The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A Card Merely Thought Of (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
How many pages were there in the e-book? Don't you have to have so many pages to make a hard back book? Plus the size of the book also comes into play.

I never got the E-book but I have had books printed. I would do a small run of 500 and leave it at that. You will have books left over.

I also think that doing a DVD of the material that is in the E-book might pay off better than a simple book. Once again a small number printed and wrapped.

A combination of book w/DVD would be really cool but because of the small market for this kind of stuff it may not be wise to do. So maybe a DVD with a down loadable E-book would fit the bill.

I have always printed and bind all my E-books expect ONE. The one that I couldn't print had a block on it that made it unprintable (for most). I hate it when I buy an e-book and can't print it out. What a big bunch of crap that is (you know who you are).

I imagine that the mention E-book must have been good but once again the responses so far (on the CAFÉ) overshadow the need for a print job. From the SMALL number of people who are interested don’t make the print job profitable. I understand the reasoning of offering a real book and that is to raise money so I think that a DVD may be the way to go here.

How many E-books were sold (I do not want to know)? That would give you the answer of printing it up or not. I also would think that many of the ones that have the e-book will not buy a hard copy simply because they already have the printed word. I really see a DVD being better here.

Ray
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
The ebook was very well received.

Not interested in doing a DVD when people are happy with the book.

- entity
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-07-07 00:56, entity wrote:
The ebook was very well received.

Not interested in doing a DVD when people are happy with the book.

- entity

Than a book it is.

Ray
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Oh, and by the way, I am also interested in a hard copy of this book.

-rob
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Oh yes a hard back would be great!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
I am Interested
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Times like this I realise how lucky I am to have owned this..
highly recommended, id also be interested in seeing contributions.
Louis Cipher
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Louis Cipher
I am in

(_Louis Cipher_)
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
One of the most popular threads is always something like "the best thought of card effect". I have always wanted Tom's ebook and so I am excited that he will make it available again (whether in hardback or ebook). If the book were expanded to have many contributions regarding other thought of effects, I believe people would be willing to pay more. Many of these routines cost $10-$30 for a single method. Therefore, a book sampling many methods from many contributors could legitmately sell for around $75 and still be a bargain.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Hello All:

I've put the hard-cover book into the works, and placed an ad on the top of the Workers Forum, so have a look and click on the ad and all will be revealed.

I wanted to place the ad here, but Steve says there's no room left.

- entity
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

COOL!!!!!!!!

Ray
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I love it. Great job!

Regards,
Mike
The Manipulator
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of The Manipulator
Very interested!
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Overnight response has been amazing! Thanks!

- entity
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Congrats mate!

I honestly think if a genuine mind reader was going to use cards in their act, this is how it would look!

Col
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Thanks, Colin.

No gushing.

But I agree.

- entity
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
By the way, to all those who've sent in orders for the First Hardcover Edition, my email service provider tells me that they're experiencing problems with a number of US and European-based email servers. I currently am able to receive your emails and orders (60 of 100 signed and numbered copies already spoken for in just 2 days -- thanks!)but some of the acknowledgment emails I'm sending out, (especially to Comcast.net subscribers and brutele.be), are bouncing back to me as undeliverable.

Please know that I've got your orders and they're recorded, and I'll be in touch as soon as the email issue is sorted out.

Cheers,

- entity
vinnymac
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of vinnymac
Hi Tom,

This is great news. May I ask if you know, approximately how much new material the hard copy version will contain?

Thanks,
V.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Vinny: re: new material -- Along with all of the original historical and performance material that was so well-received in the ebook, the First Hard-cover Edition of A Card Merely Thought Of... will include some revisions on the originally written material (new information has come to light); also 2 new routines by me, contributions from Mick Ayres, Sean Waters, David Alexander and Hector Chadwick (who also writes the Foreword for the book); and more historical info.

- entity
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A Card Merely Thought Of (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL