The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Real Climategate Scandal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2010-08-17 14:34, rockwall wrote:
From John's very first post:

"The long-awaited release of the Russell panel report in the U.K. should finally put to rest the scientific controversies surrounding the so-called Climategate scandal"

So ... after 17 pages, (and counting), I'm guessing ..... not.


The scientific controversy has pretty much been decided. It's the emotional ones that are still hotly debated here. Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Climate models use faulty math, you say tjat things are skewed to make things cooler and this all means the science is settled to you? Your view points to a socialist solution so you are satisfied. Again John where are yo point out that inherant dishonesty?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2010-08-17 15:26, Dannydoyle wrote:
Climate models use faulty math, you say tjat things are skewed to make things cooler and this all means the science is settled to you? Your view points to a socialist solution so you are satisfied. Again John where are yo point out that inherant dishonesty?


If you can show the faulty math (and I can understand it) I'll be right with you. So where is this faulty math?

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2010-08-17 15:01, Payne wrote:
[
The scientific controversy has pretty much been decided. It's the emotional ones that are still hotly debated here. Smile



Quote:
On 2010-08-17 15:26, Dannydoyle wrote:
Climate models use faulty math, you say tjat things are skewed to make things cooler and this all means the science is settled to you? Your view points to a socialist solution so you are satisfied. Again John where are yo point out that inherant dishonesty?


Point Proven.

Game, Set, Match.

We win yet again Smile

You continue to base your argument on an emotional level. You keep playing the I refuse to believe the evidence because it is somehow a socialist plot or will usher in the dreaded big government you fear card.

You can't logically counter or refute the science so now all you have left is discounting or demeaning the opposition with unsubstantiated or down right made up claims. Classic ploy of those suddenly finding themselves once again on the wrong side of the issue and not a scrap of evidence to use in support of their failed belief system. The exact same sad tactic is constantly used by creationists to attempt to discount evolution.

Like John, I and a handful of others keep asking. Where is your evidence? Where exactly is the math wrong? Point us to the flaws in the data. Do you really know or does it all just feel wrong to you?

Unfortunately science isn't feeling, hunches or blind guess work. It's a discipline of study, experimentation, prediction and duplication.

you can feel something is wrong or not right all you wish. But until you have the data and science to support those feelings there is no reason the rest of us need to take you at all seriously. You're simply a crank with unsupported claims and there is no reason to take anything you say seriously.

Not to say that you are wrong. What were thought to be lame and implausible theories in the past were eventually proven to be true. However they were only accepted after the requisite amount of work was done and the necessary evidence gathered to support their outlandish claims. something so far you guys have failed to do.

But we will wait here patiently for you to logically present your side of the case.

Big hint: your counter argument would have a lot more weight if it actually contained hard data and refrained from using the word socialist Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27151 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You say the climate is evolving? Really?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16249 Posts

Profile of tommy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0oGnqtVXo


Bet the pot!

Call!

Royal Flush!

Lets see it then!

What! Sir this is a Gentleman’s game.

Oh. You win then.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Naw Payne, the link was posted and suddenly you ignore it. Oh well.

As Jonathan asked where are we in the cycle of ice ages?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2010-08-17 17:36, tommy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0oGnqtVXo


Bet the pot!

Call!

Royal Flush!

Lets see it then!

What! Sir this is a Gentleman’s game.

Oh. You win then.


Yes, I do win as I truly have that Royal Flush

See

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/0......pdf+html

Read it and weep
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16249 Posts

Profile of tommy
Expert credibility in climate change

:rotf:
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2010-08-17 20:50, tommy wrote:
Expert credibility in climate change

:rotf:


Yes I tend to accept the information imparted by those who actually know what they are talking about instead of those who only think they do Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16249 Posts

Profile of tommy
So did the sucker in the gentleman’s poker game.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
That PNAS article is dismaying. The decadence to which this field has fallen, when a member of the Academy decides to devote his allotment of pages to a statistical analysis of the reputations of scientists in the field, rather than to the science itself. This is worse than a People magazine poll.

O tempora! O mores!

I just hope the current interglacial lasts . . . the coming ice age will not be pretty.

Woland
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16249 Posts

Profile of tommy
Do not worry my good fellow, for when we have the next ice age, we authorities, will take good care of you, just as we always have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoNHk_pJlRo
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
*** those economists and their grasp of science.
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Right or wrong, Lomborg is a very interesting character. He has always advocated a careful analysis of return on investment. For example, he says that more human suffering can be alleviated by putting resources into fresh water in Africa than in almost any other effort.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
By 'resources' do you mean poison? Just wondering....
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2010-08-31 22:15, MagicSanta wrote:
By 'resources' do you mean poison? Just wondering....


Your just a ray of sunshine glass half full type of fella aren't you Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Well...I'm convinced John is one of those genicide guys.....

I vote against messing with the water in Africa. They altered the flow in a river and killed bunches (that is metric) of hippos and elephants as well as other critters.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2010-09-01 00:03, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-31 22:15, MagicSanta wrote:
By 'resources' do you mean poison? Just wondering....


Your just a ray of sunshine glass half full type of fella aren't you Smile


Well I thought time and money were the resources.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Real Climategate Scandal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL