The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Impromptu trick some people might like (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I just got back from a show. After the show, outside the library a kid came up and showed me how he could "magically" turn one leaf into two. I smiled and said it was a good one, but maybe needed a little work.

Then I did a trick that I used to do more often. I like doing and I figure that at least some of you might like it to. I asked to hold one of the leaves and asked him if he knew what color the leaf was. Of course, he said green.

I told him that the light has all the colors on it and that the leaf absorbs these colors and reflects back the green to his eyes, so that in a way the leaf actually contains ALL the colors. While I was explaining this I was wrapping the leaf into a tube and removing a small rainbow from it. I showed hin all the beautiful colors that were in the leaf, then I put them back inside the leaf and gave it to him.

His eyes grew very wide when he saw the rainbow, then he was speechless for a few moments, then he tore the leaf to pieces trting to get a rainbow out of it himself! Smile

So I don't know, if you like it give it a try. I've also taken rainbows out of playing cards, had people make a wish and then put the rainbow back and keep the card as a good luck charm. If I had personalized playing cards I would probably do it more often. I always do Jeff McBride's magic wishing rainbow trick.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
OK, so maybe people don't like the idea! Smile
If you have a TT and a rainbow streamer give it a try, you might change your mind.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
McBride goes everywhere with a TT loaded with a rainbow streamer...so you are in good company.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Impromptu trick some people might like (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL