The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The White Room by Ran Pink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Doing it this way could work out very nicely for you! If you purchase it you'll understand why!

;)
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I had many discussions with Ran about his White Room concept over the past few months.
I love stuff like this. The idea and possibilities once explored are a tool for all mentalist to play with and make their own.
Guys like Ran and Michael continue to think out of the box.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Ran's WHITE ROOM is a lovely, lovely piece. It will be included in Run Silent, Run Deep, which is released on July 31. A FULL list of contributions can be found at:

http://www.wowbound.com

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
And the thinking of Ben Harris too!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Is white room using roughly the same method as silent running or is it something that can be performed without involving any of the silent running methodology?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
The White Room can be used independently without knowledge of silent running. Whilst there are close similarities between the two I favour the technique of the White room.

I also think highly of crossroads and think the effect is enhanced when combined with the White room.

Best wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Michael

I'm waiting on RSRD. Only a few more days.

Cheers
Frank.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 10:28, celebrity wrote:
After a search of the Café I could not locate a review for the item mentioned above. It would be a shame that this effect pass by un-mentioned as it's one hell of an effect!

The White Room by Ran Pink has quickly become one of my favorite impromptu effects allowing you to seemingly read a spectators mind by identifying a thought of card.

Without speaking a word the spectator is asked to visulise a simple scene in their mind and in the process decides upon a single playing card of their choice.

This very sneaky and clever visualization process allows you to identify the card the spectator is thinking of in the most remarkable way.

After getting a good feel for the effect you can be as direct as to name the card the spectator is thinking of without question. This is something I have had so much pleasure in doing many times over.

Even the infamous Eshla commented "That was the closest thing to a psychic experience I have ever had" and by his own admission he is one cynical cookie!

Having enjoyed using both "Silent Running" and "Crossroads" by Ben Harris to great effect in the past this effect has now changed the way I perform them due to the direct and logical methodology involved and in my opinion improves upon both.

The e-book download priced at $15.00/£10.00 extensively covers the method leaving no questions un-answered and for those who are fans of the ACAAN plot there is a clever no questions asked method offered which utilizes the core method.

Best Wishes Michael Smile

ICAINU sounds like SR ACAAN by Tommy.

Maybe, I believe this effect will be included by Ben Harris in his new ebook.
I have seen it and you can do it with or without a real deck of cards and the card and the number are just imagined.

MP
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
735 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Always talking about Tommy, you must be a dull dinner party guest.

JH
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Quote:
On 2010-07-20 10:03, Jon Hackett wrote:

JH

:rotf:
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2010-07-20 10:03, Jon Hackett wrote:

JH

LOL
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 11:24, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 10:28, celebrity wrote:
Even the infamous Eshla commented "That was the closest thing to a psychic experience I have ever had" and by his own admission he is one cynical cookie!

Michael,

I know Ran is a thinker and I'm quite sure this is going to be good but I am not sure Eshla would be someone I listen to, about Mentalism (personal opinion) because he can be cynic or not, but as long as he is vastly lacking knowledge of what he is talking about (Mentalism) his point is worth very little.

Ran, congratulations for what it seems to be another winner...

LOTH, well wouldn't that make him a laymen? His opinion would be what we're after...no?
Magic is a vanishing art.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 12:24, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 12:15, Eshla wrote:
So what your saying is, my opinion is worthless and yet your agreeing with me?

On your total lack of knowledge?... Yes, I agree with you.

Quote:
Anyway, The White Room is great, buy it if your not aspergic.

Yeah... and neither if you are paranoid schizophrenic.

And your moot point was?

What don't you lay off guy? Does it make you feel good to disparage him.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Entermagic,

Unfortunately, Tommy's handling did not make it into "Run Silent Run Deep". It's a fine handling, but simply came in too late to make the book. Tommy sent many, many ideas. But, as I say, it was all too late in the process. Tommy has my full permission to publish his handlings re SR as he sees fit.

SR ACAAN is, by the way, nothing like Ran's idea.

Cheers and happy magic!

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
Benny,

that is a real shame, T asked me to test his SACAAN sometime ago, and have done so under many different performance conditions including over the phone to several people who were left clueless. This would have been a worthy inclusion within RSRD.

I have read the White Room, and although I will be giving this a good showing over the next few weeks, I do feel that the ACAAN is a bit of a let down. The last thing a spectator needs in a social situation is to have to perform some mental gymnastics (IMHO) saying that, Ran was upfront enough to say that his solution wouldn't be to everyones liking.

David.
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1100 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
I Recently read "The White Room" and I really like Ran's thinking.

The selection procedure seems completely fair, as does the revelation.

Ran teaches some great techniques that can be used in many other routines as well.

Definitely worth more than the price!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi David,

I agree. It's very, very nice. Hopefully T will publish it in due course (I'm encouraging him to do so). If he does not, then it becomes a lovely little gem shared by just a few. That, adds to its value.

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
OK, good news. I've worked out how to fit Tommy's clever idea into the book without causing any major layout problems. So it's in!

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Tommy is happy!

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Cool news, Ben!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The White Room by Ran Pink (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL