The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What types of induction should I use? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
robaiken
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of robaiken
I know a lot of the main inductions for hypnotherapy, but if I want to do street hypnosis; which inductions should I use? I would just use the hands over the eyes (forgot the name of it) or the arm pull induction (which I dislike).

Also if you have someone who doesn't want to go down (not due to fear!), what do you do. If its on the streets then you don't have the time to add all your indirect suggestions to knock them out.

Also does anyone know any good "tricks" to do. I like the arm sticking and forgetting their own name suggestions. I'm not interested in embarrassing people by making them think they are missing their left breast! such a thing can distress a person! electric shocks are fun, but have to be used with caution! if you have seen derren browns lecture in 1999 (i think) he does some very interesting stuff.

Thanks

Rob
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
I have rather serious neck/back problems - having a stranger (or anyone else for that matter) perform the arm pull induction on someone like that could be deterimental to your health depending on their reaction!
:)
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10135 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Great basis for a lawsuit. Sounds like you are a young beginner who is trying to put the cart before the horse. Get some professional training and every one of your questions will be answered. The first rule is to get an understanding of what hypnosis is and how it can be applied. Once you do this you will stop perceiving hypnosis as "tricks".
robaiken
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of robaiken
I understand how hypnosis works, and have but a few people in trace. What I was asking was, What inductions do you guys prefer to use? and by tricks I meant, does anyone use hypnosis with mentalism, because that's what I'm interested in. I'm not really beginner (but I am young). I don't see hypnosis as a trick; I done a lot of research before I first practice it myself. I have read books on hypnosis, self help books and talked to several hypnotherapits. I just thought that most people on here would be street or stage hypnotists.

I only really done the basic things with hypnosis (e.g. hands lock and eyes glued shut). I want to do more mentalism with hypnosis rather than classic stage hypnosis.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Robaiken, I understand how brain surgery works. I've never trained in brain surgery, but I have cut myself shaving a few times. If you need brain surgery, would you come to me? He11, I wouldn't come to me for brain surgery.

The fact is, if your really understand hypnosis as you claim, you'd know several types of inductions and be able to use them. I agree with Mindpro. Get some professional training and become a hypnotist.
robaiken
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of robaiken
Hypnosis isn't brain surgery. I have had some professional training(in slow inductions, not rapid and instant) I know around about 15 induction off the top of my head (i only use 3 of them). All I wanted to know, what was peoples favourite induction.

my favourite one is when you shake someone's hand and place it on their face. Its a veneration of the "Hypnotic Handshake Interrupt" and works beautifully well on most people, but works best one people sitting down.

I am not some random kid, who no doubt come on this forum section to learn how to hypnotise his class mates "for fun". I do take hypnosis very seriously, and give it the respect it deserves. I am think about making this into a career. I just wanted to get some tips from people who have been there and done that. I have only ever done 1 to 1 sessions for people who want to experience hypnosis first hand.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Robaiken,

Just a couple weeks or so ago, someone came in here and claimed to be a certified hynotherapist and wanted to know all we could tell him about how to do stage performances and whatnot.

I mean this with nothing but respect, but, asking questions such as this is like asking a magician how a trick is done. Two of my best friends are magicians. They won't even tell me... even though I do have some card manipulation tricks I can do, these are secrets kept very close to the chest.

If you do not believe me, go to one of the magic sections of this forum and ask them how the trick is done. I promise, they will not be as nice as these guys have been to this point.

You may be a great guy with great intentions. However, no one here is going to give you the cliff notes version of this art and let you run with it when so many others, including myself, have dedicated a countless amount of time and money to get where we are today.

You say you have hypnotized several people. I have hypnotized several hundred. I consider myself an ameteur. You have to start somewhere.... I can not argue that, but, many members on this forum have hypnotized thousands.

The best advice that can be given is to go to someone reputable that trains in stage hypnosis and read tons of books and watch tons of DVD's. This is probably the only answer you are going to get from most if not all the members here.

As I have stated in the past, some of the stuff I recommend come from Ormand McGill, Anthony Jaquin, Richard Nongard, John Cerbone ( in fact he and Richard have a Instant Induction and a Street Trance DVD that you should watch it seems ), Bill Gladwell....... and many others on here will chime in with their favorites. -Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10135 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
<quote>
"I have only ever done 1 to 1 sessions for people who want to experience hypnosis first hand"

<quote>
"Also if you have someone who doesn't want to go down (not due to fear!), what do you do."

<quote>
"electric shocks are fun"

<quote>
"I only really done the basic things with hypnosis"

...and this somehow qualifies you to be a stage hypnotist?
robaiken
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of robaiken
Ok I guess I miss understood the forum, I just wanted some ideas, I have see Kenrick Cleveland, Jonathan Royle, and Gerald Kein dvds. I have read some Milton H Erickson books.

I just wanted some ideas, not really how things are done. but ill guess ill shut up now :/

@mindpro no I don't thing this qualifies stage hypnotist
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
For street hypnosis purposes your induction can be lead by what you are trying to achieve.

If you need something large and visual with a group then magnetic hands or some kind of finger or handlock used as an induction will do fine. One to one the handshake induction Bandler style, Elman style or any hand to eye fixation method will do just fine.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
I´m practically a complete newcomer to hypnosis, I´ve read a few books (A. Jacquin, Ormond McGill etc). I originally came to the Café because of my interest in card magic and I realised that questions regarding "exposure" of methods were very much a taboo and I respect that.

My limited card repertoire has cost me time and money to acquire. Originally I didn´t mind showing one of my close friends how the odd trick was done, but those days are gone. All of this happened within the time frame of a year or two, so I can only imagine how a pro stage hypnotist/mentalist who has invested years in developing his/her skills may feel when he reads your question.

I understand and share your thirst for knowledge regarding entertainment hypnosis, and from what I´ve seen in the forums, folk are generally helpful when you ask a question relating to a "problem" that you are experiencing, rather than just asking for them to instruct you on techniques. I have seen the induction you talk about done in the street on a person standing up, and in the case that I saw there was no problem with the fact they were standing because the hypnotist said something to the effect of "your feet will support your weight with no trouble at all and you wont fall over" - so I´d say that the hand-to-face induction CAN work.

However, the fact that you´re asking that question does tend to indicate that you probably haven´t seen enough street hypnosis to have a bash at it yet.
I don´t live in the UK and am still searching to someone I can get some simple "how to hypnotise training" without it costing me an arm and a leg. Training in "Street hypnosis" techniques is available from people like James Tripp or Anthony Jacquin and wont cost you a fortune. I haven´t been on any courses (yet) so I can´t recommend anyone. I hope this is along the lines of what you were looking for.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Muzz
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Muzz
I would recommend that you have a look at Anthony's "Reality is Plastic" and his Manchurian Approach dvd set. I'm kind of impressed that Anthony didn't plug his material in his post, I respect him for that! However, it doesn't stop me shamelessly plugging the material myself, it really is brilliant and sounds exactly what you are looking for. Good luck with your future hypnosis!!!
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 19:40, robaiken wrote:
Hypnosis isn't brain surgery.


You're right. Hypnosis isn't brain surgery.
I was using something called a "metaphor."
That fact that you didn't get it indicates to me that you need a LOT more training and experience.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Quote:
On 2010-07-20 17:36, dmkraig wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 19:40, robaiken wrote:
Hypnosis isn't brain surgery.


You're right. Hypnosis isn't brain surgery.
I was using something called a "metaphor."
That fact that you didn't get it indicates to me that you need a LOT more training and experience.


Call him "butter" cuz he is on a roll.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
"What types of induction should I use?"
Ones that work.

Reg
robaiken
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of robaiken
I'm new to the site and just wanted a general discussion about hypnosis. I didn't mean to offend or annoy anyone. and I will agree I do need more experience. by no way was I asking for a howto guide, just some inspiration.
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Robaiken,

Don't get too worked up over it. Just learn from it, sit back, read and learn some more.

As far as inspiration goes, There is a lot that can be learned just going back and reading the old posts.

As far as instant inductions, I will put a couple people under during a show with one, but, I prefer to use a different induction as people not in the know aren't impressed by it. They have expectations of something different and it is my job to give them what they want. -Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
No need to apologise.
By saying "ones that work" I'm giving you some good advice.
The right induction to use is the one that works for you, your subject(s) and your spectators in that moment, in that context.
Some like to use lots of different inductions for different subjects/situations. Some, like Hugh Lennon have only ever used one. One. Ever.
I get the feeling your journey has only just begun so enjoy the ride.
Just a few years ago, there wasn't so much readily available info out there.
Now you have interviews, videos, ebooks, dvds, podcasts, all manner of things to help answer some of your questions.
But when it comes down to actually learning by doing, there really is no substitute for some live training.
Others might disagree and that in itself is part of what makes this field so interesting.
Reg

Quote:
On 2010-07-20 22:34, robaiken wrote:
I'm new to the site and just wanted a general discussion about hypnosis. I didn't mean to offend or annoy anyone. and I will agree I do need more experience. by no way was I asking for a howto guide, just some inspiration.
robaiken
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of robaiken
I'm probably just going to stick to the one I do now. It has worked every time for me so far. I've only got hypnotherapy dvd and books. So ill look around for some stage hypnosis dvds. I have one on stage hypnosis and the guy did one of the worst inductions ever, the person looked so unconformable. I'll have a look at what everyone has suggested.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
What? EVERY time? You mean on the same person, right?
If you have successfully hypnotised 100% of the people you have worked with, then you definitely haven't worked with enough.
Reg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » What types of induction should I use? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL