The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sin City DVD by Luke Dancy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Caught this on the Murphys website. BIG Luke fan here, so anything new he releases goes on my radar.

http://murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=43463

A Misleading Situation
It's not just visual...it's a miracle. A pencil sharpens right in front of the spectator's eyes in your bare hand.

Impulsive
OMG!...another 4 ace production.

Need help? Call 911.

Stuck on Daley
The best *** thing on this DVD.

Sandwich way did they go?
No gimmicks this time.

For the move monkeys...
To The Table - Better than it sounds!
Under Control - Subtlety meets sleight of hand.
SHADOWPASS - How would you describe something you can't see???
Bonus Effect
Cubed Up - For all the extra cool guys...just suck it up!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
I want this, luke is a seriously clever guy,
cheers for the heads up.

sdp.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Looks great!

Regards,
Mike
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Wait till you see the shadow pass......
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Ooooh MAN!!

Not more money to spend! This is a must buy for me, I like the way that Dancy brain ticks!!

Ben
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Great add copy, doesn't really tell you anything. What's 911 a card trick? coin? what? I wish produces would give better descriptions, at least a general one on what it is. It seems to be the accepted thing these days
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Takeachance,

911 is one of my favorite impromptu card effects and has a great storyline to go along with it.

As always if there are questions about any of the routines on the DVD (or any of my other products) I'm here to help out and can ALWAYS be reached via e-mail at luke@lukedancy.com

I'm updating my website to begin accepting orders now because I just fell coming in the door with 11 boxes of DVDs around me. You can find 2 demo clips for the DVD at my website.

luke
http://www.lukedancy.com
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Many thanks for the update on 911 Luke. that's the type of description needed to communicate what the DVD is about. I didn't realise you were a member here, but appriciate you answering, particularly in person
cheerz
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Takeachance,

No worries man, glad to help you out. I posted a quick video talking about the DVD and the effects on it if you'd like more information you can find the video right under the picture of the DVD at...

luke
Magikevin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Magikevin
Luke,
looks and sounds great. Pencil sharpening in the hand, love it,
sucking ice through a straw to end up in your mouth, love it. Im going to support this DVD just because of these two effects. Love the idea of being able to do some magic with ice, a straw and a cup.

Great work. I'm buying this baby!

Kevin
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Kevin,

Anyone on my mailing list that orders the DVD also receives an additional unpublished effect that is sent over in PDF format. This way you have something new to play with while you wait for the DVD to arrive. Good times!

luke
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Ordering on thursday Smile
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Anyone nearby NYC should also make sure they come in to Tannen's on Tuesday night to catch Luke's lecture. Can't wait for it myself!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Kevin,

I'm looking forward to the lecture as well. Last night in Philly I did a workshop/session with Dan White and it was a lot of fun. This time I'm flying solo but who knows we may have a special guest or two pop up.

See you there!

Also, if you're looking to pick up Sin City I'm still running the special with the unpublished effect. The guys last night were going crazy over the self-sharpening pencil thing....A Misleading Situation

luke
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Luke's lecture:

Wrapping up his third season of Criss Angel-Mindfreak as senior magic consultant Luke Dancy hits the road to present an evening of creative interaction and brainstorming. You only get lectured at when you've done something wrong so forget about the typical boring and proper lectures you have come to know. Let's think of this as a session that Luke just so happens to be leading.

Along the way you will learn NEW and UNPUBLISHED material that ranges from effects with pencils, ice cubes, coins and of course playing cards. You will also get an inside look at Luke's creative process and how he applies it to his own magic, magic for other magicians and on television. REAL PEOPLE do not care about aces assembling or being twisted so get ready for some fresh NEW closeup magic that you WILL use.

This tour presents the debut of Luke's BRAND NEW DVD “Sin City” Most of the effects from the DVD will be taught along with... -VISIBLY sucking an ice cube up a straw and into your mouth!

-Testing a spectator's intuition. This is Luke's GO-TO effect that introduces the magic world to the LD off-balance concept that destroys spectators.

-The Ring...vanishes, transpositions and other madness with a NEW principle in sleight of hand!

-Move monkey madness. After ten years Luke FINALLY tips the Shadow Pass and two other utility moves that the move monkey's are going to devour.

-Visibly manipulating the writing on a borrowed coin. Closeup mischief that fools laymen and magicians alike.

-And a whole lot more!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Dates? Locations?
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
The lectures coming up are..

Tannens Magic in NYC (Tonight, July 20th at 7pm)

Denny & Lee Magic Studio (Baltimore, MD) Friday July 23rd at 7pm

Marc Desouza's Magic Theatre (Philadelphia area) Tuesday July 27th at 7pm
contact Fkaps@aol.com for exact info

See you there!

luke
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
On the train now heading home after the lecture and grabbing a bite with Luke and some of the local guys. Must say, fabulous lecture. Luke was incredibly generous and really tipped his hand and opened his brain to everyone. Shared some effects from Sin City, as well as some other items. Many thanks to Luke for being so open. You folks near Baltimore and Philly should really do your best to make this lecture, you'll learn some great magic. For those who can't, pick up Sin City, or jam with Luke at themagicsession.com. Learned some great pieces tonight that I can't wait to work on.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
simonlebon
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of simonlebon
Quote:
On 2010-07-20 14:45, Luke Dancy wrote:
The lectures coming up are..

Tannens Magic in NYC (Tonight, July 20th at 7pm)

Denny & Lee Magic Studio (Baltimore, MD) Friday July 23rd at 7pm

Marc Desouza's Magic Theatre (Philadelphia area) Tuesday July 27th at 7pm
contact Fkaps@aol.com for exact info

See you there!

luke

and in europe??? ;-)
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Hey Luke,

Just purchased Sin City. Looking forward to watching you and your amazingly creative ideas.

Take care, my friend.

John G
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sin City DVD by Luke Dancy (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL