The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Agony and the Ecstasy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not sure what to make of this:

Briefly, the drug Ecstasy seems to help in the treatment of people with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I take a pill for mine. It keeps me from wanting to beat people up and strangle others. I have no idea what ectasy is but my drug helps keep many people alive.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Why do I believe that....

From the article...
Quote:
Psychiatrist Dr Michael Mithoefer, who led the study, said before ecstasy was used recreationally, psychiatrists and psychotherapists around the world often used it to boost therapy.

Well, yes. It mimics hormones that cause people to feel closer to each other. One of the times these hormones are most present is right after sex. Ex is, in a word, artificial after-glow.

It was * supposed* that doing therapy under its influence could help couples connect better. It wasn't very successful however. It had the basically the same problem as "make-up sex", it wears off. And then your just left with your everyday feelings.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I have no knowledge of designer drugs. It's probibly because designer drugs are not of my generation.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well whats the big deal? It is a treatment for such and that is what it was intended and invented or developed for.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
"Drugs are BAD, M'kay?"
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I love doing that to my wife to drive her nuts!

My latest thing to get her is if she ask me the right type of question I get a dead look in my face and and impersonate that Fox girl from Jonas Hex and say "Wouldn't you?", she hates that.

Maybe I should start doing drugs and drinking.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Santa
I can't make heads or tails out of your last post. Are you sure that you are not drunk right now?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
So what do you tell your kids about drugs?
Shaddup and take your ritalin?

Yes, I recall hearing the drug the media calls ecstasy was designed for therapeutic use. All I recall about the folks who tried it at clubs back in college wast that it also seems to have dehydration problems.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Gaddy made a South Park reference Al....
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2010-07-19 20:04, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
So what do you tell your kids about drugs?
Shaddup and take your ritalin?

Yes, I recall hearing the drug the media calls ecstasy was designed for therapeutic use. All I recall about the folks who tried it at clubs back in college wast that it also seems to have dehydration problems.

Yes, for some reason all the kids staying up dancing for 12 hours straight while high on E were getting dehydrated...

Musta' been the "E" Smile
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I really feel old, and out of touch. I have never seen any of those Sunday night FOX cartoon shows. I'm just not a FOX kind of guy.

Jonathan
Ah yes the dance all night drug. That's why I know nothing about this drug, I go to bed at 10:30.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Marching pills.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What exactly does ecstasy do to you?
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
It's not an exactly kind of drug to my knowledge.
I've seen varying reactions.
You know why don't act naive.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I remember that LSD was used for a similar purpose as well, somewhat successfully.
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
This pretty much sums up X- The drug of choice for Ravers.
I hate ravers.

Users report that Ecstasy produces intensely pleasurable effects – including an enhanced sense of self-confidence and energy. Effects include feelings of peacefulness, acceptance and empathy. Users say they experience feelings of closeness with others and a desire to touch others. Other effects can include involuntary teeth clenching, a loss of inhibitions, transfixion on sights and sounds, nausea, blurred vision, chills and/or sweating. Increases in heart rate and blood pressure, as well as seizures, are also possible. The stimulant effects of the drug enable users to dance for extended periods, which when combined with the hot crowded conditions usually found at raves, can lead to severe dehydration and hyperthermia or dramatic increases in body temperature. This can lead to muscle breakdown and kidney, liver and cardiovascular failure. Cardiovascular failure has been reported in some of the Ecstasy-related fatalities.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Agony and the Ecstasy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL