The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Transparent Elastic thread for gimmicked cards ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MindBrigade
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MindBrigade
Anyone know where I can find that type of elastic thread ( resistant and transparent and veryyy elastic ) that some gimmicked cards use instead of dental dam ?

Thanks
J.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Craig Dickson at http://www.wizardcraft.com should be able to take care of you.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
PM'ed you.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Does someone know an adress in Europe ?
At the local hobby shop I've found some but it's too thick and not elastic enough...
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Can't you find it in crafting or hobbies shop? My wife told me it is usually used for making bracelet with beads.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Quote:
On 2010-07-09 04:44, Failed Magician wrote:
Can't you find it in crafting or hobbies shop? My wife told me it is usually used for making bracelet with beads.

Yup I know but that's too thick + less elastic
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
I PMed the OP with the stuff that I use but I may as well put it here too. You can get this in many places on the net. This is just one.

http://www.spinblessing.com/item.php?art=4002279105505

The stuff that's used for jewelry is pretty thick and doesn't have much elasticity to it. This stuff is thinner and more elastic and its strong.

This is the same type of thread the is used in a lot of marketed effects right now . Smile Smile

You can buy this from one magic store who's name I won't mention here (But it starts with an E) as a refill for a certain effect. They sell it for $5.00 plus shipping for about 10 feet of the thread. The spool that I have listed above contains around 650 feet of thread.

As far as getting it in Europe.... I'm sure someone has to have it over there. If nothing else I can't see international shipping being that costly for something like this.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Found it today !
I visited an garment/ handcraft shop (after visiting about 7 other shops like this one)and they sold it for € 2,70 (200 meters !!)
I've compared it with a piece of a commercial gimmick and it looks the same, feels the same and in my opinion it reacts faster....
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Oh wait.....when I look at the spinblessing link haha it's the same I've bought today Smile It's great and highly recommended.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
How appropos!! The page Voldemort gave us is a sewing shop whose logo is a RABBIT!!!

THAT is cool Smile

Vlad

PS: This post is a sorry attempt in my quest to catch Jonathan Townsend and Bill Palmer in number of posts. But, it IS substantive! I mean, really it is ... rabbits, magic, and of course Voldemort being a wizard and ....

Ack, I give up Smile
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
I swear to you I didn't even notice the Rabbit Vlad!!

The Turkish have a word for it. I believe its "kismet".

Everything has come together then, And the universe is unfolding as it should. Smile

I'm glad you found some over there Bietfriek. This stuff is really great and one spool of it will probably last you a lifetime!
"Flight from death"
MindBrigade
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MindBrigade
Yeah thanks a lot voldemort for pointing this out.
I m curious about finding other kind of thread ( like kevlar, elastic/invisible thread for reels etc ) on sites like that.
rodrigomc2000
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of rodrigomc2000
Quote:
On 2010-07-09 07:24, Voldemort wrote:
I PMed the OP with the stuff that I use but I may as well put it here too. You can get this in many places on the net. This is just one.

http://www.spinblessing.com/item.php?art=4002279105505

The stuff that's used for jewelry is pretty thick and doesn't have much elasticity to it. This stuff is thinner and more elastic and its strong.

This is the same type of thread the is used in a lot of marketed effects right now . Smile Smile

You can buy this from one magic store who's name I won't mention here (But it starts with an E) as a refill for a certain effect. They sell it for $5.00 plus shipping for about 10 feet of the thread. The spool that I have listed above contains around 650 feet of thread.

As far as getting it in Europe.... I'm sure someone has to have it over there. If nothing else I can't see international shipping being that costly for something like this.

Up!

This is the best elastic thread to build gimmick cards for effects like (rising card and other used for Henry Evans) ? http://www.spinblessing.com/item.php?art=4002279105505

Im trying find a good elastic thread for build gimmick cards too...

Rodrigo
juliusmagic
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville
25 Posts

Profile of juliusmagic
Bought it- it's great!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2010-07-09 19:31, MindBrigade wrote:
Yeah thanks a lot voldemort for pointing this out.
I m curious about finding other kind of thread ( like kevlar, elastic/invisible thread for reels etc ) on sites like that.
I picked up some very good elastic from a fishing tackle shop,strong and not to thick and come's in different thickness grades, if that's any help?.
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Fire Starter,

Do you have the name of the product that you bought at the fishing shop? I'll give it a try.

Mike
Do your best and forget the rest
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2012-06-17 11:31, TheSphinx wrote:
Fire Starter,

Do you have the name of the product that you bought at the fishing shop? I'll give it a try.

Mike
Sorry so late to reply, just seen your post, it's just bait elastic, they will have many different brands I would of thought and all should do the job , not expensive.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Spin blessing seems to no longer carry it. Any other place to buy a spool of it in US? I need it in larger sizes since I am experimenting.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Bait elastic is the way to go ,cheap as well, just go to a local fishing tackle shop that sells sea fishing tackle,hope this helps.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I will check it out. I found the other stuff in the UK. I will have 600 feet of it. If anyone needs some I could part with some for a few bucks and will not do as others do and charge $4.95 postage or include a DVD one does not need.
It will bee a week or two since it is coming Royal Air mail.

I will check out the bait stuff. I looked at bracelet elastic and confirm as someone posted, it looses it s elastic properties with one pull and not the same stuff.

What I was disappointed with was that I used to get this in walmart or sewing stores and no longer find it. The Spin blessing person responded that they are "fresh out"
and it did not seem like they were going to get it. Yes Craig has it but today he is gone until the 27th so I figured I would wait the same time to order from the UK.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Transparent Elastic thread for gimmicked cards ? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL