The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The White Room by Ran Pink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
After a search of the Café I could not locate a review for the item mentioned above. It would be a shame that this effect pass by un-mentioned as it's one hell of an effect!

The White Room by Ran Pink has quickly become one of my favorite impromptu effects allowing you to seemingly read a spectators mind by identifying a thought of card.

Without speaking a word the spectator is asked to visulise a simple scene in their mind and in the process decides upon a single playing card of their choice.

This very sneaky and clever visualization process allows you to identify the card the spectator is thinking of in the most remarkable way.

After getting a good feel for the effect you can be as direct as to name the card the spectator is thinking of without question. This is something I have had so much pleasure in doing many times over.

Even the infamous Eshla commented "That was the closest thing to a psychic experience I have ever had" and by his own admission he is one cynical cookie!

Having enjoyed using both "Silent Running" and "Crossroads" by Ben Harris to great effect in the past this effect has now changed the way I perform them due to the direct and logical methodology involved and in my opinion improves upon both.

The e-book download priced at $15.00/£10.00 extensively covers the method leaving no questions un-answered and for those who are fans of the ACAAN plot there is a clever no questions asked method offered which utilizes the core method.

Best Wishes Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Sounds underpriced!
Googling it gave me the creator's own thoughts...
http://worldwidemagic.com/white-room/
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
How surefire is this, and do you need to be an experienced mentalist?
kiki
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Haha!

Picked this up, and from the intro bit he does, you know where you try it, his first one nailed me!

I haven't read any further yet, but he named my cards first it was great! Not often enough that us as performers get to experience something like this.

For me this is like SR (but I like it soooo much better). But I haven't read enough yet to make a judgement.

JH
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Can it be repeated at the same sitting, with different out comes for multiple specs?

Cheers
Frank
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 10:28, celebrity wrote:
Even the infamous Eshla commented "That was the closest thing to a psychic experience I have ever had" and by his own admission he is one cynical cookie!

Michael,

I know Ran is a thinker and I'm quite sure this is going to be good but I am not sure Eshla would be someone I listen to, about Mentalism (personal opinion) because he can be cynic or not, but as long as he is vastly lacking knowledge of what he is talking about (Mentalism) his point is worth very little.

Ran, congratulations for what it seems to be another winner...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
As far as I can see Frank (i've only had it maybe 2o mins) yes it can.

And LOTH; with the greatest respect, what an entirely irrelevant and uncalled for comment that is.

JH
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-07-19 11:28, Jon Hackett wrote:

And LOTH; with the greatest respect, what an entirely irrelevant and uncalled for comment that is.

JH

John,

With the same greatest respect back at you, my comment was just as irrelevant as Eshla appraisal of the thing, unless the fact he is a self-appointed cynic (?) with little knowledge about existing methods is something for me to look for.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
That is fair enough Mr Cavalli. Sorry to have 'jumped' so quickly.

I am really enjoying Mr Ran Pink's work on this. As I was reading the intro I was thinking about a couple of T.A.Waters bits and what have you, and then ohh! They are already covered.

I use Think Pink occasionally, and it is a very well put together piece of work, which, is very comprehensive in its entirety.

I am feeling however, that this is something that I am beginning to lean to even more, I can see myself using this; ALLOT.

JH
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

No problem.

And as I stated, I know Ran is usually coming up with good stuff.

This one, which I don't own, is probably no exception.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
Ohh quiet LotH Smile

Anyway I agree this ebook is very clever. I've seen it used by Michael and steven several times and each time the reactions have been brilliant. You know those effects which you have performed on you and then you almost don't want to know how they are done? This is one of those effects.

Having said that I must give a critical downside to this too.

While the effect never has failed Michael or Steven, I have yet to make it work. I imagine this is because of my lack of ability to "read" people. This is NOT the fault of the product, it is my own lacking, but it should be warned that this product is not for people with Aspergers.
(I say that because this is a magicians website, where a lot of us do suffer from autism)

The ICAAIN (Imagined Card At Any Imagined Number) is a forcing technique, which allows you to narrow down the choice of cards the spectator will select. Personally I dislike this, because the true genius of Ran Pink's creation is the techniques used to work out which single card they are thinking of... here that is not needed, as there are multiple outs. Therefore the methodology becomes much more obvious.

The ACAAN effect in my opinion is worthless, but the brilliance of The White Room itself is so useful. Of all the ebooks I have ever read, this taught me the most little "tricks of the trade" and is a wonder when performed right.

However if you do not, I highly reccomend this. And if by chance you do not respect my opinion, and agree with LotH, then don't buy it, and miss out Smile

Tom
xx
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-07-19 12:00, Eshla wrote:
Ohh quiet LotH Smile

Having said that I must give a critical downside to this too.

While the effect never has failed Michael or Steven, I have yet to make it work. I imagine this is because of my lack of ability to "read" people. This is NOT the fault of the product, it is my own lacking, but it should be warned that this product is not for people with Aspergers.
(I say that because this is a magicians website, where a lot of us do suffer from autism)

The ACAAN effect in my opinion is worthless, but the brilliance of The White Room itself is so useful. Of all the ebooks I have ever read, this taught me the most little "tricks of the trade" and is a wonder when performed right.

Thank you for making my point better than I ever could.

I rest my case.

Quote:
And if by chance you do not respect my opinion, and agree with LotH, then don't buy it, and miss out Smile

Except for the fact that I never suggested anyone NOT to buy that.

Maybe in your mind I did... But I did not.
Eshla
View Profile
Inner circle
1239 Posts

Profile of Eshla
So what your saying is, my opinion is worthless and yet your agreeing with me?

Ok...

Anyway, The White Room is great, buy it if your not aspergic.

P.S
I have recieved several PM's already, and yes it does work in any language.

Tom
xx
I come from the future to culture you poor sods with fire.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-07-19 12:15, Eshla wrote:
So what your saying is, my opinion is worthless and yet your agreeing with me?

On your total lack of knowledge?... Yes, I agree with you.

Quote:
Anyway, The White Room is great, buy it if your not aspergic.

Yeah... and neither if you are paranoid schizophrenic.

And your moot point was?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2193 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
REVIEW:
Just purchased this.

Although it is a bit like SR......I like both of them, but I think I will use SR other than The White Room.

But, I really liked Rans take on ICAINU.

This one I will be doing for sure!!

Im happy!, I will be killed with ICAINU.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Anyone know if these versions of the two effects are the same as those that will be included in "Run Silent, Run Deep"?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2193 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Yep Gmeister!

They will be included in Run Silent Run Deep!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Thanks, Alex. Sounds like that makes Run Silent Run Deep even a better bargain!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Kiki yep instructions are very comprehensive so even a novice could pick this up. Frank although I wouldn't repeat within a group you could if you wish with various cards being thought of. You could even do this on two people at once!

I'm sure that those who have purchased it will grow to love it even more with every performance.

As a fan of the preditor wallet I'm presently adapting this so that I can do the preditor effect with my regular wallet!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Michael

That was my thinking... 2 specs. (hubby/wife for instance) with different cards.

Thanks for the responce.

Cheers
Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The White Room by Ran Pink (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL