The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just hired as full-time pastor! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Sadly, it has been my experience that a lot of "Christian" churches almost never crack open a Bible anymore...
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Really? I grant you it's been years since they tossed....er....I mean I moved to an area there are no churches but that makes no sense. Good thing you are in Idaho which has a more traditional view on things.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Congrats and kudos to you and you new position Scott...may God provide you with continuing inspiration to spread the Gospel, Amen!

Yours in Christ,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
If they served beer, I'd be there every Sunday!

Scott, congratulations on this wonderful oportunity to serve!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Dom: Thanks a lot!

Chris: We don't serve beer at church, but you could go out for one after! Thanks!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Seems things that start with the letter B is taboo at someo of these churches...no bibles, beer, or bare breasted babes I'm bettin'.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Santa, you're not paying attention - BBB's would be distracting during the service, but you can go out for one after.

Having grown up in an isolated rural community I have fond memories of small churches, despite my non-belief. In my hometown they were important social hubs and I remember lovely old ladies, who contrary to popular perception, were not nosey do-gooders, but good hearted women who genuinely wanted to, and did, contribute to the well being of their neighbours.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

That's just the kind of little church this is, Destiny. We have a group of ladies who volunteer with a local halfway house for women. They go there with a meal for all the ladies, spend time talking to them, and just love them. We also have some guys who go to the jail to visit the men there and let them know that we're here to pray for them, etc.

I believe (as does my church) that unless the shoe leather meets the road, you're not particularly devoted to your beliefs.
My Lybrary Page
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Scott's having a mega sale on his webiste before he closes it to take on his new full time gig:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=159&0
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
Congratulations!

Just wondering, did you attend seminary?

CW
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Bible College.
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just hired as full-time pastor! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL