The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best self working card prediction effect (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
My lottery ACAAN that I previously sold as a limited release. Completely hands off ACAAN using normal deck
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
428 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
I've released a trick called "Prediction: Impossible". I know not everyone is going into the ebooks reviews section so it may be relevant to speak about it here.

You can find some reviews on the Café if you want to know more: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=159&20

Best,

RAPH
NEW E-BOOK! Sneak: 12 card tricks based on the same principle.

https://www.lybrary.com/rapha%c3%83%c2%abl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
Daryl's Untouched
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Haven't read this entire thread, but - my effect Amazing Prediction was mentioned. You can see me perform it (not under the best conditions, but...) if you go to www.youtube.com/harrylorayneonvideo (I think that's the Link). Just scroll down until you find it - it's among about 33 other videos of me doing some stuff. Or, go to my magic website - listed under this post, with the word "magic" in it - I believe it's right there on the first page, for you to click on. HL. (No, no, mlippo, I realize that you will stick to doing that other (stolen?) version, right?.

And your remarks re: Rim Shots are not only SO WRONG (IN MY OPINION) but also entirely uncalled for (IN MY OPINION). Putting down a book that contains my false riffle shuffles, that have been, and are, used my card guys ALL OVER THE WORLD, for decades, and Controlled Spelling (with which I - and Michael Vincent - have fooled other magicians ALL OVER THE WORLD, for decades, plus my Status Quo Shuffle, Any Ace Spell, Ribbon-Spread Palm, Spectator-Challeng Aces, Mind Boggler, HaLo Cut, HaLo Aces and HaLo Again, with which I've fooled magicians (and laymen, of course) ALL OVER THE WORLD, for decades, plus so much more --- is not only WRONG, it's also OBVIOUS - to me, anyway, and IN MY OPINION. Yes, of course, we've had our problems in the past - after posts like yours in this thread, right?

Putting down a book of that caliber (according to cardmen ALL OVER THE WORLD) is beyond wrong, it doesn't help anyone. Oh, and thanks for the plug opportunity - that book is re-written, up-dated, etc., in LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, Vol. 2, along with Reputation-Makers (I know you'd knock that, if you had it) and Afterthoughts (same thought, IN MY OPINION.) I'm in the throes of doing Volume 4, the last, of that series right now - re-writes of my The Magic Book, Star Quality (The magic of David Regal) and The Card Classics of Ken Krenzel.) Not for you, mlippo, obviously. I do, of course, thank you for your remark (the only TRUE (IN MY OPINION) remark in your post - re: my books being the best, etc. (I never say that, so glad you did. Thanks so much.) Interesting to me that you still know what's in my books, because - many moons ago you posted that you BURNED ALL MY BOOKS!! Here's a match - get to Rim Shots! Anyway... HL.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Pre-deck-ability by Aldo Colombini is very hard to beat Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Sum-traction
Triple Psychometry
Janus Prediction (the easiest)
Chance or Choice

All four are taught in The Book of Destiny

Chance or Choice also was published in MAGIC Magazine February 2009

Larry Smile
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Oh, I just have to get this off my chest/mind - I omitted two points from my post above, re: the post seven above mine. One of those points is that this remark, talking about my books - "I do not own them all so there could be something worse than Rim Shots. Anyway, it's a small booklet..." (the italics are mine; need to point out these lovely remarks)is probably the most "put-down", "unknowledgeable", "obvious", "nasty", "un-called for", have to repeat -
"UNKNOWLEDGEABLE", remarks I've ever heard or read. And, the out-and-out lie - Rim Shops was NOT "a small booklet." My The Epitome Location had 29 pages, soft cover - THAT'S a "booklet." My Personal Secrets and My Favorite Card Tricks are "booklets." Rim Shots was 150 pages, with about 48 GEMS (according to other people's, from all over the world, opinions) - it certainly is NOT "a small booklet." I just feel it important - necessary - to make sure that you know with whom you're dealing when you read some of the posts by certain people - people like mlippo. (Now he REALLY will burn all my books - of which he doesn't "own them all." Please!

The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Quote:
On 2012-07-01 18:56, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Oh, I just have to get this off my chest/mind - I omitted two points from my post above, re: the post seven above mine. One of those points is that this remark, talking about my books - "I do not own them all so there could be something worse than Rim Shots. Anyway, it's a small booklet..." (the italics are mine; need to point out these lovely remarks)is probably the most "put-down", "unknowledgeable", "obvious", "nasty", "un-called for", have to repeat -
"UNKNOWLEDGEABLE", remarks I've ever heard or read. And, the out-and-out lie - Rim Shops was NOT "a small booklet." My The Epitome Location had 29 pages, soft cover - THAT'S a "booklet." My Personal Secrets and My Favorite Card Tricks are "booklets." Rim Shots was 150 pages, with about 48 GEMS (according to other people's, from all over the world, opinions) - it certainly is NOT "a small booklet." I just feel it important - necessary - to make sure that you know with whom you're dealing when you read some of the posts by certain people - people like mlippo. (Now he REALLY will burn all my books - of which he doesn't "own them all." Please!

Harry, he was comparing the quality of Rim Shots with your other books. Presumably some of your books are better than others. His opinion is that Rim Shots isn't as good as some of the other stuff you've published.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On 2012-06-24 13:34, Harry Lorayne wrote:
(No, no, mlippo, I realize that you will stick to doing that other (stolen?) version, right?.

If you ever care to read the wonderful Card College series you'll see that Mr. Giobbi makes a great effort to credit sleights and effects and where they were originally published. If you did that you'd have noticed that in the effect I talk about, you are credited as one of the magicians that inspired the effect and your 'Rim Shots' is cited as where it was published.

mlippo
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
And your remarks re: Rim Shots are not only SO WRONG (IN MY OPINION) but also entirely uncalled for (IN MY OPINION). Putting down a book that contains my false riffle shuffles, that have been, and are, used my card guys ALL OVER THE WORLD, for decades, and Controlled Spelling (with which I - and Michael Vincent - have fooled other magicians ALL OVER THE WORLD, for decades, plus my Status Quo Shuffle, Any Ace Spell, Ribbon-Spread Palm, Spectator-Challeng Aces, Mind Boggler, HaLo Cut, HaLo Aces and HaLo Again, with which I've fooled magicians (and laymen, of course) ALL OVER THE WORLD, for decades, plus so much more --- is not only WRONG, it's also OBVIOUS - to me, anyway, and IN MY OPINION. Yes, of course, we've had our problems in the past - after posts like yours in this thread, right?

That is my opinion and I still stick to it. The other books written by you and which I own (cannot speak for the ones I haven't got of course) are in general better. Just in case someone thought of buying ONE of your books, there are better choices. That's all. I also said that 'Amazing Prediction' is (for me) the best effect in Rim Shots, not THE ONLY ONE THAT IS WORTH MENTIONING.

Quote:

Oh, and thanks for the plug opportunity

As if you need an excuse ...

Quote:

I do, of course, thank you for your remark (the only TRUE (IN MY OPINION) remark in your post - re: my books being the best, etc. (I never say that, so glad you did. Thanks so much.) Interesting to me that you still know what's in my books, because - many moons ago you posted that you BURNED ALL MY BOOKS!! Here's a match - get to Rim Shots! Anyway... HL.

My pleasure, Harry, but since you like people to be very careful when using words, I'll do the same here. What I wrote is the following:

"I admit having had some problems in the past with Mr. Lorayne, but undoubtedly he has published some of the best material you can perform with a pack of cards."

This is not saying that your books are the best (as you seem to 'understand'), but that in general your books contain some material which is among the best things that you can perform with a pack of cards. But I could say the same thing for books/magazines written by Roberto Giobbi, Richard Kaufman, Tommy Wonder, Paul Harris, Lewis Ganson (who wrote Dai Vernon's material), Larry Jennings, Aldo Colombini, Stephan Minch, John Bannon, Michael Ammar and apologies to others that I don't mention...

Quote:
On 2012-07-02 03:55, The Burnaby Kid wrote:
Harry, he was comparing the quality of Rim Shots with your other books. Presumably some of your books are better than others. His opinion is that Rim Shots isn't as good as some of the other stuff you've published.

Apparently my English is good enough for The Burnaby Kid. Why isn't it good enough for you?

mlippo
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Okay; obviously if I misunderstood, I apologize. I just didn't read it the way Burnaby did. To me, a remark like "there could be something worse that Rim Shots," is an obvious put-down. Perhaps it is the language barrier. Stefmagic asked simply and directly "Where in print can Harry Lorayne's Amazing Prediction be found?" You answered that mlippo, and that's where (IN MY OPINION)you should have stopped. Stefmagic DID NOT ask for your review of one of my books. NOR DID ANYONE ELSE. Sure you're entitled to your opinion WHEN IT IS ASKED FOR. And my assumption always was/is that I AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION ABOUT THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS ABOUT ME OR MINE. NO?

And you still haven't mentioned your lie (or language barrier) calling Rim Shots "a small booklet" WHICH IT ISN'T. Obvious omission? So, again, hopefully it's the language barrier - obviously my brain doesn't work as efficiently as Burnaby's - he saw nothing wrong with your uncalled-for remarks (wonder if he'd feel the same if it was his stuff you were talking about). I'll assume he's right and as I said, you have my apology. If he isn't right, and I am, then my statements above about your remarks stand as originally posted.

I'll even assume that your, IN MY OPINION, put-down remark "As if you need an excuse" is part of the language barrier thing. If it isn't, then right back at you - DO YOU EVER NEED AN EXCUSE TO COME IN WITH UNCALLED-FOR REMARKS AND PUT-DOWNS WHENEVER there's mention of me or mine??? Again and obviously, if I'm wrong, and am simply not understanding you properly because of the language barrier, I do apologize.

Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
PS: I certainly find nothing wrong with your English. I wish I could speak/write Italian anywhere close to how well you write English. But, as discussed above, there may be an "understanding" problem.

fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Can we go back to the topic please ? Hope this is plain English enough, even in small caps.
Thank you.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I'm with you - I always stay on topic. More than I can say for some.

mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 12:06, Harry Lorayne wrote:
To me, a remark like "there could be something worse that Rim Shots," is an obvious put-down.

It was not. It was just victim of a comparison with better books.

Quote:
And you still haven't mentioned your lie (or language barrier) calling Rim Shots "a small booklet" WHICH IT ISN'T. Obvious omission?

No omission, but a really bad mistake on my part. My ignorance in the language caused me to call it that and now I realise it is not a 'small booklet'. I deeply apologise!
'Personal Secrets' (which I like very much by the way) is smaller than Rim Shots. I wonder what I'd have called that??? Smile

Quote:

Burnaby's [snip] saw nothing wrong with your uncalled-for remarks (wonder if he'd feel the same if it was his stuff you were talking about).

Actually I enjoy his writings very much! Haven't found anything wrong yet but if I ever should, I'll probably say it.

mlippo
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On 2012-07-02 12:08, Harry Lorayne wrote:
PS: I certainly find nothing wrong with your English. I wish I could speak/write Italian anywhere close to how well you write English. But, as discussed above, there may be an "understanding" problem.

Thank you very much. I am actually quite proud of it.
But there are certainly many many things you can do better than I do. Writing good books in an excellent teaching style being one, for example.

Now I really have all the best intentions to stop all not constructive arguments with you. Life's too bl***y short...

Just to let you know, I've been re-reading Best Of Friends 3 these days while "sitting on the throne" (don't get angry, Card College get also the same treatment!) and now I'm practising and writing the script for 'Guess Quotient' (page 19). Very good and looking forward to trying it for laymen.

mlippo
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Okay, mlippo, seems as if we're okay. Also seems as if you didn't burn ALL my books, and where you read them is immaterial as long as you read them (and hopefully enjoy them, and learn from them). Many have told me that Guess Quotient has become one of their top favorite impromptu card effects. Personal Secrets WAS a booklet. Harry L.

mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
No, Harry, books are all there.
That was really idiotic thinking ...

mlippo
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Good - and agreed. H.

RyanAdams
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of RyanAdams
Back to the topic!
As Vlad mentioned earlier, The Annihilation Deck by Cameron Francis is great and for what it is, very practical.
Icontact by Chris Congreave may be worth a look, its a similar principle. Saying that I don't own it, but hear that it is very good.

Hope this helps
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best self working card prediction effect (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL