The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Sign card effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
What is a easy sign card effect other than card to wallet or to pocket.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Bluemagic,

"Easy" is a slippery term. I say this because you are assuming for instance that card to wallet (or wherever) must necessarily be difficult. There are actually versions that are squeaky clean and use no sleights. As for signed card effects generally, the list would be mammoth even meeting whatever "easy" means.

Nonetheless I will throw a few your way that are not knucklebusters per se but DO still require some skill.

Jon Lovick's "The Reparation" is a (in my opinion) more accessible and just as magically beautiful as Guy Hollingworth's "Restoration."

Anniversary Waltz is a gorgeous signed card effect. You might want to check Wesley James' original Fusion upon which this is based.

Steve Dacri has a WONDERFUL wild card plot in which SIGNATURES are wild.

I do not have the reference at hand, PM me if you want ANY of these references, but, there is a KILLER signed card to cardbox in Jerry Mentzer's Card Cavalcade series. The cool thing is that you OPENLY put an unknown, unsigned card into the cardbox in front of the audience BEFORE th effect begins. Two sleights are involved and NO palming and the box is not gaffed either.

Paul Gertner has something similar but with different methodology and it is not "difficult" (whatever THAT means).

John Kennedy's Mystery Box is a KILLER and VERY "easy".

Check out some of the great magic from Cameron Francis and Peter Duffie.

Paul Harris has one called "Guts." And believe me, that IS the method!

There are TONS of books I could refer you to of course, but, it WOULD help if you could somehow define what YOU believe to be "easy." That way, you could get many more responses.

What is your skill set at this point? By that I mean, ask yourself what sleights you feel you have MASTERY of, not the ones you "just get by with."

The vagaries of language in an asynchronous textual environment make these questions tricky to ask and answer my colleague. Words such as hard, best, simple, easy, etc., are HIGHLY subjective and require a bit more reflection.

By way of example, John Bannon's excellent Play it Straight Triumph might be considered easy to some and difficult to others, not only in methodology but in audience management as well.

I do hope this makes sense. If you can help us by defining where YOU are in your skill set, answers will be more informed because others will have information upon which to draw.

Ahimsa,
Vlad

PS: Every effect I have outlined above DOES require sleight of hand, but, ALL are within reach of mere mortals Smile
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Vlad and bluemagic,
My effect is actually called "Forgery," not "Fusion" and appears in my "Stop Fooling Us!" lecture notes, fully explained and illustrated. It was the first "physical merger" effect and preceded Anniversary Waltz by many years.

Wesley James
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
You should check out the extractor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Sign card effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL