The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Working with Big Cats (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
A theoritical question...

Lets just say one was a skilled and experienced illusionist. Said illusionist wanted to incorporate big cats into their illusions. Assuming that space, and money wasnt an issue, how easy would it be? Would you have to train with the animals or could you simply hire a trainer to do that for you? Where you get a cat from?

It seems to me that most illusionist that use cats live with them. Whereas the have a farm or sanctuary on their property. Is there an alternative to that?
Aftereight
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aftereight
Write to Mr. Paul Daniels, the best magician of all time.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/thepauldaniels

He will tell you everything you want to know. He worked with all sorts of animals: mices, apes and elephants, etc and if you buy his Masterclass CD collection, you will also get some ideas of how he worked with small and big animals. There is also a great anecdote where I believe Mr Lance Burton wached his show with mice and at the end he said "You don't need big cats for a big show" Something like that, it's been a while since I heard this anecdote.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
If you are looking into all options, then rearing one might be more fulfilling.

As demonstrated here. Get Expert Advice of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqhJuwUukX8&feature=related

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3629 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Be sure your insurance is paid up.

Jim
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I've worked with big cats.. and I can get you in touch wiht some GREAT people.. but I'm not going to do it here..
I'll send you a PM..

and I hope that money isn't an issue.. the cats are expensive.. the housing and food are expensive.. and the VET bills are expensive.

Permits are hard to come by.. and one neighbor concern or complaint can put a damper on the whole process..

I know some people do it.. but it's not easy.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I worked with big cats as well for a well-known act in Las Vegas.

MakeUpGuy is absolutely right! I hope money is not an option as you consider cites zoning laws as to where you have to live to be able to house your felines, permits to own them, vet expenses, food, transport, safety for you and your crew members, insurance for your home and within the theater, and the list goes on...

They are amazing animals but you still have to remember they are WILD animals.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like...

~Bryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Working with Big Cats (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL