The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Needing help on "Attitude" lesson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
I am teaching on having the same attitude that Christ had (Phil 2:5)

I am looking for a routine, idea, effect, etc. Even if you have a half-baked idea that you'd be willing to share, I'd consider it and tweek it to meet my needs. Thanks much!

Jamie
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
This is one of those "deep well" topics. Almost anything can fit into it. Look to the parables and find ways of illustrating what the parable are teaching.

wes holly
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Hi, Jamie:

I have a nasty habit of picking up effects from time to time that give me that "There's a message in that" feeling. Many times it's several weeks, months, years before I receive the inspiration for the correct presentation.

I purchased the "Squared Circle Mirrorcle" from a fellow Café member some time ago, with the idea that I would work on a message of how we as Christians should "reflect Christ" to the world. The effet is basically a squared circle utilizing a mirror placed behind a see thru outer cube...once the innner box is placed inside the outer square the production can begin.

I've let the idea incubate and have gone through some "stream of consciousness" workings with the prop but perhaps you can continue with the baton.

Good luck.

Steve
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Maybe a Richard Sanders Fiber Optics-type of a routine? Start with the professor's nightmare. "We might see ourselves like this (wave short rope around). "We want what others have. We focus on what we don't have." (All ropes become equal length). "But its never enough, going after what the world has will only make us want more." (turn two ropes into one). You could keep going with some narrative while the ends come off and back on. At that point I'd put the ropes down and say something like, "when I do this trick I think about how the Bible says we should have the same attitude that Jesus had..." and then I'd go into Phil 2:5.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Steve - thanks, I'll let that cook in my brain for a bit.

Kanawati- I just happen to have that dvd and have performed the routine before... I like your routine - I'll consider it - thanks!
Jamie Doyle
jamiedoylemagic.com
scottsheltonmagic
View Profile
New user
Raleigh, NC
59 Posts

Profile of scottsheltonmagic
I also do a Professor's Nightmare with 3 volunteers (shortest to tallest) to speak out against prejudice and racism. I use yellow and green ropes and invite the volunteers to examine them. I try to select volunteers with diversity if possible.

"I have a short rope, a medium rope, and a tall rope. Please examine the ropes and hand them to me when you're finished."

"There are all sorts of people in this world. But should you ever make fun of someone because they're shorter than you or taller than you?" (holding my hand over the different volunteers) <Audience says no.>

"Should you ever pick on people because they look different than you or are a different color like black, white, yellow, or green?" (pointing at people & then ropes) <Audience says no again.>

"God created all people equally so it doesn't matter how we look on the outside. We're all the same on the inside." (show ropes as equal length)

"We should treat all people equally..." (counting the ropes to show them as equal)

"So it doesn't matter whether you're short, medium, or tall (showing ropes as different lengths again), because God loves us all."
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Hey Scott,
thanks so much for your input - I like the idea of using volunteers for PN.

I actually presented a blend-o routine with a skunk silk and talked about having a "stinky" attitude. It went over great and the kids loved it.

Kanawati,
I used some of your patter ideas for another rope routine I've done in the past - based on Aldo Columbini's "rope puzzle"

Thanks for all the ideas guys!

Jamie
Jamie Doyle
jamiedoylemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Needing help on "Attitude" lesson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL