The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My 16-month old is an escape artist in training. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
I watched last night as my 16-month old son toddled over to the mesh gate separating the family room from the dining room. The latch is too strong and high for him to open, but instead, he undid the velcro, pushed the mesh down, crawled through, pulled the mesh back up, and tried to reattach the velcro to hide his tracks.

He also loves hiding in curtains, playing in water, and being held upside down. This kid just may turn out to be the next Houdini...

(I keep telling him to use his powers for good, not evil. I hope it sinks in.)
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
PRICELESS!!!!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
For years, my father told people about when I was 18-months old and kept showing up in the living room after they thought they'd put me to bed. My dad looked all over the crib for how I was getting out. Finally, he watched me after putting me to bed. It seemed the lower section of the crib against the wall could be moved out, but only from the inside! So he watched as I shoved the crib away from the wall with my feet, worked my way out and then pushed the crib back up against the wall!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
That's great!

Have to wait about 20 years before we see him perform an Escape Show though...

Keep us posted.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My 16-month old is an escape artist in training. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL