT bag, produce and vanish a silk then hand the bag to him. When he fails to find the gimmicks or the silk the look of surprise on his face (and spreading doubt on those of his friends) is priceless. Definitely a worthy weapon in our arsenal of mystic mayhem. Smile

Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-07-04 16:14, Skip Way wrote:
Every now and then I run into a kid with a magic kit who loves to explain to his friends how my regular change bags work. After the show, I'll pull them aside, congratulate the kid on his magic knowledge and invite him to demonstrate the bag for his friends. I'll pull out the TT bag, produce and vanish a silk then hand the bag to him. When he fails to find the gimmicks or the silk the look of surprise on his face (and spreading doubt on those of his friends) is priceless. Definitely a worthy weapon in our arsenal of mystic mayhem. Smile

Skip - that's cruel! And there I thought you were such a nice guy.
;)
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Muahahahahahahahaaaa! Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cards For Kids (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL