The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Things I learned on my holidays... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
We had a submarine, boomer, that was rammed by a whale and they had to bring it in for repair. I always enjoyed seeing the whales outside Monterey.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
My nephew (the U.S. Air Force Academy graduate and now Air Force pilot) rode / straddled a decent sized croc at a crocodile farm somewhere in Asia (in Thailand, I think). He and his wife also had a tiger straddle / lay across their laps, and bottle fed it. I'm looking at the picture now and while I am not sure how old the tiger was, from the look of it, it must have weighed at least as much as my nephew and his wife put together.

In both cases, no doubt, some animal handler was nearby but they are not visible in the photos (so they were at least several feet away). And I'm pretty sure this is something any tourist can do at these farms. My nephew comments, no way you could get away doing this in the U.S.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Does a "lucky" spectator still get a kiss from Shamu?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I think I know the tiger you are talking about and that is a huge cat.

There is a guy in Reno who has a big cat rescue and he goes to Carson City and Virginia City etc with this black leopard and you can get your picture taken with it. We dang near stepped on it in Virginia City when my wife and I turned a corner and she got her picture with him and the money goes to the rescue. Granted he is a very old leopard, you can see the spots when close up under the black hair. At the MGM in Vegas they use to, don't know if they still do, let you get a photo with a male lion and they would on special occasions let you pet a tiger at Marine World now in Vallejo California.

I ain't going near a croc.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
The crocs they use for those pics have their jaw muscles cut so they have no closing pressure which is what they rely on to do damage. Though more than one of the showmen over there who did the silly 'put my head in the croc's mouth' act, got killed when the croc shut with enough pressure. Since I stopped doing croc shows myself I've lost interest but I used to be a walking catalogue of croc show accidents.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Destiny
So does captain hook.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Things I learned on my holidays... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL