The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Gaffed Cards are back from USPC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I posted a comment about this ins SAM Convention thread, but realized that there would be enough interest in this that it was probably worthy of a thread of its own.

At SAM I spoke to Richard "The Cheat" Turner who was at the convention promoting the new 809 Mandolin Back playing cards from USPC. Unlike the 808 Bicycles, the USPC WILL manufacture all gaffs for this deck which were once available for Bicycles.

Fore more info have a look here: http://bit.ly/cWW6j2

Here's the artwork for the cards and the box:

Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
That is very interesting news. Good news for magicians, but great news for USPCC, as they'll be able to sell all their gaffs to the same customer base again!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Maybe NOW someone will put these cards out in THIN stock...to create: Bike #809 PHIL DECKS.

A wish many of us have.
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
I can already hear spectators saying "Oh, Mandolins? Those are trick cards."
DavidKMagic
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of DavidKMagic
I can already hear spectators saying "Oh, Mandolins? Those are trick cards."-
John Sturk

I agree with your message, but I also have to think about all the different back cards I have used through the years. The different colors, etc. I have never heard anyone say that they are trick cards ( as least not in range of my ears ).
Besides, being a magician, some of the spectators that are hard core skeptics are going to see a regular Bicycle deck as trick cards anyway.
Personally I do not like the new backs either.
Mundus Vult Decipi, Ergo Decipiatur
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
For what it is worth, I watched Richard Turner work for a half hour before I realized that they weren't Bikes. Add to that the fact that the mandolins will be sold in the same place that you buy bikes, and the number of people that perform with other card backs, I really don't see this as an issue. Heck, I still prefer Tally's and vert few specs have ever seen that back design.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I've never heard a spectator say: "Oh, Haines House of Cards? Those are trick cards."
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2010-07-28 18:29, John Sturk wrote:
I can already hear spectators saying "Oh, Mandolins? Those are trick cards."

You're giving the people you perform for too much credit.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
No lay person will ever see any difference, nor even know to look for one. In fact I was using regular bike gaffs with a mandolin deck, no one noticed, it was an experiment. A magician may, but most will never see it. Far better than flaming birds to make a point. Do your job, entertain, and they wont even go down that path. If they do, you are doing soming very wrong. There is challenge magic, and then there is entertainment. Decide what you want to do.
Craig Simmons
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Craig Simmons
Gaffed cards were never GONE from the USPCC. I don't really get the meaning of the subject title.

808 gaffs are still available and are still being printed. (Except any that change the back design or the aces or Jokers).
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Quote:
On 2010-08-16 11:40, Craig Simmons wrote:
808 gaffs are still available and are still being printed. (Except any that change the back design or the aces or Jokers).

That is exactly what we were referring to.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Gaffed Cards are back from USPC (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL