The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon sticks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kmf
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of kmf
How many of you give out your balloon creations on balloon sticks? They do make the creations look better and make the creations more animated but I'm worried about kids using the sticks as weapons.
Rob the Balloon Guy
View Profile
New user
West Hartford, CT
96 Posts

Profile of Rob the Balloon Guy
It's hard to give out hats on a stick.
tom hughes
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of tom hughes
I give out most of my non- hat creations on sticks. I think you are right, the balloon appears more "valuable" presented this way plus if ( for example) you put the stick through the legs of a dog it becomes harder for the child to untwist... and thus reduces "it just came untwisted" returns.

Never had an issue with them being used as weapons.

tom
http://www.ashevillemagic.com
http://www.themagictomshow.com
magician/magic show in asheville w.n.c.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Quote:
On 2010-07-07 14:54, tom hughes wrote:
Never had an issue with them being used as weapons.
tom

Ditto
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Never used stick why spen more money on sticks? Spen the money on the balloons and make better stuff.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I thought about doing Parades and selling my Balloons up and down the parade route. I thought of using the sticks and having the balloons pre-made with them on sticks so I can easily trasport them in the side of a tube with holes drilled in it to accept the stick. With that said, it was only a thought I haven't tried it yet.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Perry D Winkle
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Perry D Winkle
I use a clear balloon and make a variation of pirate sword that has about one inch un-inflated at the end. The variant goes like this; Inflates all but 3" of the balloon, then twist a one inch bubble and a twist into it a 6" fold, pull the balloon 80% of the way through the fold so that you are left with a handle. So it's a pirate sword without all the tiny bubbles running up the handle and having an un-inflated tip of a inch or so remaining.

I then wrap the un-inflated tip into the balloon I'm giving out.

The child then has a clear 'stick' with a handle that they can hold onto.

This works good when someone asks me for a flying something, or a swimming something, etc.
Lady Vee
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Lady Vee
When I first started out I used sticks alot, and they can make balloons very cute, and I thought I would lose something when I stopped using them, but like Perry, I use another 260 to attach the main balloon onto - this gives a sense of value as well and it can show that your care that the kid doesn't lose the ballon or let it blow away to the wind!

Plus - they are an extra expense and need to carry them about!

Vee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Balloon sticks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL