The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tony Corinda has Left the Building ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
That's sad news.

His '13 steps' is a great book, filled with beautiful ideas and written in a good tongue in cheek style.
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Tony Corinda laid the foundation stone that so many mentalists built their lives upon. A great loss to the mentalist community but an eternal contribution to the art.

RIP Tony.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2266 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Tony's service is being held at 3.15 P.M. on Thursday, 15 July, at Mintlyn Crematorium, Lynn Road, Bawsey, King's Lynn, Norfolk PE32 1HB.

The Funeral Director is - Thornalley Funeral Services, 51 - 55 St James St, King's Lynn, PE30 5BZ. Telephone 01553 771399. Flowers are welcome at the funeral or donations can be made to 'Guide Dogs for the Blind' charity.

There will shortly be an announcement in the Lynn News.
"Calculated Thoughts" now available at The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
13 Steps must be the most well known book on mentalism of all time.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
It is very sad news indeed. It might be me showing my age but I remember as a kid when the Magic bug bit going into Dick Chavel's Magic shop in Tottenham Court Road, London when Corinda was working there, then later he took it over. I remember buying from him the individual steps as they were published from him.

It use to be great living in London at the time, visiting all the magic shops all in one day. Corinda was less than five minutes walk from Davenports. I also use to go up to Harry Stanleys in Brewer Street, Ken Brooks Magic Place, Wardour Street, Oscar Oswald in Great Pultney street, then a trek up to Ron MacMillions in Leather Lane.

Those were the days, what memories!!!

May Corinda's dear soul rest in peace.
DeadDave
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
176 Posts

Profile of DeadDave
Thanks for everything, Tony!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
R.I.P. & thank you!

Mike
BryanKelly
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of BryanKelly
I'm going to update his wikipedia page. If any one has any more facts or respectful things to put on his page let me know, p.m. me links to articles about his life please.
BryanKelly
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of BryanKelly
I also need to know if there is a royalty free image of him that I can post as well.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
RIP Tony..
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
R.I.P
mrlollett
View Profile
New user
Florida
1 Post

Profile of mrlollett
Really sad news.
Rest In Peace Mr. Corinda.
david12345
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of david12345
A great loss
Rest in peace Tony.
edud
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of edud
I heard from someone that would know that Tony Corinda used to read the magic Café right up to his last days. When everyone was talking about him he was actually reading what was said, rolling his eyes, and sending messages to his friends saying "look what rubbish they are saying about me now!"

He is probably reading what I am saying now from another place. Rest in Peace, Tony.
Hilksha
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
10 Posts

Profile of Hilksha
R.I.P.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
May God bless you as you have blessed us, Tony.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
What sad news to have learned of Tony Corinda's recent passing.

The first mentalism book recommenced to me by my mentor was the "13 Steps" book. Mr. Corinda was a visionary and a living legend. His memory and his contribution to mentalism will long endure.

To quote Vlad77 (Cafe member): "May his memory be eternal".
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
edud
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of edud
It may be disrespectful for me to say so but I get a feeling that Tony is reading this from wherever he is and scoffing in a cynical manner at the sentiments expressed. I knew him reasonably well. He couldn't stand magicians except for a few old friends. He kept well away from the magic community and abhored visitors. If you phoned the great man and asked for a meeting you would be turned down. Many a prominent mentalist has been given the brush off by Tony.

I am amused to report that a famous mentalist turned up at his door to pay homage. He knocked and knocked on the door and rang the bell several times. Then he gave up and left. He had no idea that Corinda was looking out the window at him and waiting for him to go away.

He was actually not a recluse at all. He was in fact very sociable. But not to magicians or mentalists. I can just see him smirking at all the comments here.

Rest in peace, Tony. I am glad this thread is giving you a good laugh.
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
The world is now a much smaller place. A job well done Tony. Would that we could all leave such a big mark in this world. R.I.P.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2010-08-20 06:25, edud wrote:
It may be disrespectful for me to say so but I get a feeling that Tony is reading this from wherever he is and scoffing in a cynical manner at the sentiments expressed. I knew him reasonably well. He couldn't stand magicians except for a few old friends. He kept well away from the magic community and abhored visitors. If you phoned the great man and asked for a meeting you would be turned down. Many a prominent mentalist has been given the brush off by Tony.

I am amused to report that a famous mentalist turned up at his door to pay homage. He knocked and knocked on the door and rang the bell several times. Then he gave up and left. He had no idea that Corinda was looking out the window at him and waiting for him to go away.

He was actually not a recluse at all. He was in fact very sociable. But not to magicians or mentalists. I can just see him smirking at all the comments here.

Rest in peace, Tony. I am glad this thread is giving you a good laugh.

Edud,

"It may be disrespectful for me to say so but..."

"I am amused to report that..."

"I can just see him smirking at all the comments here."

"Rest in peace, Tony. I am glad this thread is giving you a good laugh."

Your instinct and inclination was correct Your comments were disrespectful and did nothing to honor or enhance the memory of Mr. Corinda. And, quite frankly, it did nothing to enhance your reputation in the magic or mentalism community.

That said, your post accomplished three things for certain:

One, it placed your disparaging comments about Mr. Corinda's alleged conduct out on a public forum and in the most inappropriate place possible--namely, in a thread by magicians and mentalist who are attempting to honor and eulogize Mr. Corinda, and,

Two, it allowed you to anonymously make your snarky comments with absolutely no substantiation of the allegations--thereby preventing the readers from being able to properly evaluate such comments in the context of who you are and the proper weight to give such comments, and,

Three, you were able to raise your Café posts total up to 56. I cannot wait to read post number 57.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tony Corinda has Left the Building ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL