The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My ultimate grill table is finished... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Well, except for the bottle opener, which I'll hopefully pick up this weekend, and some screens to go around the base and keep my kid from getting burned.

There's plenty of room for a supplemental propane burner on the granite counter top, too, once I find a decent one. I'll be the first to admit I've got a tendency to overbuild, but in this case, better overbuilt than collapsed.

Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Looks nice!

Are you left handed?
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. Smile

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
HA! I'm a regular Sherlock Holmes!
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
The plans the Big Green Egg company offers on their website put the grill on the left side, too. That might mean their designers are left-handed, or it doesn't really matter which side the grill is on.

Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
That's a beaut! How do you avoid hitting those hooks and the tools hanging off them when using the granite top?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
That looks really nice. Well done!

John (rare)
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Thanks, all! Tonight's burger night- bring your own buns.

Tom, the granite top's got an 1 1/2" lip, same as the table itself, so I'm hoping the hooks won't be a problem... though I just completed the table last night and won't get a chance to use it till tonight. At least the hooks are rounded, so I won't impale myself if I do bump into them.

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
To think that it all started with your mental picture of it. There is nothing quite like a job well done. How many burgers will that grill hold? I guess you are going to do a lot of smoking too.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
First thing I thought....lefty.....

looks beautiful.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Al, the grill's got an 18" diameter- it'll do a whole mess of burgers. If I put in the plate setter for indirect cooking/smoking, it can hold a 20-lbs turkey. The ceramic's supposed to retain moisture much better than a metal grill, so a smoked turkey should stay very juicy. We'll find out this Thanksgiving, I guess...

Thanks, Santa, I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me Smile

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Great craftsmanship man, looks very well built AND is pleasing to the eye!

I've been mentally planning an outdoor kitchen for a few years now and you've given my enthusiasm a bump!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Looks great. I would move the plant life as it will die from the cooking, and the utinsils I am sure you will move eventually.

I have not used my oven in but a few times in many years except to bake. The grill is a greatoption and this one really looks nice. Is wooodworking a hobby or a profession? I ask because it is obviously done quite well. If this is not the "ultimate", it is certainly darm close!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I, too, am concerned about the plant and the humming birds that go to it. Are the legs stout enough?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Yep... that's a good one! Bon appétit!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
I just cooked two Spatchcock Cornish hens for my family's lunch on the grill; they turned out fantastic- incredibly juicy, with a hint of smokey flavor from the lump charcoal in the grill.

We're planning on cutting back the trumpet plant anyway- it grows like a weed and makes a mess all over the back yard. The legs are redwood 2x4's- six of them. Redwood's light, but very strong. I would be surprised if they don't hold.

Danny, I'm a generalist DIY guy as a hobby (this was the next project after I finished remodeling the master bathroom)- woodworking's just my favorite aspect of it. I've built a few other things, too- mainly furniture, but also an illusion or two. I'm a semi-perfectionist by nature- when I do something, I study up and try to do it right. You should see me at Halloween...

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What kind of libby enviromentalist are you? You've chopped down red wood trees, burned carbon, and ate birdies! You should have made the table out of recycled toilet paper rolls, used a mirror to heat the food, and the food should have been a bean sprout...

Have you ever seen a Passion Flower? It grows like an ivy and the flowers are beautiful, they do great in your neck of the woods.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My ultimate grill table is finished... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL