The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Where's the rope?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Lately Ive been having trubble finding 50' hanks of yellow soft rope. Nobody that I normally deal with seems to have any. Anybody have any suggestions??? I could use some yesterday. TIA.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
I have the same problem in Australia.

I was thinking of dying my own. I am not sure if it will affect the rope though. At least it would give me a choice of colours though.

I will let you know how it goes.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Start with white cotton rope from Baronian Trading dot com and dye with liquid dyes available in most supermarkets in the laundry asile. In the USA, we have RIT brand liquid dyes. The biggest problem is hanging it up to dry after dying, so work out that problem first before you even start!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
728 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Doesn't most online dealers carry those Uday ropes that come in multiple colors?
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
http://www.rope.ws
300' spools available
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Ian

Parlor or stage diameter?

Cheers
Frank
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-07-16 05:25, yin_howe wrote:
Doesn't most online dealers carry those Uday ropes that come in multiple colors?

On the surface it looks like they do but order some and see how fast its back ordered.

Ian, I just tried to order from you but for some reason your cart isn't working for me.

Spellbinder, I guess dying my own might be a solution but I hope it doesn't come to that. I'm short of time for projects as it is.

Thanks everyone for the advice and comments, that's what I love about the internet and magic. Smile
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2010-07-16 09:40, Frank Douglas wrote:
Ian

Cheers
Frank

Its a good diameter, probably 5/8", I use it on stage.
Quote:
Ian, I just tried to order from you but for some reason your cart isn't working for me.

Cart is working on my end.
You can just e-mail me with your request and I can send you a paypal invoice.
magicians@aol.com
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2010-07-16 09:40, Frank Douglas wrote:
Ian

Cheers
Frank

1/2" hollow core
Not Uday, imported by Loftus
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-07-16 12:30, magicians wrote:....Cart is working on my end.....

OK, Ill give it another try.

Nope, I click on "Add to Cart" and it shows "Nothing in Cart". Ill try to email you later when I get back.

Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Ian

Thanks. 1/2" will work pretty much for both parlor and stage.

Cheers
Frank
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
197 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
I also carry the 10mm with core in red. Not listed on the website because it was a special order and I'm not planning on having variety of colors. I think I have about 7-8 coils of 100meters.
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Yellow is what I am ineested in. Much better contrast than the red against a black background. In my oppinion it shows better than white also.

JM2CW

Cheers
Frank
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians

the price is based quantity. takes a week to get
in stock. pm me to order
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Ian

How vibrant is the yellow?
Is it a pale yellow or a good, rich, deep yellow?

Cheers
Frank
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2010-07-17 09:56, Frank Douglas wrote:
Ian

How vibrant is the yellow?
Is it a pale yellow or a good, rich, deep yellow?

Cheers
Frank

Frank, that's why I posted the above picture. I do not stock it, I only order it for a few clients. More a pale yellow.
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
I think the white would show better than that pale yellow.

Looks like I'll have to look into dying a few test batches.

Thanks Ian

Cheers
Frank
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Im looking for something a richer, more golden color myself. Here's an example of what Im looking for. The pic is kind of small but maybe you can see the color. I can use white if I need to but I like the yellow. Ive got some but need to get more.

magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Last time I ordered, I forgot to keep a sample.

The blue would contrast nicely
Actual colors are deeper than catalog shots
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-07-17 15:15, magicians wrote:...Actual colors are deeper than catalog shots...

If that's the case maybe the yellow is a little deeper too. I may have to try some of that. Let me think about what I might need. Thanks for your help. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Where's the rope?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL