The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Wave By Gary Jones & Mark Bendell (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Then it's becoming a dream effect! Shorten it, forget the cards, ignore your second prediction, talk about the symbol and what it means..., then show your prediction of the card. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
bghost
View Profile
New user
USA
93 Posts

Profile of bghost
Quote:
On 2010-08-11 15:27, JanForster wrote:
Then it's becoming a dream effect! Shorten it, forget the cards, ignore your second prediction, talk about the symbol and what it means..., then show your prediction of the card. Jan

Nice Smile this could work.
However, since performer already written the 2nd prediction it is kind of weird to just pull it off and only deal with the 1st prediction.

Here is my thought:
At the first phase let the audience choose any icon,
then tell them: "you know what? choose another one, cause I don't want you to think I am affecting you or something." let him/her make a final decision and lock it in his/her head.

If the audience name "the card" in the second phase then you can use the some line to make sure your routine can move on successfully without suspicion. (make the changing cards reasonable)
Of course it is not as intuitive as normal situation but it might help you out of a dilemma.

Bare with my nonsense. Smile

Bin
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
You still could show your second prediction if you don't sell it as a prediction... saying something like, "most people are choosing this symbol and say AH... but you were choosing this symbol and said 5C (e.g.), I knew you were saying 5C..." Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-08-11 14:28, bghost wrote:
Got it today. Love it! It is so direct and clean and hit the audience so hard.
There is only one problem with the routine, although it might happen rarely.
What if the audience names "the card"?

Check out my routine on the DVD, this is ideal for 'table-hopping' and the above won't happen! If you use Peter Nardi's presentation and they name the same card as you, bingo, you have a stunning coincidence! Complement the spectator on their awesome mind power and then ask either someone else to name a card (or ask the same person to name another card) either way the effect becomes even stronger Smile

As for the back design, this is just a magician thing!! Due to the pack having symbols drawn on them you have the perfect excuse to pop that pack away and bring out your bikes!! Love the Tally Ho idea though, I'll be using that idea, thanks!

Thank you for all the positive comments, there are just so many ways to play this, the DVD only gives the basics, but from what I've heard many are turning this into really great pieces of mentalism.

And don't forget, you could also use with this a p##k wallet and a whiteboard marker as the card is made of the same matirial as a credit card!!!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
I have been using Garys handling, just using 1 business card, for me this is clear to the spectators to see your open prediction.

Due to the many presentational plots this is where the magic is & I am having great fun performing this.

Mark Southworth
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Nice trick, even it's just another different style of Phil Deck. But using ESP symbols give stronger effect instead of just names. Just wondering about the special cards...
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Anyone else had to smile as Gary looks for the coffee cup, commenting "...ah, at the very end!" being halfway through the deck?
Now that's what I call magician's thinking...! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

What do you think if we wrote a wrong card prediction with the correct one? I mean, if the card is 8C, would it be more powerful if we also wrote 4D but we crossed it?

I've seen a master mentalist here that predicts the World Cup Final Match. He made the correct final score next to the wrong one.

I think, this will prove that somehow we are human and covered with uncertainty or mistake, but somehow we were able to uncover it and 'read' the correct precognition or prediction.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-08-18 12:18, Failed Magician wrote:
What do you think if we wrote a wrong card prediction with the correct one? I mean, if the card is 8C, would it be more powerful if we also wrote 4D but we crossed it?

I've seen a master mentalist here that predicts the World Cup Final Match. He made the correct final score next to the wrong one.

I think, this will prove that somehow we are human and covered with uncertainty or mistake, but somehow we were able to uncover it and 'read' the correct precognition or prediction.

I really love this idea, I will give this a try over the next few nights to see how it plays. Great stuff.

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

It came to my mind yesterday when I performed this trick for a co-worker. She said that she had changed her mind four times before she picked that symbol but still I could predict which card that has that symbol.

So, IMHO, this will work strong if we -casually- tell them that they can change their mind as many times as they want before picked a final decision. After the final reveal, you can say to them that somehow you were predicting about different card but you could overcome the uncertainty.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-08-18 21:41, Failed Magician wrote:
It came to my mind yesterday when I performed this trick for a co-worker. She said that she had changed her mind four times before she picked that symbol but still I could predict which card that has that symbol.

So, IMHO, this will work strong if we -casually- tell them that they can change their mind as many times as they want before picked a final decision. After the final reveal, you can say to them that somehow you were predicting about different card but you could overcome the uncertainty.

Just to let you know your above presentation works a treat and this is how I'll be doing Thought Wave from now on, thank you.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Good to know! I'm waiting for my next chance to perform this. I think by giving a somehow wrong prediction could end the trick with stronger effect. From now on, my prediction will have one 'wrong' prediction.
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Quote:

I agree this does add to the effects reaction & defiantly plays stronger, only tried it this way a few times but will give it more time tomorrow at a wedding.

I will let you know how it plays out.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-08-27 18:37, sas wrote:
Quote:

I agree this does add to the effects reaction & defiantly plays stronger, only tried it this way a few times but will give it more time tomorrow at a wedding.

I will let you know how it plays out.

Mark, this idea really plays strong, I don't use the 'wrong prediction' with every group but for some reason you just know the right people this will play strong for!

Alakazam are running a massive 15% off all orders placed over this Bank Holiday at the moment, this also includes Alakazam USA, now is the time to grab this and many more bargains!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Not sure of the "out" but what do we do if the spectator "insists" on choosing "the card". Could we not be surprised to find it gone from the deck only to be found as the card with the chosen symbol? Might even be a stronger finish.
crestfallenLyric
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of crestfallenLyric
Judging by the reviews, this looks like my next purchase.

Is this repeatable to the same audience? (Just wondering, even though I wouldn't).
"It is better for a man to honor his profession, than to be honored by it." - Robert-Houdin
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Not repeatable with the same deck without changing the entire routine. However, it would make a perfect ending effect for your act.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Now, I want to know about your opinion when performing this for some people. This trick is really excellent for an one-on-one session.

So, what presentation do you do when performing this for -let's say- a group of 4 or 5 people. How do you manage so they won't interfere with the whole process that could kill the climax/ending, but without making them feeling left out.

Or we just concentrate on one person only or you actually let them to decide which symbol or card they want to pick? Will it have stronger effect if we let one person choose the symbol and the other one choose the card suit?

Thanks in advance.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2010-08-31 09:10, Failed Magician wrote:
Now, I want to know about your opinion when performing this for some people. This trick is really excellent for an one-on-one session.

So, what presentation do you do when performing this for -let's say- a group of 4 or 5 people. How do you manage so they won't interfere with the whole process that could kill the climax/ending, but without making them feeling left out.

Or we just concentrate on one person only or you actually let them to decide which symbol or card they want to pick? Will it have stronger effect if we let one person choose the symbol and the other one choose the card suit?

Thanks in advance.

Good question, you can have one spectator to choose a symbol, one to choose the card colour, one to choose the suit, and finally, one to choose the card value, this would really make it an audience participation effect!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Ok, so it's ok to do this with a group of people. Because I mostly perform for my students, so one-on-one session is a bit hard to do unless I perform for a co-worker in our office room.

I always thought that precognition or prediction tricks would always be strongest if performed one-on-one. But I'm glad if you say this would make an audience participation effect.

I'll try this next time for my students.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Wave By Gary Jones & Mark Bendell (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL