The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » My new dove aviary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Here's the new home for my doves. I used Professor Spellbinder's instructions with some sleight modifications and added the optional heating system. Since this photo was taken, I changed the chickenwire frame to a hinged frame that opens and flyscreen over top of the chicken wire (to keep the wasps out). I also replaced the perches that my helper mistakenly painted. I will update this photo with it later.

Spellbinder was extremely helpful with answering any questions I had during the building process.

Unfortunately they haven't been able to use it much lately because of the 102 deg weather we've been having. Someone needs to invent a portable air conditioner Smile

http://www.mikepmagic.com/images/doves/Aviary.jpg

Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Nice aviary, Mike. By the way, how did you make out with the rule about no aviaries at your house? I can't imagine anyone objecting to this structure but you never know.
Where the magic begins
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Dave,
When I spoke to the county, they were more concerned with large aviaries than something like this so hopefully it will not be a problem.
Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Looks real good Mike, thanks for sharing ther pic. Glad to hear the powers to be were just worried about big aviaries.
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
And you've got it in a great spot, sheltered from the wind. During the winter you might want to move it into the sun to help with heating (depending on the climate where you live).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » My new dove aviary (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL